Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:12:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 65513 times)

northbayviking

• Forum Member
Re:Introduce Yourself
« Reply #60 on June 01, 2009, 08:26:58 am by northbayviking »
Hey Up,
Bernard here, Donny born and bred, and until recently worked at Wabtec (plant works) now retired in Scarborough (hence northbayviking) round trip 160 miles for every home game for me and my wife Kath - but well worth it. (in car radio Sheffield runs out at Middleton on the wolds just as SOD is about to whisper somethink:huh:
first game 1957 v Swansea Town
Best player King Alick, followed by Colin Booth, Laurie Sheffield, Kitch, Snods,Macca and most of the current squad!
Big buddies with Sha66y, RoversDave and Rovgers plus lots of others on here that I dont know their true identities!
RTID and lets hope thats a long way off!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LuckyGirl

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 01, 2009, 01:26:51 pm by LuckyGirl »
Newbie who got a christmas present to see home game against Burnley.
Fell in love with everything (oops - sorry too girly)
2 fanzine articles to my credit (March & April)
Hoping we might make the new season (darn credit crunch!!)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 01, 2009, 01:41:07 pm by Mike_F »
I'm Mike and I'm not the messiah, I'm a very naughty boy.

Don't believe everything Jonathan says about his \"young life\", he's a couple of months older than me and I'm certainly not young anymore! I am absolutely loving the massive progress this club has made over the last ten years and I'm as proud as I've ever been to say I support Doncaster Rovers.

I was a bit of a latecomer to the Rovers, not getting to my first match until I was 12. A dreary nil-nil draw at home to Shrewsbury was enough to get me hooked for life!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 01, 2009, 01:52:16 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I'm Martyn 42 years old, attended my first game in 1970. Live in Highgate (Dearne Valley), work mainly in Derby and Mark your wi-fit age must be at least 141:P .

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 01, 2009, 01:54:53 pm by BLIR »
Well, looks like I'm a late comer to this site?

BLIR - Big Lad in Rosso, whatever (or Neil sometimes)

Fairly frequent poster on the old site (irrelevant b*llocks mainly), as I was on Yaurs.

As soon as I get my head round the new format (and it stops being so nice outside) I'll be back into the swing of it - although off to the TT in the Isle of Man on Wednesday so won't be posting much for a while!

Originally a scouser (born in same hospital as Steven Gerrard, Peter Reid and he fat lezza out of the spice girls) have been in Donny since '95 and have been following the Rovers (as a ST holder for the last 7 years) since around then.

Spotted that most of the posters from the old site have made the transition to here, good to see you all and the new faces too!

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 01, 2009, 01:56:02 pm by BLIR »
DearneValleyRover wrote:
I'm Martyn 42 years old, attended my first game in 1970. Live in Highgate (Dearne Valley), work mainly in Derby and Mark your wi-fit age must be at least 141:P .

Too true Martyn, if Mark's that age I'm 12:lol:

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 01, 2009, 02:30:43 pm by bradford exile »
:) Hi....I'm Ray

Born in Thurnscoe 21 Jan 1944

Lived in Bradford for the last 42 years.

Followed Rovers since 1964/65. First match was agains Brighton I think, remember we were 2-0 down after 1st half but came out 2nd half and got a 2-2 draw.

Favourite player King Alec without a doubt although I wish I had seen him before his two broken legs, I bet he was a titan.

Other sports, Crown Green Bowls although haven't played in a league for many years, likewise Table Tennis. Played in a team that won div 11, div 8, div 6 in succesive years in the Bradford league and were mid table div 4 when the club folded due to lack of playing facilities.

Currently send reports to many Rovers fans all over the world, and am willing to send to anyone else who so wishes.

This has to be the best time in 50 years to be a Rovers fan.

