Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:21:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: who will get sacked first the Notts County Manager or the Orient Manager. ?  (Read 1669 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Earlier in the season when both Bradford and Wrexham had "lost it " I was going to start a similar thread to this -
Despite a string of Hammerings for Wrexham (sacking him wouldn't go down well on Nitficks") and Bradford's moderate form ..........

(they have a total inability to beat Harrogate at home - Bradford scored a 95th minute equaliser

Bradford City 1  Walker (90'+5minutes) Harrogate Town 1 Daly (78'minutes)

whatsmore last season Bradford amazingly lost at home in the FACup to Harrogate last season and I lost my money !!

..... I expected both to struggle on and the thread might run over into next season --alas NO ! we had a winner

Anyhow  The Notts County Manager is having literally a "nervous breakdown"  and doesn't even recognise his team
at least he recognises his sieve defence -

and as for "Orient of the East" it looks like it's time for their manager to "Go West" anyone else but 'im would have been sacked at 5-15 Saturday
they are on a hhhorriffic run with a triple "h"

Now for the Rovers angle the Boxing day "Re-match"  couldn't come at a better time to take revenge - maybe they might have a new manager in place by then ??

and Mansfield have finally discovered the knack of losing a league match - (stretching the stats they have just one point from their last 6 points available) their success is built on defence  they have conceeded only 17 goals

Suddenly these "twin peaks" don't seem so hard to "Conquer"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 01:17:52 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Have we got to decifer these rambling to presume you mean orient of the east is Mansfield?  What's the connection?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 09:12:40 pm by adamtherover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Have we got to decifer these rambling to presume you mean orient of the east is Mansfield?  What's the connection?
No he means Leyton Orient.
He thinks Wellens is due for the sack.
Personally that would be madness. Why does a manager need sacking after 5/6 games without a win

If every club did that then the merry go round of managers changing clubs would be so farcical it would make the current crazy situation look chicken feed.

There is no way Leyton Orient should finish in the top 12 in that league. They have just got promoted.

They won’t get relegated. There are 6/7 teams much worse than them in that league.
If Wellens loses another 4/5 games on the trot then the alarm belles will start ringing I suspect.
Can Richie stop the slide? He has to be given the chance imo.
This is a serious test of his man management skills.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
No he means Leyton Orient.
He thinks Wellens is due for the sack.
Personally that would be madness. Why does a manager need sacking after 5/6 games without a win

If every club did that then the merry go round of managers changing clubs would be so farcical it would make the current crazy situation look chicken feed.

There is no way Leyton Orient should finish in the top 12 in that league. They have just got promoted.

They won’t get relegated. There are 6/7 teams much worse than them in that league.
If Wellens loses another 4/5 games on the trot then the alarm belles will start ringing I suspect.
Can Richie stop the slide? He has to be given the chance imo.
This is a serious test of his man management skills.

I was tempted to say exactly the same CR until I spoke to one of my friends who is an Orient Season Ticket holder. They have had their injury problems which is accepted, and he has previously been supportive of Wellens, but described him as recently being “very full of himself” and how he is inclined to just blame others for setbacks rather than being more objective in examining his own responsibilities. So there is some discontent amongst the fans. Considering how he pulled them around from where they were when he joined them and the comfortable promotion last year, this may seem a little harsh, but he is obviously not as secure as perhaps we might have expected.

I didn’t like how he presented himself when he was with us, but I assumed he had learnt lessons and it would be good for him if he did get through this. I suppose that strong self-belief characterised his approach to playing, but you need flexibility to get the best out of people which hopefully he is developing.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Orient sacked their development and set piece coach before the 2-1 win at Cheltenham

where they were 1-0 down til the 89th minute and managed to win 2-1

what's that about a poor workman (manager) blaming his fellow "tool" ( set piece coach)

Apparently Swansea are thinking of making a move for the Notts County Manager who has lost 5 out of his 7 last games  :headbang:

Don't know why they Signed the Barnsley Manager who  plays a different type of football to   "passing for passing sake" Swansea "stuff

As i said The Notts County Manager has totally lost the plot so it's looking good for us on Boxing Day at their place.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 07:59:54 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012