Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:38:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crazy quote from Di Canio  (Read 5216 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Crazy quote from Di Canio
« on January 10, 2013, 09:13:49 pm by bobjimwilly »
"Before Christmas, I also went to Stonehenge for the winter solstice. Swindon had just beaten Tranmere 5-0 and I waited until 4am before going there to see the sunrise. It was raining and I didn't see anything, so I left and went straight to training."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20964131

:woot:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedmanRufus

• Forum Member
Re: Crazy quote from Di Canio
« Reply #1 on January 10, 2013, 11:50:14 pm by RedmanRufus »
The man is absolutely bonkers. I'd take him here any day.

You reds

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 10, 2013, 11:52:27 pm by Donnybax »
I'd never have him here. He's an idiot.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 10, 2013, 11:53:46 pm by BobG »
Worse than that, he's a dangerous idiot. We can all remember what he's done over the years after all.......

BobG

RedmanRufus

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 10, 2013, 11:54:41 pm by RedmanRufus »
He was a fantastic player Bob, cannot argue that. Also doing well at Swindon.

You reds

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 10, 2013, 11:59:29 pm by RoversAlias »
"crazy quote from Di Canio"

Surely the word 'crazy' is redundant here?

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 11, 2013, 12:00:40 am by Akinfenwa »
He's done what was expected at Swindon with their budget IMO. The media can't get enough of him though because he's a 'character' who kicks people up the arse amongst other 'touchline antics' (isn't football hilarious?). I still think he has a lot to prove as a manager.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 11, 2013, 12:07:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I once heard an insult chucked across a pub in Gainsborough. I'd say it, nose-to-nose with DiCanio if ever I met him:

"You're a Kitson, you've allus been a Kitson and you'll allus be a Kitson."

He's a Kitson.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 11, 2013, 12:08:50 am by mushRTID »
He's done what was expected at Swindon with their budget IMO. The media can't get enough of him though because he's a 'character' who kicks people up the arse amongst other 'touchline antics' (isn't football hilarious?). I still think he has a lot to prove as a manager.

Remember that night, were we not waiting for rovers to come on SSN and they kept showing this arsehole kicking his player up the bum? Must have been 4 or 5 times an hour.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 11, 2013, 12:16:09 am by wilts rover »
He is also a pretty unreliable one - it was a clear sunrise this year, dunno where he was to think it was raining.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/winter-solstice-thousands-celebrate-at-stonehenge-1499877

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 11, 2013, 12:27:18 am by BillyStubbsTears »
He is also a pretty unreliable one - it was a clear sunrise this year, dunno where he was to think it was raining.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/winter-solstice-thousands-celebrate-at-stonehenge-1499877

So,

"He's a lying Kitson, he's allus been a lying Kitson and he'll allus be a lying Kitson."

The lying Kitson.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 11, 2013, 12:28:39 am by wilts rover »
and he's from Gainsborough - or have I got mixed up somewhere?

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 11, 2013, 09:22:18 am by Jim Dobbin »
His autobiography is a good read - a former ultra.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 11, 2013, 10:07:24 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
He's an absolute muppet! Everything he does is for show. Very good player in his day though.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 11, 2013, 10:16:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
He is a preening, self-important fascist Kitson.

He should have been banned from football sine die for laying hands on that ref. That would have happened if he'd done that in amateur football. Instead, he's been turned into some form of cult figure.

A horrible man and his career is a classic example of how football has lost its soul. The fact that he's good box office for bell ends to lap up means that he is of use to the papers and Sky. And that excuses everything else.

I wonder if it would ever dawn on any FLJ to ask Di Canio what his opinion is on Kevin Prince Boateng's actions?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 11, 2013, 11:39:14 am by MrFrost »
Seems to me, people think he is a Kitson.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 11, 2013, 11:54:45 am by Boomstick »
I like him, he's a strong character it's one of the reasons I like football. Lots of strong characters. like mourinho, warnock, holloway, ballotelli, cantona, maradonna,
It a reason footy is so popular.
I'd bet my house that all of the billy big bollock key board warriors on here would cower into a corner and not murmer a word to him, like they say they would.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 12:05:44 pm by Boomstick »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 11, 2013, 12:00:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Boomstick.

You are correct. I wouldn't not cower in a corner and not murmur a word to the fascist Kitson.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 11, 2013, 12:06:01 pm by Boomstick »
Boomstick.

You are correct. I wouldn't not cower in a corner and not murmur a word to the fascist c***.
edited

vietaff

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 11, 2013, 01:31:41 pm by vietaff »
I like him, he's a strong character it's one of the reasons I like football. Lots of strong characters. like mourinho, warnock, holloway, ballotelli, cantona, maradonna,
It a reason footy is so popular.
I'd bet my house that all of the billy big bollock key board warriors on here would cower into a corner and not murmer a word to him, like they say they would.