Best game: Reading at home we won 7-5 and my Daughter was mascot of the day. What a fabulous day that was.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 01, 2009, 02:54:32 pm by redbrez »
born in wheatly,live in cusworth or is it scawsby? 37 years young try to be funny but fail, and live and breathe rovers and obssesed with anything to do with rovers sad hey.highlight of using this forum made some great friends esspeciaaly nudga . stop it now you big girls blouse :cheer:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 01, 2009, 02:58:22 pm by DearneValleyRover »
BLIR wrote:
DearneValleyRover wrote:

Glad to see you made it Neil, didn't see you leave Sandhil the other week hope the kids had a good time, oh and i'm about 15 aswell:lol:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 01, 2009, 03:01:00 pm by DearneValleyRover »
bradford exile wrote:
:) Hi....I'm Ray

Born in Thurnscoe 21 Jan 1944

Lived in Bradford for the last 42 years.

Followed Rovers since 1964/65. First match was agains Brighton I think, remember we were 2-0 down after 1st half but came out 2nd half and got a 2-2 draw.

Favourite player King Alec without a doubt although I wish I had seen him before his two broken legs, I bet he was a titan.

Other sports, Crown Green Bowls although haven't played in a league for many years, likewise Table Tennis. Played in a team that won div 11, div 8, div 6 in succesive years in the Bradford league and were mid table div 4 when the club folded due to lack of playing facilities.

Currently send reports to many Rovers fans all over the world, and am willing to send to anyone else who so wishes.

This has to be the best time in 50 years to be a Rovers fan.

Best game: Reading at home we won 7-5 and my Daughter was mascot of the day. What a fabulous day that was.

I was born and raised there to, a top-ender.

bessacarrover

« Reply #70 on June 01, 2009, 03:08:42 pm by bessacarrover »
hi im gemma

i live and come from donny

im the only girl at my skwl that supports doncaster rovers but that turns to good banter

also all my family support rovers including my uncle,cousin,brother and dad

RTID

Mark DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 01, 2009, 03:08:48 pm by Mark DRFC »
BLIR wrote:
DearneValleyRover wrote:

Its good to know who your mates are isn't it ;)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 01, 2009, 03:10:35 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Mark DRFC wrote:
BLIR wrote:
DearneValleyRover wrote:

Its good to know who your mates are isn't it ;)

It's your mates who tell the truth fella;)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 01, 2009, 03:12:23 pm by Mike_F »
bessacarrover wrote:
hi im gemma

i live and come from donny

im the only girl at my skwl that supports doncaster rovers but that turns to good banter

also all my family support rovers including my uncle,cousin,brother and dad

RTID

What skwl is that and why are the English department on strike?

bessacarrover

« Reply #74 on June 01, 2009, 03:16:36 pm by bessacarrover »
read near drax/selby there always on strike lol

Mark DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 01, 2009, 03:17:34 pm by Mark DRFC »
Point taken,

Moved seats for next season, still in SW up onto row E now isle seats again but at least i wont have view obstructed by people going for a walk!!!

You lot staying where you are?

macka

« Reply #76 on June 01, 2009, 03:18:46 pm by macka »
hi i'm luke

i'm 17

i live in doncaster

i'm a student

i got my season ticket last tuesday

my first rovers game was against forest green rovers where we won 1 nil

bessacarrover

« Reply #77 on June 01, 2009, 03:20:38 pm by bessacarrover »
hi mark i am staying were i am for the last 2 seasons

Mark DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 01, 2009, 03:29:02 pm by Mark DRFC »
sorry bessacarr, im used to the reply going directly under the post i was replying too,

But good to know also :)

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on June 01, 2009, 03:32:36 pm by Superspy »
Hi everyone, my name's Kyle, lived in Donny all my life, moved from Woodlands to Scawsby when I was 12, still their now at 22 :)

Used to go to a few games with my dad at Belle Vue when I was really young, but stopped going when I stopped enjoying it to be brutal. Was also a Newcastle fan as a youngster.

