Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:26:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John Marquis  (Read 5155 times)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Re: John Marquis
« Reply #30 on September 24, 2018, 02:17:08 pm by Axholme Lion »
Admittedly he was a lot younger then - but the contrast with his Millwall career is startling.

He has played 99 league games for us and never once been a substitute, scoring 46 league goals.

At Millwall he played 52 league games for them of which a massive 32 of those games he came on as as a substitute, scoring only 5 league goals.

Confidence player. Get him running and he is all set.

We could do with him back, this lot we've got at the moment are shit so far this season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 24, 2018, 02:37:59 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
JM is the latest in a long line of strikers who’ve really made a positive impact on the Rovers over the years I’ve been watching them. Players like Duggie, Ernie Moss, Paul Dobson, Mike Jefferey, Bruno, Johnny Muir, Colin Cramb, Hefferenan, Greg Blundel, Paul Barnes and now John Marquis to name a few. We’ve had a few good ‘uns.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 24, 2018, 04:00:42 pm by jonnydog »
JM is the latest in a long line of strikers who’ve really made a positive impact on the Rovers over the years I’ve been watching them. Players like Duggie, Ernie Moss, Paul Dobson, Mike Jefferey, Bruno, Johnny Muir, Colin Cramb, Hefferenan, Greg Blundel, Paul Barnes and now John Marquis to name a few. We’ve had a few good ‘uns.

Excellent list of names there... I’ll add Sharp n’all :thumbsup:

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 24, 2018, 09:10:18 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
End of the day, players records are looked at for "scored so many in so many appearances at..." rather than "was signed for £...."

Stay where you're loved, John. Money isn't everything.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 24, 2018, 10:24:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Admittedly he was a lot younger then - but the contrast with his Millwall career is startling.

He has played 99 league games for us and never once been a substitute, scoring 46 league goals.

At Millwall he played 52 league games for them of which a massive 32 of those games he came on as as a substitute, scoring only 5 league goals.

We could do with him back, this lot we've got at the moment are shit so far this season.

Should have thought about that before you let a gem like him go.

Mind, we've all made mistakes like that. I thought we'd got the better part of the deal when we sold Brian Deane and bought Paul Dobson.

One played for England and scored nearly 200 goals after leaving us. The other never played above Div 4 again and was out of League football within 4 years. Hey ho.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 24, 2018, 10:39:14 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Should have thought about that before you let a gem like him go.

Mind, we've all made mistakes like that. I thought we'd got the better part of the deal when we sold Brian Deane and bought Paul Dobson.

One played for England and scored nearly 200 goals after leaving us. The other never played above Div 4 again and was out of League football within 4 years. Hey ho.

I think a lot of us thought the same! Brian Deane’s career really took off when he left us. To be fair to Paul Dobson, he did score 10 goals in 24 games for us which ain’t too bad,

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 24, 2018, 10:55:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
True Herbert. I never did understand why Mackay shipped him out that Xmas.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012