Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:16:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again  (Read 54680 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again
« Reply #30 on March 12, 2015, 05:22:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Oh that one?

You mean the one where the due process of the law went straight into action, the police investigated the incident and decided that no action should be taken because he was acting in self-defence to an assault?

Is that the one you mean?

Only, I don't see any parallels whatsoever there. Maybe you can point them out to us?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:24:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 12, 2015, 06:43:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Ah! 'due process of the law'. What a pity some of us can only wait for that when it suits, and bugger the investigation!

I would bet my starboard knacker that you would have demanded Prescott's resignation had he been a Tory, and I would have had a double on you claiming this Clarkson incident were now't but a scuffle, done in private anyway, had he been someone you liked!

A typical example of selective judgment.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 12, 2015, 06:52:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
1) I guess you must have been on leave when I gave my opinion about Plebgate.
2) I assume you think that the half million people who have signed petitions asking for Clarkson NOT to be sacked should wait for due process? Funny how you're not complaining about them...
3) have a careful to see what my opinion of what should happen to Clarkson as a result of what he may or may not have done in response to not getting a steak on order. Let me know when you find it. [1]

A classic case of deciding what you think other people think and forming your judgement on that.

[1] For the record, I've always thought the Kitson was a Kitson. What he may have done this week makes no difference to my opinion of him. He's a Kitson.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 12, 2015, 07:06:37 pm by IC1967 »
It is mainly lefties that are calling for his head just because they can't stand the way he takes the piss out of them. In fact they can't stand it if anyone takes a different world view to them. They need to grow up and get a sense of humour.

When someone is the main driver (pun intended) behind a show or business then sacking them is incredibly stupid as it is all the others that work for that show or business that suffers. Other punishments have to be find.

Lets hope the BBC sees sense and doesn't bow to all this leftie political correctness nonsense.

You make some very valid points in your post about how this will affect others on the show.
I am intrigued however as to how you arrived at the bit I quote from you above.
What grounds do you have to support this?
As you ALWAYS answers questions (you say), then since this hit the headlines yesterday and the petition to re-instate Clarkson is around 1/2 million, then what is your source in supporting that over 50% of those asking for his head (in or outside the petition) are lefties?... please be specific.... or was this just your opinion?.

Also.... where has your "fact" come from that "the reason these lefties are calling for his head is that they can't stand the way he takes the p*ss out of them"? Have you actually asked the majority and this was their response or is this just an assumption of yours?

I'm just intrigued as,your post reads these to be factual.
I do agree that some actions taken against Clarkson will impact on others. This does not mean that he should be allowed to get away with gross misconduct.

I don't think he should be allowed to get away with gross misconduct either but sacking him is not the answer. We don't even know what he's supposed to have done yet but he has already been judged by the lefties.

Here are a few links to articles that prove that it is the lefties that want him out. This is common knowledge and I'm surprised you aren't aware of the situation.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/guido-fawkes-jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-presenter-legend-left-wing-pinkos-are-out-get-him-1491420

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/03/i-suspected-the-liberal-fascists-would-eventually-get-clarkson/

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/10/clarkson-should-do-the-decent-thing-and-resign
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:14:29 pm by IC1967 »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 12, 2015, 07:25:15 pm by wilts rover »
Of course it is only 'lefties' who are 'out to get' Clarkson. People of a right wing persuasion believe it is absolutely fine to thump lower class oiks in the face as they have always treated their servants that way...and will again once King Nigel takes over..

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 12, 2015, 07:31:35 pm by idler »
Anybody thinking that it's ok to throw eggs,paint or flour at people deserve all that they get.
The guy who got thumped by Prescott also decided to take no further action as he was embarrassed if I remember right.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 12, 2015, 07:51:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST

People don't want him sacked, because guilty or not they like him, and want to see him continue in his TV role. You appear to want him sacked, because irrespective of his innocence or guilt, he's a kitson, who you can't abide!

Your claim that his 'bullying of relatively weak sections of society', actually reminds me of how you treat some people on this forum, and it's made me wonder if your denial of the similarities force you to hate him!

'The FACT that  his humour is so f***ing unsophisticated that only retards find it funny', is an attack on not just Clarkson, but is a direct  insult to those on this forum who like his work.

Clarksonesque or what?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:17:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 12, 2015, 08:13:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Jimmy Savile's programmes were very popular too.

Just a thought.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 12, 2015, 08:32:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

*Applause*

You cottoned on to my ironic use of Clarksonesque humour.

See, there's something about bullying humour. It's only funny when some other poor Kitson is on the end of it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 09:49:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 12, 2015, 08:44:43 pm by IC1967 »
As someone who has been on the end of incessant leftie bullying on this forum I find it very ironic that lefties think it is OK to criticise right wingers for it. Talk about double standards.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 12, 2015, 09:53:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
As someone who has been on the end of incessant leftie bullying on this forum I find it very ironic that lefties think it is OK to criticise right wingers for it. Talk about double standards.

Really? When did anyone on here punch you?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 12, 2015, 11:18:37 pm by jucyberry »
I don't understand why this is an issue of left or right. I would have thought there is only one issue, that someone with a considerable amount of power in his place of work turned into a  little girl and threw a tantrum and allegedly a punch.

