Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:51:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again  (Read 54670 times)

donnyguy61

Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again
« on March 10, 2015, 04:57:34 pm by donnyguy61 »
@SkyNewsBreak  5m5 minutes ago
The BBC has suspended Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson "following a fracas" with a producer

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again
« Reply #1 on March 10, 2015, 08:23:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Does this mean my licence fee will no longer be feeding the troll?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 10, 2015, 08:47:45 pm by IC1967 »
Let's hope Doncaster's finest son gets away with it. Top Gear would be finished without him.

Surely the BBC will see sense and give him another final warning. If not I fear the licence fee will go up due to a drop in revenue from selling the programme worldwide.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 11, 2015, 07:32:50 am by Boomstick »
Top gear will be nothing without him, frankly boring.
The bbc is making a huge mistake. Clarkson is MASSIVELY popular, and will get employment elsewhere

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 11, 2015, 08:01:14 am by Metalmicky »
A first rate cock - Top Gear is just a rich boys car club.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 11, 2015, 10:36:29 am by Bentley Bullet »
Another typical example of Donny folk hating their own. Deep down I suspect we hate ourselves.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 11, 2015, 10:49:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Boomstick

I guess the irony goes over your head. Supporting Clarkson on one thread and berating bullying on another...

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 11, 2015, 05:46:39 pm by IC1967 »
What a class act our Jeremy is. He still has a senses of humour (unlike some others on this forum I could mention). When asked where he was going he replied 'to the Job Centre'. Hilarious.

Let's just hope political correctness doesn't end up with him leaving Top Gear.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-pictured-leaving-home-5312378

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 11, 2015, 05:56:39 pm by wilts rover »
Yes Mick political correctness has gone mad, if you cant even punch someone in the face for not bringing you dinner in time, what is the world coming to.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 11, 2015, 07:30:27 pm by grayx »
The blokes a complete dick who thinks he can do what he wants. I don't give a shite if hes from Donny or not.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 11, 2015, 08:00:22 pm by GazLaz »
I can't understand why people don't like him. He just does and says things to wind people up and doesn't give a f**k. He's funny. In my opinion if you don't like him you don't know how to take him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 11, 2015, 08:46:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Some recent article got him bang on recently.

He is a clever man whose approach is deliberately aimed at winding up po-faced liberals. I understand that and they are a fair target.

BUT

In the process, he reinforces stupid, idle, prejudices. His humour deliberately aims at either idiotic stereotypes or at belittling and bullying relatively weak sections of society. That "eeny meeny" video is a classic example. Have a snigger at using the word "nigger" then turn the disgust back at the PC brigade (sic). If in doing that, he was ONLY winding up the easily wound up, that would be very clever humour. But that's NOT all he does. Incidentally or deliberately, he normalises attitudes that should be ostracised.

There is also the fact that the Kitson's humour is so f**king unsophisticated that only retards would find it funny, but that's another issue.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 11, 2015, 08:52:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He's a very successful broadcaster and writer whose opinionated tongue in cheek style doesn't appeal to everyone, but I like him, his writing especially.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 11, 2015, 08:57:13 pm by knockers »
He's a t**t!

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 11, 2015, 09:02:34 pm by jucyberry »
Isn't  violence in the workplace grounds for instant dismissal due to gross misconduct?

Or is it one law for the ordinary man and another for a petrol head's wet dream?

