Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:48:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again  (Read 54679 times)

IC1967

• Forum Member
Re: Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again
« Reply #60 on March 13, 2015, 08:25:51 pm by IC1967 »
I must say my piss gets hotter with every condescending post I read from silly Billy. It's not just boiling it's positively steaming. Well done to BB for standing up to the arrogant, pompous oaf and his acolytes who can't think for themselves. Baa baa.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 13, 2015, 09:44:03 pm by coventryrover »
If he has assaulted someone at the workplace that is grounds for dismissal.  End of

It's not that simple. If he is sacked then Top Gear ceases to exists. This will cause hardship to all the people associated with the show. People will lose their jobs. The BBC will lose millions and have to pay out millions to other countries as they won't have fulfilled their contract to sell them a complete series.

The one person who won't suffer is Jeremy. He'll be snapped up by a rival broadcaster and paid much more than he currently is.

That's what will happen if anyone listens to lefie PC claptrap. How about this for a solution. Jeremy apologises to the person concerned and pays him £100,000 as compensation. If the person accepts his very generous offer everyone is happy. The BBC could even offer the affected person a job on another programme if this is what he wants. Jeremy could offer an abject apology to the world at the star of the next programme an

d offer to have his hands chopped off if he is ever involved in any more fisticuffs.

Sorted.

Its not pc claptrap.  If you assault a workmate yu lose your job. It's that black and white.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:49:48 pm by coventryrover »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 14, 2015, 01:14:44 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Clarkson is an overpaid idiot, who somehow with such little talent has managed to land a plum job, from what he says about Donny he is ashamed of coming from here.
Have you noticed how stars who supposedly love their home town, never live in it, as soon as the cash roles in it's straight to London?, there's more to life and this country than London.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 14, 2015, 01:26:24 am by IC1967 »
Clarkson is an overpaid idiot, who somehow with such little talent has managed to land a plum job, from what he says about Donny he is ashamed of coming from here.
Have you noticed how stars who supposedly love their home town, never live in it, as soon as the cash roles in it's straight to London?, there's more to life and this country than London.

Bit of a contradiction there don't you think. First you say he is ashamed of Doncaster then in the next breath say he loves his home town. Make your mind up.

Look. I've been to London. There is no doubt it is a much better place to live than Doncaster. I'm proud of my home town but when you walk around the town centre it fills you with despair. I'm a great people watcher and there are a lot of sad cases frequenting the town centre.

What the hell has the Labour council been doing to improve the place? As each year goes by the place just seems to be going further downhill.

I've been to Brighton. That is also a much better place to live. I wouldn't criticise someone for living down South. If you are a big media personality it is the obvious place to live. That's  where the work is.

So get a grip you lefties and come into the real world.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 14, 2015, 11:48:03 am by Filo »

Bit of a contradiction there don't you think. First you say he is ashamed of Doncaster then in the next breath say he loves his home town. Make your mind up.

Look. I've been to London. There is no doubt it is a much better place to live than Doncaster. I'm proud of my home town but when you walk around the town centre it fills you with despair. I'm a great people watcher and there are a lot of sad cases frequenting the town centre.

What the hell has the Labour council been doing to improve the place? As each year goes by the place just seems to be going further downhill.

I've been to Brighton. That is also a much better place to live. I wouldn't criticise someone for living down South. If you are a big media personality it is the obvious place to live. That's  where the work is.

So get a grip you lefties and come into the real world.

Well done for intrducing political spin into yet another thread, you're getting extremley tiresome and boring!

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 14, 2015, 12:58:20 pm by Lipsy »
If he has assaulted someone at the workplace that is grounds for dismissal.  End of

It's not that simple. If he is sacked then Top Gear ceases to exists. This will cause hardship to all the people associated with the show. People will lose their jobs. The BBC will lose millions and have to pay out millions to other countries as they won't have fulfilled their contract to sell them a complete series.

The one person who won't suffer is Jeremy. He'll be snapped up by a rival broadcaster and paid much more than he currently is.

That's what will happen if anyone listens to lefie PC claptrap. How about this for a solution. Jeremy apologises to the person concerned and pays him £100,000 as compensation. If the person accepts his very generous offer everyone is happy. The BBC could even offer the affected person a job on another programme if this is what he wants. Jeremy could offer an abject apology to the world at the star of the next programme and offer to have his hands chopped off if he is ever involved in any more fisticuffs.

Sorted.

