Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:23:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

GE 2019

Conservatives
21 (24.7%)
Labour
36 (42.4%)
Lib Dems
4 (4.7%)
Brexit Party
12 (14.1%)
UKIP
1 (1.2%)
Green
7 (8.2%)
Other
4 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: General Election 2019 - 12th December  (Read 73839 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: General Election 2019 - 12th December
« Reply #60 on October 30, 2019, 01:42:26 pm by wing commander »
   Tactical voting??? Already it sounds like Labour supporters are clutching at whispy straws while accepting they are incapable of winning a general election on their own support from the electorate.What does that tell you about the Labour party.???

I dont care what colour tie Corbyn wears the simple fact is that the majority of this country dont trust him to run anything never mind a country.Polls are often wrong but even the most committed of Labour supporters cant argue the fact that his party's support and his popularity with the people he needs to get elected is simply no there.

I believe Labour are going to get absolutely creamed in this election and Johnston will have a decent working majority at the end of it.And if that happens theres no point moaning about it on here.The Labour party will have only its self to blame for not having the minerals to change the leadership and some of the front bench while they still had chance to do it...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on October 30, 2019, 02:13:34 pm by IDM »
You could argue the same for the Tories.. get rid of that clown they call the PM and they may get more support..

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on October 30, 2019, 02:22:06 pm by bpoolrover »
Unlikely thou idm as for some reason he seems very popular

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on October 30, 2019, 02:38:49 pm by wing commander »
I'm no Boris fan IDM but reality his whatever you think of him,his support in every poll since he came in has held up were as Corbyn's has retreated from a already low level.

I actually believe thats due to Brexit,people believe he has actually tried to sort it out and a lot are not happy with how Labour have fudged their position from day one..

Our cleaner is 68 years old and from the heart of Doncasters mining area,she has voted Labour all her life and her words to me today were that although she could never vote Tory there was no way she could vote for Labour as her mp had betrayed the vote and had betrayed her,so she's staying at home..That wont matter in her area as its a safe seat but i believe it will in the marginals..

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 30, 2019, 02:57:04 pm by tommy toes »
Your cleaner is still cleaning at 68 eh?
She's got a lot to thank the Tories for.
It's their disgusting Austerity policies that led to people like her being disenfranchised and having the opportunity to blame the EU thanks to the extremely clever right wing Tory lies before the referendum.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 30, 2019, 03:17:35 pm by wing commander »
  Jumping to a few conclusions there Tommy..I know this is going to wee on your presumptuous bonfire a little bit but she does it for the social interaction and to keep herself and her mind busy for a couple of hours rather than sit at home alone everyday..Not because she needs too..But hey dont let that stop you from a good fairy tale eh

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 30, 2019, 03:25:37 pm by tommy toes »
Ask her why she voted to leave.
Then come back and truthfully tell us what she says.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 03:28:44 pm by tommy toes »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 30, 2019, 03:39:20 pm by wing commander »
  I don't need to ask her as I already know as we discussed it at the time..Her brother was robbed and beaten up badly to the point he died shortly after by a pair of Romanian guys so her reason was solely down to immigration..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on October 30, 2019, 04:41:04 pm by IDM »
That is itself is a tragedy and a terrible crime.

It doesn’t mean that all immigrants are bad though.  That doesn’t make it any easier for her, of course.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on October 30, 2019, 06:14:58 pm by selby »
 Billy, don't come on here that much , your on.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on October 30, 2019, 06:24:36 pm by albie »
On tactical voting, the important point is whether the seat is within range. If you are in one of the target marginals, vote for the most likely challenger.

Here are the Labour target marginals;
http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/labour

There are lots of sites encouraging people to vote "tactically" for candidates who have no chance of winning.
Explained here:
https://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.com/2019/10/beware-of-dodgy-tactical-voting-sites.html

Beware snake oil salesmen!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on October 30, 2019, 06:26:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
My grandad was knocked down by a hit and run driver in Denaby. Broke his leg. He died 4 months later.

Never dawned on me to base my entire opinion of folk from Denaby in that example.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 30, 2019, 06:29:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
On tactical voting, the important point is whether the seat is within range. If you are in one of the target marginals, vote for the most likely challenger.

Here are the Labour target marginals;
http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/labour

There are lots of sites encouraging people to vote "tactically" for candidates who have no chance of winning.
Explained here:
https://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.com/2019/10/beware-of-dodgy-tactical-voting-sites.html

Beware snake oil salesmen!

Who'd have thought it? Tactical voting is a difficult one to call and there may be folk lifting folks shirts?

The opposition parties have had a year to form a Popular Front against Johnson-ism and they have spent more time sniping at each other instead. Now, it's looking like the only realistic way of preventing a Johnson majority is for their supporters to somehow do the impossible and figure out which anti-Johnson candidates are best placed, in a political environment in which there has been massive churn in support.