As far as I can see that is all that matters. If the report of violence is true then he has no right to a  place on TV.
The BBC as per usual play it completely wrong by canning the last three episodes. They should have carried on without him. Strange as it probably might seem to him and his fans Top Gear  is the sum of more parts than just Mr Clarkeson.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 11, 2015, 09:40:35 pm by auckleyflyer »
Donnys not got much going for it, but by far and away the most embarrassing thing is that this cock is associated with the place.
He appeals to my teenage boys and all the 20-30-40 yr olds that failed to grow up/get a woman/get a life or amy kind of education!!!!
He and his 400000 petition signers' are a perfect example of why vote should be based on a suitable IQ test!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 11, 2015, 10:05:11 pm by Nudga »
That's one of the most pompous posts I've ever read on here.
This is turning into the intellectuals, we're better than you thread.
Do you know what, I like Top Gear, I quite like Clarksons humour. I don't agree with everything he does or says but that certainly doesn't make me a moron who doesn't have a woman, education or a life.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 11, 2015, 10:09:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
......And also offensive to our town, having 'not got much going for it'.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 11, 2015, 10:41:39 pm by Iberian Red »
I think we should start an online petition (idiots will), that he gets a hard kick in the scrotum.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 11, 2015, 11:00:31 pm by IC1967 »
Look. Lets get one thing straight. If he has punched someone then that is not ideal behaviour. If he apologises to the person affected and his apology is accepted then that should be the end of the matter.

Those of you that want him sacked need to think things through a bit. If he is sacked will the punishment fit the crime? I would argue that there would be so many people affected by the demise of Top Gear that the punishment would be totally way over the top.

What about the person who was allegedly punched? He would lose his job. So would many others. The BBC would lose a lot of revenue. I could go on.

One thing that would not be affected is Jeremy's earning power. The other television companies would be lining up to pay him considerably more than the BBC to head a new show.

So having considered the ramifications I think it is obvious Jeremy should keep his job.

Now those of you that don't like him need to get a humour bypass reversal operation sorted. The man is funny. If you don't think he is then there is something seriously wrong with your personality. Just because he is right wing shouldn't mean he is not funny. You lefties need to get a grip and stop judging people purely on their political point of view.

Those of you that do are pathetic in the extreme and need to get a grip.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 11, 2015, 11:05:39 pm by Iberian Red »
Look. Lets get one thing straight. If he has punched someone then that is not ideal behaviour. If he apologises to the person affected and his apology is accepted then that should be the end of the matter.

Those of you that want him sacked need to think things through a bit. If he is sacked will the punishment fit the crime? I would argue that there would be so many people affected by the demise of Top Gear that the punishment would be totally way over the top.

What about the person who was allegedly punched? He would lose his job. So would many others. The BBC would lose a lot of revenue. I could go on.

One thing that would not be affected is Jeremy's earning power. The other television companies would be lining up to pay him considerably more than the BBC to head a new show.

So having considered the ramifications I think it is obvious Jeremy should keep his job.

Now those of you that don't like him need to get a humour bypass reversal operation sorted. The man is funny. If you don't think he is then there is something seriously wrong with your personality. Just because he is right wing shouldn't mean he is not funny. You lefties need to get a grip and stop judging people purely on their political point of view.

Sorry pal, I didn't read any of that. Do you want to be second in the queue? You might have to kick him in the throat tho.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 11, 2015, 11:06:41 pm by Iberian Red »
Could you reach?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 12, 2015, 09:08:55 am by IDM »

Now I find top gear entertaining.  I think Clarkson can be funny - sometimes it isn't what he says or does, it is the fact that they are a bit risque that is funny in itself.  I take top gear as satirical light entertainment, and not a factual car show.  I noticed the un-subtle displays of Chilean flags in this series after the Argentina debacle.

Notwithstanding Clarkson's persona - I have no idea if he is a Kitson away from his job - if I or any of my colleagues punched one another AT WORK the person could be summarily dismissed for gross misconduct.  It matters not who the person is or what level of seniority or importance to the company - gross misconduct is gross misconduct.

Why should the BBC be any different to many employers in its disciplinary procedures?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 12, 2015, 10:21:58 am by IC1967 »

Now I find top gear entertaining.  I think Clarkson can be funny - sometimes it isn't what he says or does, it is the fact that they are a bit risque that is funny in itself.  I take top gear as satirical light entertainment, and not a factual car show.  I noticed the un-subtle displays of Chilean flags in this series after the Argentina debacle.

Notwithstanding Clarkson's persona - I have no idea if he is a Kitson away from his job - if I or any of my colleagues punched one another AT WORK the person could be summarily dismissed for gross misconduct.  It matters not who the person is or what level of seniority or importance to the company - gross misconduct is gross misconduct.