Are you suggesting that the Beeb shouldn't sack him because he's too valuable? Really? That's insane, and it's pretty much why the Beeb has found itself in hot water because of Jimmy Savile. Every employee should have the right to work in a fair and reasonable environment, free from threats of violence and insults without any exception. The problem, as I see it, is that people like Clarkson are treated like royalty and expect that their every whims are attended to. I read an article the other day that said that the stars of Friends always drove themselves to work, whereas the 'talent' at the Beeb are chauffeured in (one 'star' refused to be driven in to work in a people carrier, apparently) - that's just madness. It would seem that Clarkson is nothing but a cretinous winker, paid beyond his wildest dreams and pampered to such an extent that he feels it's okay to speak to people in such a despicable manner (that much we do know; the fisticuffs are speculation). If any of us did that in the workplace environment (especially after getting a final warning for racism) then we'd almost certainly be sacked. The same should - and almost certainly - must apply to Clarkson IF he did anything like what has been reported.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 14, 2015, 01:12:51 pm by IC1967 »

That's what will happen if anyone listens to lefie PC claptrap. How about this for a solution. Jeremy apologises to the person concerned and pays him £100,000 as compensation. If the person accepts his very generous offer everyone is happy. The BBC could even offer the affected person a job on another programme if this is what he wants. Jeremy could offer an abject apology to the world at the star of the next programme and offer to have his hands chopped off if he is ever involved in any more fisticuffs.

Sorted.

Are you suggesting that the Beeb shouldn't sack him because he's too valuable? Really? That's insane, and it's pretty much why the Beeb has found itself in hot water because of Jimmy Savile. Every employee should have the right to work in a fair and reasonable environment, free from threats of violence and insults without any exception. The problem, as I see it, is that people like Clarkson are treated like royalty and expect that their every whims are attended to. I read an article the other day that said that the stars of Friends always drove themselves to work, whereas the 'talent' at the Beeb are chauffeured in (one 'star' refused to be driven in to work in a people carrier, apparently) - that's just madness. It would seem that Clarkson is nothing but a cretinous winker, paid beyond his wildest dreams and pampered to such an extent that he feels it's okay to speak to people in such a despicable manner (that much we do know; the fisticuffs are speculation). If any of us did that in the workplace environment (especially after getting a final warning for racism) then we'd almost certainly be sacked. The same should - and almost certainly - must apply to Clarkson IF he did anything like what has been reported.

Listen. I would bet you a lot of money that most people would accept £100,000 for a punch on the nose at work. They'd be queuing up to get punched.

You have to look at the big picture. Jeremy is not going to suffer by being sacked. He will benefit. He is already benefiting. I guarantee the sales of his books and DVDs are up more than usual since he became headline news. It is the others associated with the show that would suffer in particular the one that allegedly got punched and millions of viewers.

It's far too simplistic to say he should just be sacked. Not everything is black and white you know.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 14, 2015, 01:20:08 pm by Lipsy »
Yes it is. He's been racist on a number of occasions and now it would seem that he's threatened an employee (verbally and perhaps physically). If the Beeb doesn't stamp on this hard it's tantamount to them saying that its 'stars' can do and act as they please. It doesn't matter a jot that Clarkson might go on and prosper, but it matters a great deal that the BBC is seen to treat all of its employees equally.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 14, 2015, 01:51:22 pm by The Red Baron »
Might I point out to the Hon. Gentleman that Brighton has a Green Party council.

And by the way I carry no torch for the Greens .

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 14, 2015, 06:27:06 pm by Orlandokarla »
I'm struggling to see any grey areas in this case. The only "muddying of the water, " so to speak, is that his supporters seem to think that the only people who want him to be fired, are doing so only because they hate him.

Like him or hate him, if the rumours are true, he should be fired.

It reminds me of the whole Martha Stewart BS. Being a popular celebrity and/or rich shouldn't exempt you from the law, no matter how much you can afford to pay the individual or the state in recompense.

Mick, if a Royal had done something similar to what has been alleged, you'd be calling for their head, preaching about how they shouldn't be protected by privilege etc. I've little doubt that had they subsequently walked away after paying off the victim with a hundred grand, your piss would be boiling right about now.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on March 14, 2015, 07:06:37 pm by IC1967 »
I'm struggling to see any grey areas in this case. The only "muddying of the water, " so to speak, is that his supporters seem to think that the only people who want him to be fired, are doing so only because they hate him.

Like him or hate him, if the rumours are true, he should be fired.

It reminds me of the whole Martha Stewart BS. Being a popular celebrity and/or rich shouldn't exempt you from the law, no matter how much you can afford to pay the individual or the state in recompense.

