Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:59:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kids gearing up for their summer holidays?  (Read 1994 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Kids gearing up for their summer holidays?
« on April 27, 2015, 08:52:31 am by bobjimwilly »
https://twitter.com/DRFC_Propaganda/

do you agree there are downsides to social media, such as giving prats a voice?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GM-MarkB

Re: Kids gearing up for their summer holidays?
« Reply #1 on April 27, 2015, 09:07:47 am by GM-MarkB »
Lol...1 follower, it's probably his shadow

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 27, 2015, 10:16:22 am by bobjimwilly »
another one here: https://www.facebook.com/Dickovout

I particularly like this quote: "Remember, if this page gets enough likes and shares then it shouldn't be that long till hes gone..."

Do football club owners and directors make decisions according to facebook likes and shares these days?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 27, 2015, 11:09:11 am by IDM »
The twitter thing is quite funny.

The FB thing - I doubt the board will give it too much time, however they will not be blind to the disappointment many fans feel over the season.

Talking about the fans though, funny how it was many of the set who were chanting "we want our money back" and "we are f**king shite" were also going to the front of the stand after the game to try and get the players' shirts!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 27, 2015, 03:46:30 pm by Jenny »

The FB thing - I doubt the board will give it too much time, however they will not be blind to the disappointment many fans feel over the season.

Talking about the fans though, funny how it was many of the set who were chanting "we want our money back" and "we are f***ing shite" were also going to the front of the stand after the game to try and get the players' shirts!

I thought that was hilarious too. If you are going to make a stance, at least stick to it.

I didn't applaud the players at the end, their effort  was shocking and chucking their shirts into the crowd wasn't going to make everything better. How are the board meant to take fans views seriously if one minute we are showing our disgust and then a few minutes later everything is fine again....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 27, 2015, 03:50:15 pm by IDM »

Talking about the fans though, funny how it was many of the set who were chanting "we want our money back" and "we are f***ing shite" were also going to the front of the stand after the game to try and get the players' shirts!

I thought that was hilarious too. If you are going to make a stance, at least stick to it.

I didn't applaud the players at the end, their effort  was shocking and chucking their shirts into the crowd wasn't going to make everything better. How are the board meant to take fans views seriously if one minute we are showing our disgust and then a few minutes later everything is fine again....

I applauded the players at the end for the following reasons:

- This was the final away fixture, and many have been much much better.

- Despite the poor game, these are still MY Club's players, and get MY support.

- I was making a stance to those "supporters" who chanted in such a negative manner DURING the game, should have waited until the end.

- Copps, who had had a half decent game, started the shirt donation by giving his to a disabled fan.  I was applauding him for that gesture.

- the players came over to the fans despite the poor performance.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 27, 2015, 11:57:15 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
That sums up a two faced attitude to jeer you're own team then run to grab a shirt :facepalm:
For some reason some fans think if they get a poor performance they are entitled to they're money back, i don't remember which club started that crap of refunding money, but it's a load of crap, win lose or draw you are there because you want to be, a bad performance is always a possibility as is a great performance you will never forget.

The fans should always be able to have they're say, the board have to be cooler and weigh up the best decision for the club, we can't afford to lose fans, we have low crowds as it is, for me it's not a tough decision what needs to happen, but i am not in charge.
I believe in giving managers the chance to build things, you can't always do it in a season, but two seasons for me in my opinion is ample time to build a style of play and you're own team, i suspect things will stay as they are which is worrying because on the field i see no progress.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012