Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:46:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Flynn on BBC  (Read 3283 times)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
Flynn on BBC
« on January 10, 2013, 08:36:15 pm by southwestexile »
Like his comment, "we can win this league, I've seen everyone else and we're the best"

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooo reds!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Flynn on BBC
« Reply #1 on January 10, 2013, 08:45:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He gets my vote!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 10, 2013, 09:11:22 pm by bobjimwilly »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 10, 2013, 09:18:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »
 "I'm enjoying being in charge because there's nothing broken here, it's an easy ride."

"The players need a manager who can keep the continuity that is here because all of the players know their jobs."

Exactly. Don't bring someone in who'll change everything. You can't fix what's not broken.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 10, 2013, 09:23:47 pm by mushRTID »
Totally agree. Lets give him 10 games if we slip down the league look to bring a new face in to kick start things.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 10, 2013, 09:50:17 pm by newyankee »

I've just watched the interviews on player with Brian Flynn and Rob Jones and was very impressed with the professional attitude of both of them.

Even though they have not been in charge of a game yet, I am quite confident that they would do a good job in maintaining what we have started and would not be upset if they got the job till the end of the season.

Flynn said he would jump at the chance to manage the team on a full time basis if asked, but then said he had not applied. Rob Jones is looking to this to be a good learning curve for when he has to hang up his boots. As has been stated, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 10, 2013, 09:56:16 pm by not on facebook »
TBH we all know that DRFC ,are not by far the best team in This div.

Due  to our home form Been so shite,think we have only really bossed ONE Team at home going on reports.

That was the  2-2 vs blades

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 10, 2013, 10:00:32 pm by MachoMadness »
I agree with Flynn. Haven't seen anyone better than us on our day, sure Cov bossed us about but that was when we were playing with Harper and Keegan AND recovering from norovirus, basically rendering the entire midfield completely useless. Most of the time teams barely even muster a decent shot against us. We have nothing to worry about in this division if we stay consistent and organised.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 10, 2013, 10:31:36 pm by PaulRover08 »

Due  to our home form Been so shite,think we have only really bossed ONE Team at home going on reports.

I think we bossed Scunthorpe and Bury. One was a dominant 4-0 and the other an equally dominant, if closer or scoreline, 2-1.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 11, 2013, 12:12:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I think given that:

1) We are level on points with the top side in the division
2) They are on a rapid downhill slide after a phenomenal and unsustainable first dozen matches

then we have a good claim to be the best side in the division.

I do not give a shite if we haven't bossed teams at home. Whatever the other sides have been doing (even if they HAVE been bossing sides at home) NO-ONE has been picking up points more rapidly than we have.

That is why Flynn in 100% correct in what he said.

(And even if he wasn't 100% correct, he should still say it anyway, just for morale purposes.)

RedmanRufus

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 11, 2013, 12:16:37 am by RedmanRufus »

TBH oslo DRFC have been on our day, the best team in the league. We are joint top with Tranmere and we beat them.

You reds

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 11, 2013, 12:25:13 am by Chris »
I'm currently listening to Flynn's interview on Player and he makes a very important point. He's been scouting for the club and he has presumably been keeping Saunders' criteria in mind. He must, therefore, already have a very good idea of our strengths, weaknesses and what Dean was looking to do in the immediate future. He already has a long list of players who could come in and improve the squad. If we're looking for continuity then he fits the bill.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 11, 2013, 07:17:24 am by southwestexile »

there's norway I can take this comment

I'm sure that beyond league one I've heard lots of people shout that we're by far the greatest team THE WORLD has ever seen

comeonrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 11, 2013, 08:16:33 am by comeonrovers »
not trying to be negative but he comes over a bit arrogant to me. 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 11, 2013, 08:24:07 am by IDM »
There's a fine line between arrogance and confidence.  I don't mind him being optimistic about our prospects, even if he is a little outspoken.  I'd rather have someone go a little OTT that way, rather than the other.  Remember how dull SOD came across on the radio after the games, even if his words were appropriate, his presentation could send you to sleep!  The same programme also usually had Blackwell haivng a rant and a moan! 

We're joint top of this division, with a decent squad and room for improvement in the performance and excitement at home.  Let's see how we get on under Flynn & Jones tomorrow.  I am going, will be interesting to compare to last saturday!

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 11, 2013, 09:17:58 am by Surrey Rover »
I thought both Rob & Brian handled their interviews perfectly, articulate, intelligent and positive answers from the pair of them. If these next two games go well then let them run it at least until the end of the season, they clearly know the players and structure of the current side better than anyone else would coming in from the outside.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 11, 2013, 10:59:52 am by roversam »
not trying to be negative but he comes over a bit arrogant to me. 
Not trying to be sarcastic, but you do sound negative without even trying.  :rtid:

comeonrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 11, 2013, 02:40:37 pm by comeonrovers »
I thought someone would come back at the with a sarcastic comment  :) We are in a great position to go up but to say that we are the best side in the division and its an easy ride in my opinion appears a bit arrogant.  Maybe we are the best side in the division but you don't hear AF,Malky Mackay coming out with quotes like this

"I'm enjoying being in charge because there's nothing broken here, it's an easy ride"

"I think it is realistic that this team can win the league - I've seen everyone else and we are the best."

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 11, 2013, 03:21:57 pm by newyankee »
 So what's he supposed to say? " There is no chance of us going up without bringing in lots of new players because we are the worst team in the League".

Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.

comeonrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 11, 2013, 03:42:18 pm by comeonrovers »
ahh I give up.  You post your opinion and get shot down.  No wonder people are afraid to post on this forum.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 11, 2013, 03:55:35 pm by newyankee »
  I am not shooting you down comeonrovers, only stating that  when people give interviews not everyone sees it in the same light. You are quite entitled to your opinion as am I and anyone else on this forum. It doesn't mean that everything people put on here is going to go unchallenged.

Even if you were to post that Doncaster Rovers play at the Keepmoat, someone would be bound to come on and argue that we hyave not "played" at the Keepmoat this season. It's all a matter of interpretation.

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 11, 2013, 05:45:13 pm by scotlandsbest »
 :crying:  :facepalm: trying to look for the flynn interview on player cant find it help pease ??????????????????????????

come on you hoops  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :clapping:  :clapping:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 11, 2013, 06:15:48 pm by IDM »
ahh I give up.  You post your opinion and get shot down.  No wonder people are afraid to post on this forum.

Not shooting down, just offering a different opinion!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 11, 2013, 06:16:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good interviews, especially Jones. I'm sure he'll relish this opportunity in the short term and as the leader that he already is on the pitch, I'm sure he's capable of keeping everyone focussed.

Can't think of a better motivator for the Stevenage game. He won't want the record to slip on his watch and, I'm sure the players want to show they can do it without Deano.

After that though, it would only be a matter of time before Jonesy and Flynn would have to start dealing with the complex nature of managing players who might want to test the resolve of the inexperienced manager. 

Very rarely does it work where you want to be one of the lads and manage at the same time.

As for Flynn. Getting on a bit now and I don't think he'll be up to the rigours of a longer term stint. (I know Fergie's no young pup and age shouldn't be a barrier, but it is)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012