Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:01:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last match - Hartlepool  (Read 14840 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Last match - Hartlepool
« Reply #90 on January 20, 2017, 02:20:17 pm by IDM »
Ultimately IMHO all are welcome, new or old, ST holders or not.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on January 20, 2017, 02:38:45 pm by knockers »
How do you know that someone will be sat down that's next to you? Rather sweeping statement!
The majority of people are sensible and will not try and sit in an area full of standers.
Also don't forget that not everyone can stand all of the game. Does their clapping a good move not add to the atmosphere.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on January 20, 2017, 04:23:13 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's very hard to clap and do a sudoku puzzle at the same time.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on January 20, 2017, 04:38:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

What's wrong with Sudoku like?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on January 20, 2017, 04:44:34 pm by the vicar »
I go in the south stand and sit, and I can't stand all the time nor  can I sit all the time, and I sing and clap so why should I be penaliced because of it I go to every game home and away so why should I miss out for someone who dunt have a season ticket
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:51:59 pm by the vicar »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on January 20, 2017, 11:49:37 pm by Pancho Regan »
There will be no atmosphere if they sell to just season ticket holders. Too many sit-down tourists on their first away game of the season.

Not to cry about it (although I am), this shafts over people like me and my family.

This smacks of sour grapes and is a bit of an insult to loyal season ticket holders who pledge their money upfront to the club regardless of how the forthcoming season will pan out.
 I committed to my ST for this season before I knew we would be relegated! Having priority for away tickets seems a small but welcome benefit for my commitment to the club.

And I promise to sing at Hartlepool... some of us ST holders actually do that, believe it or not.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on January 20, 2017, 11:59:07 pm by Pancho Regan »

..Which perhaps is equally as disrespectful as me criticising selfish fans for standing up in front of other fans and obscuring their view!

Come on you reds!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on January 21, 2017, 12:00:02 am by Copps is Magic »
There will be no atmosphere if they sell to just season ticket holders. Too many sit-down tourists on their first away game of the season.

Not to cry about it (although I am), this shafts over people like me and my family.

This smacks of sour grapes and is a bit of an insult to loyal season ticket holders who pledge their money upfront to the club regardless of how the forthcoming season will pan out.
 I committed to my ST for this season before I knew we would be relegated! Having priority for away tickets seems a small but welcome benefit for my commitment to the club.

And I promise to sing at Hartlepool... some of us ST holders actually do that, believe it or not.

How will you find time for singing in-between all these pats on the back you're giving yourself? You must be flexible. Just not mentally flexible enough to see beyond your own blinkered viewpoint.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on January 21, 2017, 12:09:32 am by Copps is Magic »

..Which perhaps is equally as disrespectful as me criticising selfish fans for standing up in front of other fans and obscuring their view!

Come on you reds!

It's a very brave stance that. Standing up for the persecuted 90% of our fans who sit down home and away.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on January 21, 2017, 12:10:10 am by Pancho Regan »
I've been singing my head off for almost 50 years as a Rovers fan, from when I first visited Belle Vue as a wide-eyed 10-year-old. I will keep on doing so for as long as I can, home (every game) and away (when I can, family duties permitting).

Sorry if that appears to be patting myself on the back, I didn't intend to.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 21, 2017, 12:10:55 am by NickDRFC »
f**ks sake man, you chose not to get a season ticket, just hope you can get yourself a ticket to Hartlepool or deal with the consequences of your decision which were pretty obvious when you made it.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on January 21, 2017, 12:20:05 am by Copps is Magic »
I said in the first post I was moaning. I fully know it is my decision ... and I'll be in the home end if I can't get tickets for the away. Do you think I need some kind of reality check?

I don't really know why people are offended or shocked at the news the game is becoming sanitised though. Maybe no one really wants hear an alternative viewpoint on here? Unless we actually find a sensible solution the atmospheres are just going to keep getting worse.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on January 21, 2017, 12:20:23 am by Pancho Regan »

Come on you reds!

It's a very brave stance that. Standing up for the persecuted 90% of our fans who sit down home and away.

Not committed enough to buy a Season Ticket, but bleating now that you don't enjoy the same benefits as those who did.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on January 21, 2017, 12:23:25 am by Copps is Magic »
Those who don't buy a season ticket are not committed to the club? Right.

See, that's the kind of nonsense that gets perpetuated on here.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on January 21, 2017, 12:26:40 am by Pancho Regan »
No, insulting people who DO buy season tickets as being 'Sodoku' players who don't contribute to the atmosphere... that's the kind of nonsense that you perpetuate on here.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on January 21, 2017, 07:05:18 am by Donnywolf »
Correct ! ... and with that we have gone 105 posts (this will be 106) and we have come to the conclusion that it may be difficult for SOME Non Season Ticket Holders to get a Ticket for the last game ** at Hartlepool  ...