Mick, if a Royal had done something similar to what has been alleged, you'd be calling for their head, preaching about how they shouldn't be protected by privilege etc. I've little doubt that had they subsequently walked away after paying off the victim with a hundred grand, your piss would be boiling right about now.

Look. It patently isn't black and white. The only punishment the anti Jeremy brigade can come up with is for him to be sacked. This is not a punishment. In fact it is the opposite.

If he's done what is being alleged then he should be punished. He shouldn't benefit from the fracas. I can't believe all you Jeremy haters don't want him to be punished. Well I can actually.

You want the people who like Jeremy to be punished. That is the top and bottom of it. The tenor of silly Billy's posts and his followers is that they hate Jeremy so anyone that likes Jeremy must be hated and ridiculed too.

Get a grip ffs. Learn to think outside the box. Fining him £100,000 will be far more of a punishment than sacking him. If he wants to come and punch me he is welcome to (as long as he gives me £100,000).

As for the royals. If they punched a producer of a documentary on one of them they would not be sacked. How can you sack one of them? An appropriate punishment would have to be found. If it was up to me they would have the offending fist chopped off. I'd be quite happy to administer such a punishment.

Prince Andrew has been embroiled in a case where he is alleged to have had sex with an under age girl. A similar punishment should be administered where he would have his todger chopped off. That would stop him doing it again the dirty bas**rd.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 15, 2015, 12:41:13 pm by Lipsy »
You are a very silly man (I assume you are male, though I'm not sure anyone of the male persuasion would suggest that chap removal was a reasonable punishment for any crime). Anyways, you have now suggested that Clarkson should be fined, which - if you thought inside or outside of any box - is tantamount to saying that anyone can do anything as long as they can afford to pay (in cash) for the consequences. Wonderful logic and reasoning, that.

As has been said, it's not actually about liking or disliking the old dinosaur; it's about the fact that if he's guilty of the allegations then he should be punished in the exact same way that anyone who works at or for the Beeb would be. It's a very simple train of thought/logic.

If he does get the boot, would Sky, ITV or Ch4 really want to take him on? Sure, all three of the Top Gear guffers' contracts are up for renewal in a few days' time (which makes me wonder if this is just another calculated stunt of JC's to get himself and his mates a new gig), but you have to wonder IF other channels would have him and pay him the money whilst supporting financially a programme of Top Gear's ilk. Sure, TG makes a lot of money overseas, but it costs arms and legs and sells well because it's a BBC programme as well as being fronted by JC. Again, think it through if you can...

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 15, 2015, 01:20:13 pm by IC1967 »
You are a very silly man (I assume you are male, though I'm not sure anyone of the male persuasion would suggest that chap removal was a reasonable punishment for any crime). Anyways, you have now suggested that Clarkson should be fined, which - if you thought inside or outside of any box - is tantamount to saying that anyone can do anything as long as they can afford to pay (in cash) for the consequences. Wonderful logic and reasoning, that.

As has been said, it's not actually about liking or disliking the old dinosaur; it's about the fact that if he's guilty of the allegations then he should be punished in the exact same way that anyone who works at or for the Beeb would be. It's a very simple train of thought/logic.

If he does get the boot, would Sky, ITV or Ch4 really want to take him on? Sure, all three of the Top Gear guffers' contracts are up for renewal in a few days' time (which makes me wonder if this is just another calculated stunt of JC's to get himself and his mates a new gig), but you have to wonder IF other channels would have him and pay him the money whilst supporting financially a programme of Top Gear's ilk. Sure, TG makes a lot of money overseas, but it costs arms and legs and sells well because it's a BBC programme as well as being fronted by JC. Again, think it through if you can...

Look. We'll just have to disagree. You want him to benefit from the fracas. I don't. You want the producer to lose his job. I don't. You begrudge the producer getting £100,000. I don't. You want everyone associated with the programme to lose their jobs. I don't. You want hundreds of millions of people to be disappointed that Top Gear is no longer available to them. I don't. You want the BBC to lose millions. I don't. I could go on.

Hopefully by now you have started to realise just how ridiculous your black and white world view is

As far as todger removal goes, I think it would be a very effective deterrent to paedophiles. I'm not suggesting they shouldn't have anaesthetic before removal. They don't deserve it but I wouldn't go that far. Do you think we'd have had so many Asian grooming scandals if they knew what the punishment would be? I can tell you. There wouldn't be any. Todger removal is a small price to pay for the protection of our girls.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 15, 2015, 01:57:00 pm by Lipsy »
That's an awful lot of presumptions there. I actually don't want anything. All I think is that all people who work for a company - regardless of what they are paid/or what revenue they generate - should be treated equally. Your thinking suggests that rich folk should be able to get away with whatever they want. I totally disagree with you because that kind of logic makes no sense to me whatsoever.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 15, 2015, 02:16:48 pm by IC1967 »
That's an awful lot of presumptions there. I actually don't want anything. All I think is that all people who work for a company - regardless of what they are paid/or what revenue they generate - should be treated equally. Your thinking suggests that rich folk should be able to get away with whatever they want. I totally disagree with you because that kind of logic makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Excuse me. Show me one presumption. You are being simplistic in the extreme. Having one law for everyone is not workable. The law and life are unfair.