Started going again when the Keepmoat was opened and thoroughly enjoy it now that we have some decent facilities, it might not be terraced and all the rest of it to please you die hards, but I like the fact I don't have to p*ss in a porta-loo! :D

Managed to get to 20 of the 23 home games last season, and 5 away games I think, I was fortunate that I didn't have to book many off work, but I've recently changed jobs and don't think I'm going to be able to get to as many this season, shame :(

My dad still has the programme from my first Rovers game, against Hull  on the 8th of March 1997, apparently it was a crap game. lol.

bessacarrover

« Reply #80 on June 01, 2009, 03:33:45 pm by bessacarrover »
its ok mark but i wasnt quick enough relpying

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 01, 2009, 03:49:14 pm by bradford exile »
Hi Dearnerover

I was born in Saxon Street (no28) but moved down to Houghton Road when I was about 6. Moved back to Windsor Street when I was 11.

Remember well if you lived at \"top end\" you supported Donny.

If you were unlucky enough to live at \"bottom end\" you supported another set of so & so's.

Regards

Ray

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on June 01, 2009, 09:07:22 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Mark DRFC wrote:
Point taken,

Moved seats for next season, still in SW up onto row E now isle seats again but at least i wont have view obstructed by people going for a walk!!!

You lot staying where you are?

Yes mate, I will ensure I go on walkies so you don't miss the obstructions :silly:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on June 01, 2009, 09:11:31 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Born on Deightonby but lived on King's street then moved to Garden Street when I was 11. I've lived in Nottingham and Derby since but have moved back home.
At school if I remember correctly there were only 3 Rovers fans, most were Owls and Dingles.

All the Best,

Martyn
bradford exile wrote:
Hi Dearnerover

I was born in Saxon Street (no28) but moved down to Houghton Road when I was about 6. Moved back to Windsor Street when I was 11.

Remember well if you lived at \"top end\" you supported Donny.

If you were unlucky enough to live at \"bottom end\" you supported another set of so & so's.

Regards

Ray

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 01, 2009, 09:12:33 pm by coventryrover »
Hi guys  my name is Duncan.  I am 34 and originally from Thorne.  Got sent to Coventy for 15 years but now up just north of Leeds.

I am the Alexi Sayle lookalike next to the camera gantry in the south stand.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 01, 2009, 09:14:40 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Was it you behind me at Bramall Lane?

coventryrover wrote:
Hi guys  my name is Duncan.  I am 34 and originally from Thorne.  Got sent to Coventy for 15 years but now up just north of Leeds.

I am the Alexi Sayle lookalike next to the camera gantry in the south stand.

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 01, 2009, 09:16:51 pm by gillinghamrover »
Sean Northey, live in Gillingham,Kent as the name suggests.Left Gods country(Rosso!) mid 80`s to travel the world, joined the Army instead and saw Germany, NI, Cyprus, Bosnia, bit of our friendly Arab State mates and Ripon! Followed the Rovers from near and far since the early 80`s/late 70`s.

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 01, 2009, 09:31:49 pm by Boycie »
My first post.
Started watching Rovers early 1960's' not sure which game, Colin Booth and Alfie Hale era. I missed a lot of seasons due to lack of money/working Saturdays.
Born in Pontefract, everybody supported Leeds, but my Mam was born in Edlington and my Granny and other relatives lived there so I went to watch Donny and wwas hooked.
Like everyone else I have had stick from the Leeds supporters for many years so the last few seasons have been very sweet.

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 02, 2009, 11:58:48 am by bradford exile »
Hi Idler..where are you in Bradford..by the sound of your title it sounds like Idle village. At the moment I'm in Apperley Bridge

Regards

Ray

Ladyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 02, 2009, 12:00:38 pm by Ladyrover »
Hi I am Ladyrover  I have been a supporter for over 40yrs  Ihave been a viewer for sevsral months but never posted before.  I love reading posts about first/favourite games especially when a goal or move is described   it's like seeing a replay in my head!  Favourite players   the legend that is Peter Kitchen, Brian Usher,Rod Johnson and Ian Miller,  currently Copps snd Brian Stock. I used to work in a school and a boy asked me \"Miss, Brian Stock   what is the point? I couldn't answer him until the Swansea game when he didn't play! Now I am a convert!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012