Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 02:20:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tonight's Game and  (Read 3482 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Tonight's Game and
« on October 07, 2015, 12:51:49 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Many others before, Have made the point that we need to build another team. Short term loan fixes, Not being on the scene when promising players are available, Have all contributed to the mess the side is in.
Well done to York for winning the game, But that game has reminded me of where we have come from, And where we are going back to if the right decisions are not made.
The bad decisions here and there, Over the months and years are unfortunately starting to catch up with our club. For me a 'Sustainable club', Shouldn't be looking to sort it's problems out with loans.

We should have a squad of our own, Supported by the youth team, With some level of ambition to get a side put together that can last for a fair few years.
We badly need to stop the way things are run, 'Short termism', Is the master.
The club make the headlines that they are trying to build a more sustainable club, But surely putting your own team together is more sustainable, Than constantly lending other clubs youth players.
The ideas are tired and don't work, Surely it is better to scour the free transfers, Players not getting a game, Players in the lower league's of promise, and going position by position until you have the squad you want.

We need a manager who is allowed the time to build a squad over this season and the next, The board in the long run would save money by paying smallish fee's for players, And using loans as an emergency.
There is no continuity at the club, As much as the club is supposed to be building something on solid foundations, Nothing has really changed, It's still built on a very flimsy sand.
The next manager whoever he is, If the club genuinely want to do well, Has to be given funds to pay fee's for players if they are the one's he wants.
The wages to sign free transfers, The board has to be prepared to spend a bit of money in the short term, To build a team for the long term.

We have to accept while this squad is being built there will be some bad results. We badly need a manager who comes in lifts the place, And has his idea of how he wants to do things.
We need to stop recruiting other teams youth players and show faith in our own, The right back situation the club had no choice.
O'Driscoll built his side, And but for injuries wouldn't have brought in half of those he did, In those days we had a core of a team, whoever came in already knew what was expected.
Tonight's result is a warning to everybody at the club, Make the right decisions, Or this is our future!.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovers91

• Forum Member
Re: Tonight's Game and
« Reply #1 on October 07, 2015, 01:09:06 am by Rovers91 »
Every club at our level require loan players it is impossible with out doing so.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 07, 2015, 01:11:17 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Every club at our level require loan players it is impossible with out doing so.

Every club at our level 'Think', They need loan players, If we recruited players who could keep fit, We wouldn't need them.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 07, 2015, 06:31:55 am by dickos1 »
How can you recruit players who can keep fit?
We don't recruit a high number of loan players compared to other sides

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 07, 2015, 09:09:28 am by acko »
when the season started everybody was optimisic,thought dickov had done well with the signings he made,20goal a seaon goalscorer.good keeper.experiance in chaplow,nguession,two experianced defenders,Were could we go wrong,suddenly its all dickov doesnt know how toget the best from these players. Now its all the players he brought in are crap.                                                                                         Like it or not the team is in a relegation fight and the indecision by the board hasnt helped,Far too long to get rid of dickov and now 5 weeks to get new manager.The very least they could have done was given jones the reigns till end of season and work from there because the names being banded around dont seem to inspire anybody.I think its going to be a rocky ride i only hope they can get ut of the mess they are in.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 07, 2015, 09:21:42 am by drfc1951 »
How many loan players played last night and on Saturday 2 I think.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 07, 2015, 01:06:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Loan players are not a problem if used the right way. We got promoted with loan players in the past who made huge contributions. Chris Brown, Ian Hume, Dean Furman and Matt mills for example.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 07, 2015, 01:11:03 pm by acko »
loan players is part of lower league football now,my only concern is make sure they are good enough to be in the first 11 otherwise i dont see the point

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 07, 2015, 04:56:43 pm by Rovers91 »

Every club at our level 'Think', They need loan players, If we recruited players who could keep fit, We wouldn't need them.

Clubs 'know' at some point they will require loans, some players maybe more prone to injuries than others but any player can get injured.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 08, 2015, 12:13:52 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I haven't changed my mind on Dickov's recruiting of players, It was a strength of his that he brought the right one's in mostly, He made very few mistakes in that way.
This summers signings are no different, Some have had a slow start to their careers with us, And that in some way lead to him being sacked.
For whatever reason whoever he brought in he couldn't consistently get performances from them, And i think Rob Jones is sampling the same.
I don't know if it's a case some don't want to be here, Or the mix of the team isn't right, I suspect a bit of a lot of things.

You can't argue with loan signings when you have no choice, Like the right back situation, I feel for the Horsfield lad he has come to do a job for us, In a position he can play but it's not his strongest.
He has very little experience, We need to go easy on him, Let him play his way in.
 I would always prefer one of our youth players to get the chance, But we started with a 'makeshift' right back, and a youth player and both got injured, We needed a proper right back at the start.

We have had some fantastic loan players over the years, I just think continuity suffers if you keep bringing new players in, Anderson by the way is our best player at the minute, So my argument looks stupid at the minute.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012