Ditto, for me he is a great character...he takes pride in what he does and if people dont give 100% like he does it narks him, suppose thats what you can call a 'winner'
His career was blighted with controversy, along with some stupendous goals but for me the highlight of PDC in the premiership was when he caught the ball when Paul gerrard the then Everton 'Keeper injured himself coming out of the box. The ball was there to volley into the empty net however PDC decided to catch the ball so Gerrard could get the urgent help he needed. Unbelievable sportsmanship and showed a different side to PDC never seen before.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 11, 2013, 01:40:41 pm by RobTheRover »
I suspect BST knew about this and, on balance, still thought he was a c*nt

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 11, 2013, 01:48:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I did Rob. Just proves that he's a sporting fascist Kitson.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 11, 2013, 02:14:40 pm by Boomstick »

Yes he is a fascist, and because he holds differing political views to you, you label him as a c***. As per usual. (Even if you wouldnt trll him to his face) He was a great player, could be a great manager!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:22:33 pm by Boomstick »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 11, 2013, 02:32:09 pm by RoversAlias »

Yes he is a fascist, and because he holds differing political views to you, you label him as a c***.

So, Hitler was alright then? He just held different political views to us... :P

At the end of the day the fascist ideology is a disgusting and horrid way to view life and it has rightfully been fairly enough quashed since the end of World War II.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 11, 2013, 04:38:09 pm by Boomstick »
Fascism is very different to nazism, it's not even close. go away and do some reading. To compare dicanio to hitler is a vile and libellous slur.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 11, 2013, 04:41:29 pm by bigbadjack »
How do you pronounce the word, c**t?

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 11, 2013, 04:43:06 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
Thank God you said that, Boomstick.  This whole assumption that Fascism involves racism drives me nuts.  In Italy, Mussolini was a Fascist.  Their ideology was that the state controls everything - not a million miles from communism.  Only in 1938, when Mussolini finally threw his lot in with Hitler, and the Master became the pupil, did the Nazi elements creep in.  But that was political expediency and fear on Mussolini's part and wasn't part of the fascist ideology.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 11, 2013, 05:26:33 pm by RoversAlias »
Fascism is very different to nazism, it's not even close. go away and do some reading. To compare dicanio to hitler is a vile and libellous slur.

I didn't actually compare Di Canio to Hitler, I was exaggerating for effect. Why can nobody at all on this forum seemingly take a bit of light-heartedness? Every single thread near enough now seems to just have people taking everything to heart and being deadly serious all the god damn time.

I don't need to read up on fascism, I studied it extensively at school and in university. Fascism is not a nice ideology, it advocates warfare and violence and like it or not Nazism and the likes of Hitler and Mussolini took the fledgling fascist ideology and turned it into something very gruesome indeed. Di Canio has shown himself in the past to be one of these 'ultra' fanatics in Italy who actively try to seek trouble and he even celebrated goals at Lazio by doing the Nazi salute. So my tongue-in-cheek comparison actually has some base to it if you want to make this serious. Fundlekrotch is right though that Mussolini took a fair few communist elements into the way he developed fascism and ran Italy with it.

The last thing I expected to see on this board, full of people from Labour loving Doncaster, was a defence argument for fascist ideals.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 11, 2013, 05:32:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bad Jack.

I believe it is C'Start.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 11, 2013, 05:59:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If you think that Italian fascism had/has no connection with racism, then you really haven't done much homework.

Racism is endemic on the Italian Right, from the puerile humour of Berlusconi (e.g. cracking a joke about Obama having a nice suntan - not particularly offensive, but indicative of the mindset) to the attitudes towards Africans, East Europeans and even the North's attitude towards the "terroni" of the Mezzogiorno.

An uncle of my (half Italian) wife is a supporter of Alessandra Mussolini's modern fascist party. He's a highly intelligent, thoughtful, kind, compassionate man. And over dinner once, he said to me "This country will never be able to be strong while we've got 20 million f**king Africans bleeding us dry."  By "Africans", he meant Southern Italians. You see, he considers himself to be an Aryan, and the people from Naples and Sicily to be devious, cheating, bone idle sons of African immigrants from centuries back.

To claim that Mussolini's fascism was somehow free of racism which only crept in when he passed the Race Laws in 38 to appease Hitler is quite ridiculous. The concept of Italian superiority over African and Eastern European people was central, absolutely central to Mussolini's entire ethos from day one. He called the Mediterranean "Mare Nostrum" (Our Sea). As early as 1921, he said in his Bologna speech,

"How then was this Fascismo born ; amid what conflicting  passions, sympathy, hatred, and lack of comprehension?  It was not only born in my mind and heart, in that meeting held in March 19 19 in the little hall at Milan, it was born of the profound and perennial need of this our Mediterranean, Aryan race."

Mussolini was obsessed with race. Read his speeches. The word crops up all the time. His obsession was to demonstrate the greatness of the Italian race. Now, that could be a positive thing of course, but it led directly and before Hitler's influence, to wars of aggression to dominate the countries of other, inferior races near the shores of Mare Nostrum (Albania, Abyssinia).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012