Why should the BBC be any different to many employers in its disciplinary procedures?

Because if they do sack him it will not be any kind of penalty to him. They will be cutting off their noses to spite their face. When a 'normal' employee gets sacked it usually results in severe financial hardship and great difficulty in getting another job. This does not apply to Clarkson. I bet the sales of his books and DVD's have gone up quite a lot since this fracas. Do you not think Sky would love to have him on their books presenting a similar show? Do you not think they would pay him a lot more than the BBC? Jeremy is such a top bloke that he has worked for the BBC for a long time now even though he knew he could earn a lot more money elsewhere.

The punishment should fit the crime. Sacking him is not going to punish him. Maybe they could fine him. I'm sure there are much better punishments that are appropriate to this unusual case that will not result in everyone else concerned being 'punished. You have to think of all the other people associated with Top Gear. The show would be finished without Jeremy. It would be the people associated with the show that would lose out including the bloke he allegedly punched. Jeremy would most definitely not lose out.

So let's think with our heads for a moment instead of our hearts. It is mainly lefties that are calling for his head just because they can't stand the way he takes the piss out of them. In fact they can't stand it if anyone takes a different world view to them. They need to grow up and get a sense of humour.

When someone is the main driver (pun intended) behind a show or business then sacking them is incredibly stupid as it is all the others that work for that show or business that suffers. Other punishments have to be find.

Lets hope the BBC sees sense and doesn't bow to all this leftie political correctness nonsense.

Serring

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 12, 2015, 12:03:51 pm by Serring »
It is mainly lefties that are calling for his head just because they can't stand the way he takes the piss out of them. In fact they can't stand it if anyone takes a different world view to them. They need to grow up and get a sense of humour.

When someone is the main driver (pun intended) behind a show or business then sacking them is incredibly stupid as it is all the others that work for that show or business that suffers. Other punishments have to be find.

Lets hope the BBC sees sense and doesn't bow to all this leftie political correctness nonsense.

You make some very valid points in your post about how this will affect others on the show.
I am intrigued however as to how you arrived at the bit I quote from you above.
What grounds do you have to support this?
As you ALWAYS answers questions (you say), then since this hit the headlines yesterday and the petition to re-instate Clarkson is around 1/2 million, then what is your source in supporting that over 50% of those asking for his head (in or outside the petition) are lefties?... please be specific.... or was this just your opinion?.

Also.... where has your "fact" come from that "the reason these lefties are calling for his head is that they can't stand the way he takes the p*ss out of them"? Have you actually asked the majority and this was their response or is this just an assumption of yours?

I'm just intrigued as,your post reads these to be factual.
I do agree that some actions taken against Clarkson will impact on others. This does not mean that he should be allowed to get away with gross misconduct.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 12, 2015, 12:07:35 pm by IDM »
No, I would expect the BBC to apply its disciplinary procedures regardless of who is involved.  If that means sacking Clarkson who then goes on to greater fortune elsewhere, so be it.  from the BBC's point of view they will have dealt with a miscreant appropriately, and in the same way as any other employee.

It's called Equal Opportunities, and it applies to ALL workplaces.  Nothing political or "leftie" about it.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 12, 2015, 12:35:38 pm by Muttley »
Clarkson is not employed by the BBC, so he can't be "sacked", fined or even disciplined. His company could however potentially have its contract terminated.

Presumably the BBC will not just screen a blank screen for an hour every Sunday night, so there will be other shows commissioned to fill the gap therefore there will be other opportunities for the production team to work one.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 12, 2015, 02:48:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Was there THIS much demand for John Prescott to be sacked following his attack on an demonstrator a few years back?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 12, 2015, 03:28:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

Was that the one where Prescott flew into a rage because he'd ordered a steak, only got a sarnie and t**tted someone as a result>

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 12, 2015, 03:42:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST

No, it was the time he gave a demonstrator a knuckle sarnie after he was egged on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012