Let me give you an example. If I break the speed limit I get fined say £60. Say I'm on £80,000 a year. Where is the fairness when a billionaire gets exactly the same £60 fine? See. Life isn't as simple as you make out.

Jeremy is fabulously wealthy. Losing his job will make him even more wealthy. It will make everyone else associated with the show poorer. You call that justice? Give me a break.

Look. It's very simple. Take off those rose tinted glasses and come into the real world like the rest of us (certain lefties excluded). If he's done what is suggested he should be punished. Hitting him in the wallet is the best punishment.

You obviously don't know that it was Jeremy that confessed to the incident to a bigwig at the BBC. The producer hadn't complained. Purely for this act of contrition and bravery Jeremy is to be commended. What a top bloke. He makes me proud to be a Doncastrian.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 15, 2015, 02:40:03 pm by Lipsy »
Presumptions:

"You want him to benefit from the fracas. I don't. You want the producer to lose his job. I don't. You begrudge the producer getting £100,000. I don't. You want everyone associated with the programme to lose their jobs. I don't. You want hundreds of millions of people to be disappointed that Top Gear is no longer available to them. I don't. You want the BBC to lose millions. I don't. I could go on."

Also this: "You obviously don't know that it was Jeremy that confessed to the incident to a bigwig at the BBC. The producer hadn't complained."
I knew this. I read the news and things.

Anyroad, your trolling and boneheadedness tire me. I think I shall go and talk to some adults.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on March 15, 2015, 02:41:44 pm by Filo »
Why do people respond to an idiot and a WUM?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on March 15, 2015, 03:45:55 pm by IC1967 »
Why do people respond to an idiot and a WUM?

I'll respond to Lipsy if I want to thank you very much.

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 15, 2015, 04:20:47 pm by Orlandokarla »

Firstly, I have not offered my opinion on Clarkson. I have little opinion of the show, beyond the fact that I don't recall ever having watched it, nor feeling inclined to ever do so.

Secondly, ... You're just being silly now.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 15, 2015, 05:44:16 pm by IC1967 »

Firstly, I have not offered my opinion on Clarkson. I have little opinion of the show, beyond the fact that I don't recall ever having watched it, nor feeling inclined to ever do so.

Secondly, ... You're just being silly now.

Look. Stop ganging up on Lipsy. If you want to have a go at someone have a go at me instead.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on March 15, 2015, 07:42:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I see Mick hasn't got the wit to come up with an original routine. It must be harder to Google for one than I thought.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 15, 2015, 10:38:02 pm by bobjimwilly »
You obviously don't know that it was Jeremy that confessed to the incident to a bigwig at the BBC. The producer hadn't complained. Purely for this act of contrition and bravery Jeremy is to be commended. What a top bloke. He makes me proud to be a Doncastrian.

first class trolling. bravo.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 16, 2015, 11:39:16 am by IC1967 »

Look. I'll have one more go at trying to convince you Jeremy haters that he shouldn't be sacked. Stop for one moment and think about the guy who was allegedly punched. He should be your prime concern. Do you think he wants Jeremy sacked? No he doesn't. Does this count for anything? Probably not with you Jeremy haters but it should. You don't seem to care what the fallout is as long as Jeremy gets his marching orders. How simplistic and silly.

The producer now fears losing his career. He is now the most hated man in Britain. He is persona non gratis. He is now living his life under unbearable pressure. I wouldn't be surprised if he commits suicide. Is that what you Jeremy haters want? Get a grip ffs.

The producer was mortified when the story went public. He had no intention of making a fuss over the incident. He was quite happy to make it up with Jeremy and carry on making Top Gear. Now due to the furore you Jeremy haters have caused his life is in tatters.

Stop and think for a minute. Rugby players quite regularly punch each other, gouge eyes, etc. What happens after the end of the match? They shake hands and move on.