... ** and that game may be decisive in some way in Rovers Season either seeing them crowned Champions or seeing them promoted or indeed seeing them make the Play offs

Its been a riveting read I have to say

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on January 21, 2017, 08:48:16 am by MrFrost »
If it sells out and you want to go,  go in the home end and organise to congregate in a certain area of the ground.  Easy.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on January 21, 2017, 08:50:53 am by Donnywolf »
... or "tap up" a "tame" Season Ticket holder who is willing to buy a Ticket and hand it to you at face value ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on January 21, 2017, 09:48:45 am by silent majority »
I said in the first post I was moaning. I fully know it is my decision ... and I'll be in the home end if I can't get tickets for the away. Do you think I need some kind of reality check?

I don't really know why people are offended or shocked at the news the game is becoming sanitised though. Maybe no one really wants hear an alternative viewpoint on here? Unless we actually find a sensible solution the atmospheres are just going to keep getting worse.

Of course the game is becoming sanitised, but attacking ST holders and blaming them for perpetuating it is incorrect and disrespectful.

It was the season ticket holders on here who firstly persuaded the club to incorporate cash gates on the South Stand and then persuaded them to incorporate an unreserved section before finally moving to make the whole South Stand unreserved seating. But what do we know!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on January 21, 2017, 06:53:09 pm by RedJ »

Come on you reds!

Not committed enough to buy a Season Ticket, but bleating now that you don't enjoy the same benefits as those who did.

Sorry to wade in but I've seen him (I only know who he is because he won that kit competition thing but anyway) at most if not all of our home games this year and last.

So he's hardly not committed.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on January 21, 2017, 08:13:02 pm by Iberian Red »

No it isn't. That's your take on it. I haven't had a season ticket since you were swimming around in your dad's ball sack. It doesn't make me or you a better supporter.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on January 21, 2017, 08:14:46 pm by silent majority »

No it isn't. That's your take on it. I haven't had a season ticket since you were swimming around in your dad's ball sack. It doesn't make me or you a better supporter.

I think he's making the same point as you are Iberian.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on January 22, 2017, 01:06:03 am by bobjimwilly »
I just don't see how it can work any other way? And folks who buy season tickets are committing themselves, financially at least, to the club, more so than those who don't. Of course there are 100 reasons why a dedicated fan, like myself, cannot attend all home games or chooses not to buy a season ticket, but I don't go after those that do just because I want a ticket for a game that is likely to sell out, ffs.

I also noticed you mentioned about fans at away games sitting down? This has been done to death on here, and certain people will never agree, but it's obvious most of those who choose to sit down at games are older fans, who were supporting this club before many of us on here were born! I'd also suggest they were standing and singing (probably better songs too!) for decades, just like the young uns today are, before they are now just unable to do so. I think they have earned their right to sit at matches.

Yes, younger fans tend to make more noise and improve the atmosphere, so if they want to do it in packed away ends, that are likely to sell out to STH's and "sitters", maybe they should consider buying a season ticket? Or is that too flaming obvious...

All rovers n all that...  :scarf:

p.s. Or just buy a ticket in the home-end...  :kiss:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:15:17 am by bobjimwilly »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Hartlepool
« Reply #113 on January 23, 2017, 12:59:18 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Can't wait for this fixture, sooooo glad I'm a season ticket holder, nobody in their right mind would miss this one.

I'll still make sure I wear a few layers cos they don't have a spring or summer up there & it can get chilly sat down for 90+ minutes.

Oh & I'll take my sodoku book with me just in case a bunch of pimply, burberry clad numpties decide to stand up in front of me to chant 'songs' incorporating the latest swear words they've learned & in which non of the lyrics are ever 'football related'. Why the ignoramus chimps don't stand at the back so that the more football educated amongst us can actually sit & evaluate the tactics being played out in front of us is beyond me.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Hartlepool
« Reply #114 on January 23, 2017, 01:28:10 pm by Surrey Rover »
There is a very high probability that they'll be nothing resting on this fixture, remember going to Mansfield at the end of season 80/81 having confirmed promotion at home to Bournemouth three days earlier, huge anti-climax.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on January 23, 2017, 02:51:45 pm by no eyed deer »
Can't wait for this fixture, sooooo glad I'm a season ticket holder, nobody in their right mind would miss this one.

I'll still make sure I wear a few layers cos they don't have a spring or summer up there & it can get chilly sat down for 90+ minutes.

Oh & I'll take my sodoku book with me just in case a bunch of pimply, burberry clad numpties decide to stand up in front of me to chant 'songs' incorporating the latest swear words they've learned & in which non of the lyrics are ever 'football related'. Why the ignoramus chimps don't stand at the back so that the more football educated amongst us can actually sit & evaluate the tactics being played out in front of us is beyond me.

I manage to get into Cheltenham, the year we went up through the play offs . It's amazing what tickets you can get hold of if it really is worth going.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on January 23, 2017, 04:41:23 pm by RedJ »

This isn't childish and antagonistic at all.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on January 23, 2017, 05:03:59 pm by RoversAlias »
Not sure there's any need for this thread whatsoever to be honest.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on January 23, 2017, 05:33:42 pm by roversdude »
WUM

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on January 23, 2017, 05:35:22 pm by the vicar »
no it is just going over all that was put in the other Hartlepool  thread

TinyPortal © 2005-2012