Unless we are talking about leftie or rightie hands doing the swinging?    :whistle:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 13, 2015, 01:04:19 am by River Don »
For a longtime now I've thought the best thing on Top Gear is James May.

Clarkson has a strange love hate relationship with Doncaster. He loves it's industrial heritage, he appears to hate the people who made it possible.

As for the fact that he appears to have smacked an underling in the face for failing to provide him with a steak supper.... Well, that is disgusting, the money has gone to his head and he has become a complete diva.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 13, 2015, 08:31:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
Clarkson's persona of political incorrectness obviously won't appeal to the PC brigade.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 13, 2015, 08:39:12 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Clarkson's persona of political incorrectness obviously won't appeal to the PC brigade.

So you believe he's deliberately being obnoxious as a persona?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 13, 2015, 09:14:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
I think  political incorrectness makes a very refreshing change from the boring 'look how nice I am' PC brigade, some of whom only  support it because they aren't brave enough to speak their minds, so instead take refuse in sitting in the 'aren't I nice', safe seat.

Only a member of the PC brigade would take it serious enough to call it obnoxious.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 13, 2015, 12:03:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Jimmy Savile's programmes were very popular too.

Just a thought.

And they still would be had Savile been guilty of no more than what Clarkson is accused of.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 13, 2015, 12:52:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
"PC"

Or, as we used to call it, "not being a Kitson".

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 13, 2015, 12:56:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
"PC"

Or, as we used to call it, "not being a Kitson".

Who's WE?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 13, 2015, 01:15:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

It's a simple issue to me.

Either you find someone making offensive "jokes" where the joke itself is not actually funny, but the deliberate choice of offensive terms is what actually makes people laugh, or you don't. That's what splits opinions on him.

Using derogatory racial terms AS the joke, not in part of a genuinely funny joke is clearly hilarious to some people. And not to others. You choose which side you are on.

I'll help you decide. If you had a cripplingly disabled child, would you find it amusing if a highly paid TV personality who is feted by millions of people got a cheap laugh by using the word "spasticker"?

Think about it. There's a principle at stake.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 13, 2015, 01:25:53 pm by Iberian Red »

Only a member of the PC brigade would take it serious enough to call it obnoxious.

Congratulations! You've managed to surpass previous levels of silliness in this thread.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 13, 2015, 01:42:08 pm by Rios »
Steve Coogan's piece on it is very good.  This is a man who not only knows what proper comedy is but has also had several characters who have straddled the PC line and is also a massive fan of Top Gear.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2011/feb/05/top-gear-offensive-steve-coogan

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 13, 2015, 01:50:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rios

Excellent article. That sums up PRECISELY what I about the Top Gear lads' humour

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 13, 2015, 01:54:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST

I've never said Clarkson was perfect, and I don't recall anybody else saying he was either. Neither has he himself as far as I'm aware. The only person trying to stake a claim of perfection in this debate (as usual) is you, along with one or two of your disciples. Perhaps it is they who you referred to as 'WE' in your previous post, considering that you've left me guessing because of yet another unanswered question.

Like I pointed out in a previous post, You want him sacking because you don't like him, irrespective of the result of an enquiry into this weeks incident. If it was someone you liked, your reaction would have been different.

It's a simple issue to me.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:56:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »

casperjebba

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 13, 2015, 02:01:27 pm by casperjebba »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 13, 2015, 02:23:47 pm by bobjimwilly »
I've never said Clarkson was perfect, and I don't recall anybody else saying he was either. Neither has he himself as far as I'm aware. The only person trying to stake a claim of perfection in this debate (as usual) is you, along with one or two of your disciples

:saywhat:

oh dear, now we can't agree with BST because otherwise we'll obviously be a disciple of his...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 13, 2015, 02:30:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Oh you can, you can!

As long as you don't call me a retard because I like what you dislike.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 13, 2015, 04:59:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

Yes. Of course I shouldn't have called you a retard just because of some trait of yours. Because that is unpleasant and bullying humour. And not very funny.

Point?

Because if that has established a principle, then by extension, Clarkson and his acolytes shouldn't be cracking jokes (sic) about indolent Mexicans, about "slopes" or about "niggers".

But they do, don't they? And people love them for it, because they are so edgy.

Point?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:11:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 13, 2015, 05:16:34 pm by coventryrover »
If he has assaulted someone at the workplace that is grounds for dismissal.  End of

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 13, 2015, 08:23:22 pm by IC1967 »
If he has assaulted someone at the workplace that is grounds for dismissal.  End of

It's not that simple. If he is sacked then Top Gear ceases to exists. This will cause hardship to all the people associated with the show. People will lose their jobs. The BBC will lose millions and have to pay out millions to other countries as they won't have fulfilled their contract to sell them a complete series.

The one person who won't suffer is Jeremy. He'll be snapped up by a rival broadcaster and paid much more than he currently is.

That's what will happen if anyone listens to lefie PC claptrap. How about this for a solution. Jeremy apologises to the person concerned and pays him £100,000 as compensation. If the person accepts his very generous offer everyone is happy. The BBC could even offer the affected person a job on another programme if this is what he wants. Jeremy could offer an abject apology to the world at the star of the next programme and offer to have his hands chopped off if he is ever involved in any more fisticuffs.

Sorted.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012