That's what should happen with this case. Jeremy and the producer should make up (they probably already have) and we should all move on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2995591/Producer-centre-Jeremy-Clarkson-fracas-fears-row-cost-career-emerges-Gear-host-personally-apologised-BBC-boss.htm

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on March 16, 2015, 11:49:55 am by Filo »

Look. I'll have one more go at trying to convince you Jeremy haters that he shouldn't be sacked. Stop for one moment and think about the guy who was allegedly punched. He should be your prime concern. Do you think he wants Jeremy sacked? No he doesn't. Does this count for anything? Probably not with you Jeremy haters but it should. You don't seem to care what the fallout is as long as Jeremy gets his marching orders. How simplistic and silly.

The producer now fears losing his career. He is now the most hated man in Britain. He is persona non gratis. He is now living his life under unbearable pressure. I wouldn't be surprised if he commits suicide. Is that what you Jeremy haters want? Get a grip ffs.

The producer was mortified when the story went public. He had no intention of making a fuss over the incident. He was quite happy to make it up with Jeremy and carry on making Top Gear. Now due to the furore you Jeremy haters have caused his life is in tatters.

Stop and think for a minute. Rugby players quite regularly punch each other, gouge eyes, etc. What happens after the end of the match? They shake hands and move on.

That's what should happen with this case. Jeremy and the producer should make up (they probably already have) and we should all move on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2995591/Producer-centre-Jeremy-Clarkson-fracas-fears-row-cost-career-emerges-Gear-host-personally-apologised-BBC-boss.htm

If he had no intention of reporting it why did Clarkson report it?

I'll tell you why, it was a pre emptive strike, he was getting his story in first to cover his back

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 16, 2015, 11:57:01 am by IC1967 »
He reported it because he is an honourable man. He knew he'd done wrong (allegedly) and he wanted to fess up and apologise at the earliest opportunity.

I think you'll find he has not covered his back by taking this honourable action. Just the opposite in fact.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 16, 2015, 01:38:13 pm by Lipsy »
Whether he is an honorable man, a racist, a bigot or a Chelsea fan IS NOT the issue. Whether we like him or not is also NOT the issue.

The issue is that he has abused a work colleague verbally and (possibly) physically. Pretty much everyone - regardless of their feelings towards the guy - agrees that the event should be investigated and actions should be taken according to findings.

That's it. Nothing else.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on March 16, 2015, 02:01:43 pm by jucyberry »
Hah. Honourable man my arse. honourable men don't go round lashing out.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 16, 2015, 03:15:39 pm by IC1967 »
Whether he is an honorable man, a racist, a bigot or a Chelsea fan IS NOT the issue. Whether we like him or not is also NOT the issue.

The issue is that he has abused a work colleague verbally and (possibly) physically. Pretty much everyone - regardless of their feelings towards the guy - agrees that the event should be investigated and actions should be taken according to findings.

That's it. Nothing else.

An insider has told me that there was a full on row for 40 minutes. Heated words were exchanged on both sides. Jeremy punched the producer and split his lip. Now I don't condone what Jeremy did but it would seem there was a bit of provocation from the producer. After a long hard tiring day and a cold meal on offer, Jeremy lost it. He wanted a hot meal. Perfectly understandable. He was very hangry.

After the fracas they both apologised to each other and parted on good terms. Jeremy being the honourable man that he is, fessed up because it was the right thing to do. He expected to be punished. He didn't want the producer and all those associated with the programme to lose their jobs so he hoped the incident would not become public knowledge. The producer also wanted the incident kept quiet.

Unfortunately a left winger at the BBC got wind of what had happened and made it public knowledge and since then all hell has broken loose.

Now at least you are coming around to my point of view. You are not now demanding he should be sacked. I totally agree with you. He should be punished, but the punishment should fit the crime. Sacking him is not an appropriate response because of the ramifications it would have for  millions of people worldwide, not least the producer.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 16, 2015, 03:29:28 pm by Lipsy »
I haven't changed my mind or come around to anyone's thinking. This is what I said, and this still remains:

If any of us did that in the workplace environment (especially after getting a final warning for racism) then we'd almost certainly be sacked. The same should - and almost certainly - must apply to Clarkson IF he did anything like what has been reported.

If his last final warning is current and his recent actions are deemed to have been an act of gross misconduct then JC will have to be sacked. Sadly, that's the way it is, but none of us know the full facts as they have yet to be determined.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on March 16, 2015, 11:14:58 pm by wilts rover »
Mick, just to put your mind at rest:

Speaking in response to Oisin’s fears for his career, a BBC source said: “We would hope he will continue to be employed by the BBC after this matter is resolved – we make many different shows which need producers.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-producer-5336934

Seems like your inside source needs to get more up-to-date....or read more newspapers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012