Good luck with that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on October 30, 2019, 07:03:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, Tory MPs showing their true colours at PMQ

Corbyn turns up wearing a green tie as a tribute to the Grenfell Towers victims (green is the adopted colour of Grenfell campaigners and today there has been a minute's silence in Parliament in memory of Grenfell.)

A whole bunch of Tory MPs make jokes and laugh about Corbyn's fashion sense.

They are simply beneath f**king contempt. Arrogant, disconnected, entitled, uncaring Kitsons.

By the way. This was Johnson's attitude as London Mayor when he was questioned about cutting funding to the Fire Service just before Grenfell.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItsLouisVI/status/1139524864266637313

You want a showman to lead you? Grand. Vote for Boris.

It comes with consequences.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 07:08:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 30, 2019, 07:52:16 pm by bpoolrover »
My grandad was knocked down by a hit and run driver in Denaby. Broke his leg. He died 4 months later.

Never dawned on me to base my entire opinion of folk from Denaby in that example.
she will see it rightly or wrongly that if they were not hear he would still be alive, I’m sure many people would feel the same way it’s not always possible to think with a clear mind when angry and grieving

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on October 30, 2019, 07:59:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Considering Brexit is by far the biggest issue of the General Election, Who's track record do you trust?

https://youtu.be/mHZFICg6EIE

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on October 30, 2019, 08:13:01 pm by bpoolrover »
It’s all lies bb none of them actually meant it

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on October 30, 2019, 08:44:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Lies and changing your mind are two different things. Like Boris was saying a couple months before the Brexit vote that he thinks we should stay in.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on October 30, 2019, 08:57:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Boris might have changed his mind.

That's not lying, that's changing his mind.

Those in that compilation said that leave means leave and there was no going back on the result of the vote.

That's not changing their minds, That is lying.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on October 30, 2019, 09:00:05 pm by wilts rover »
Considering Brexit is by far the biggest issue of the General Election, Who's track record do you trust?

54% of all voters say what parties plan to do on climate change will influence how they will vote

https://twitter.com/ClientEarth/status/1189454671246778368

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on October 30, 2019, 09:00:19 pm by IDM »

Lies and changing your mind are two different things. Like Boris was saying a couple months before the Brexit vote that he thinks we should stay in.

Or that we would leave by 31 Oct.

Or whatever he said to the queen when proroguing parliament..

etc etc etc

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on October 30, 2019, 09:01:47 pm by IDM »
Don't forget folks...

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on October 30, 2019, 09:04:32 pm by SydneyRover »

54% of all voters say what parties plan to do on climate change will influence how they will vote

https://twitter.com/ClientEarth/status/1189454671246778368

so Brexit if you want to exit the planet?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on October 30, 2019, 09:06:44 pm by scawsby steve »

So the question is, are they liars, or just f*cking stupid? Either way, are any of them trustworthy?

No.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on October 30, 2019, 09:09:55 pm by wilts rover »
Boris might have changed his mind.

That's not lying, that's changing his mind.

Those in that compilation said that leave means leave and there was no going back on the result of the vote.

That's not changing their minds, That is lying.

Johnson said that no British prime minister could agree a Brexit deal that had different customs arrangements for NI & the rest of the UK. As prime minister he agreed just this.

Johnson said that May's deal turned the UK into a vassal state and should be chucked. He then voted for it

Johnson said we would be leaving the EU on 31st October, 'come what may' 'no ifs no buts' or he would be dead in a ditch. We are not leaving the EU on 31st October and all available ditches will be empty on that day

Johnson said that he would lie down in front of the bulldozers to stop the expansion of Heathrow airport. He missed the vote on it

Changes his mind a lot after he has made commitments to the public on important issues this Johnson bloke.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on October 30, 2019, 09:13:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Johnson has been stopped from fulfilling his promises because of the liars in this compilation.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on October 30, 2019, 09:14:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »
So how will the tactical voting go in Doncaster to ensure no more Milliband?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on October 30, 2019, 09:22:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

she will see it rightly or wrongly that if they were not hear he would still be alive, I’m sure many people would feel the same way it’s not always possible to think with a clear mind when angry and grieving

See, I could have thought, while grieving, that if everyone from the 20 acre estate in Denaby were not here, my grandad would have been knocked down.

But then I knew some grand folk from the 20 acre. And it would have been stupid to blame all of them for what one Kitson from there did.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on October 30, 2019, 09:27:13 pm by drfchound »
Someone on here a few weeks ago suggested that the only way that we could prevent Labour winning Doncaster would be for the Brexit Party to put a Candidate forward.
That would still require a massive switch in voters changing over to them.
In my case, in the referendum I voted to remain so I couldn’t vote for the Brexit Party and I guess that would apply to lots of people.
The way I see it is that if I vote a Labour I just increase their winning margin by one.
If I vote for some other party I just reduce the Labour Party win by one vote.
There is no way that Labour won’t win in Doncaster.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on October 30, 2019, 09:35:35 pm by Filo »
So how will the tactical voting go in Doncaster to ensure no more Milliband?

Not gonna happen

TinyPortal © 2005-2012