Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:00:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crazy quote from Di Canio  (Read 5197 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Crazy quote from Di Canio
« Reply #30 on January 11, 2013, 06:30:26 pm by RedJ »
Minor point - Abyssinia is nowhere near the Med?

It's Ethiopia today (although I'm sure you're aware of that) and that's f**king miles off Europe - I reckon that was a revenge mission for Wal-Wal more than anything. But no doubt the racial element will come into play - I just don't particularly think this was to do with the Med.

Back on topic, di Canio is a f**king bell end of the highest order. Sick of hearing him called "a character" - no, he's a childish so and so whose lunatic antics are described as "passionate". Does my f**king head in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 11, 2013, 06:52:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Abyssinia was a foothold in Africa. Mussolini couldn't take on the Brits in Egypt, but his long term aim would have been to oust the Brits from North Africa. Abyssinia was a first pass at an African war

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 11, 2013, 07:19:00 pm by RedJ »
That and he was (if I remember rightly) looking for a great - well, if you can call it that against spears and shields - military victory to show he could rebuild a new Roman Empire.

Tad deluded.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 11, 2013, 07:55:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
To be fair to Mussolini he wasn't a madman. He had a very solid philosophical aim and something of a successful track record.

You have to bear in mind that modern Italy only came into existence in 1861. Prior to that, it was a set of small states run by petty princes or foreign powers. Nationalists like Mussolini saw WWI as their means of forging a strong, unified nation in the crucible of battle. And Italy's aim in WWI was to capture the last bit of historic Italian land still ruled by foreigners - the Trentino/Alto Adige region ruled by Austro-Hungary.

Italy's performance in WWI was disastrous. Their army was smashed at Caporetto and the Austrians looked like taking over Venice and more. Mussolini, a rabble rousing journalist, played a big part in rousing national pride to re-build the army and make a desperate last stand at Vittorio-Veneto. There, they won one of the most spectacular victories of modern times. They destroyed the Austrian army and set off the rockfall that led to the collapse of the Axis powers.

Mussolini must have thought himself a national superman. And he thought that the potential of the Italian "race" was limitless. He argued that Itsly had been the strongest power in the West during Roman times and during the Renaissance. And they could be again with a powerful, nationalistic, charismatic leader.

You can see why he appeals to a Kitson like Di Canio (who has a tattoo in homage to Mussolini). They are both preening, self-important, narcissistic, ego-maniacs who want the rest of the world to think if them as Superman.

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 11, 2013, 08:36:14 pm by Donny Dub »
Di Canio is an extremist, a right wing extremist from what we know. 

BST is an extremist, a left wing extremist from what we read.

Opposites in life's spectrum but I wouldn't label either as racist.   DiCanio might be a fascist, not necessarily a nazi, but possibly anti-communist.  Is this why he's such a c**t BST?

Good luck.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 11, 2013, 09:11:55 pm by RedJ »
To be fair to Mussolini he wasn't a madman. He had a very solid philosophical aim and something of a successful track record.

You have to bear in mind that modern Italy only came into existence in 1861. Prior to that, it was a set of small states run by petty princes or foreign powers. Nationalists like Mussolini saw WWI as their means of forging a strong, unified nation in the crucible of battle. And Italy's aim in WWI was to capture the last bit of historic Italian land still ruled by foreigners - the Trentino/Alto Adige region ruled by Austro-Hungary.

Italy's performance in WWI was disastrous. Their army was smashed at Caporetto and the Austrians looked like taking over Venice and more. Mussolini, a rabble rousing journalist, played a big part in rousing national pride to re-build the army and make a desperate last stand at Vittorio-Veneto. There, they won one of the most spectacular victories of modern times. They destroyed the Austrian army and set off the rockfall that led to the collapse of the Axis powers.

Mussolini must have thought himself a national superman. And he thought that the potential of the Italian "race" was limitless. He argued that Itsly had been the strongest power in the West during Roman times and during the Renaissance. And they could be again with a powerful, nationalistic, charismatic leader.

You can see why he appeals to a Kitson like Di Canio (who has a tattoo in homage to Mussolini). They are both preening, self-important, narcissistic, ego-maniacs who want the rest of the world to think if them as Superman.

Oh no, certainly not a mad man by any means. Perhaps deluded wasn't the right word to use.

Delusions of grandeur, perhaps, if nothing else. Got what was coming in the end.

As for WWI, God knows why Germany issued Austria virtually a blank cheque in terms of support. Were there any German soldiers with the army at Caporetto? I seem to remember the Austrian army being pretty crap compared to other major powers'.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 11, 2013, 09:31:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Donny Dub

Why do you draw the conclusion that I'm a left-wing extremist?

I'm genuinely bemused.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 11, 2013, 09:45:59 pm by BigH »
You can see why he appeals to a c*** like Di Canio (who has a tattoo in homage to Mussolini). They are both preening, self-important, narcissistic, ego-maniacs who want the rest of the world to think if them as Superman.

A bit like Mourinho then...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 11, 2013, 09:51:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Nah with Mourinho it's mainly just a show. The majority of the players he's had loved the guy. He's just arrogant for the press.
Di Canio on the other hand is a weirdo and having heard what he's put Swindon players through before I wouldn't have him here.

neil grainger

« Reply #39 on January 11, 2013, 09:55:27 pm by neil grainger »
Worse than that, he's a dangerous idiot. We can all remember what he's done over the years after all.......

BobG

Couldn't agree more Bob.

By the way, you have a PM from me.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 12, 2013, 01:14:27 am by Sammy Chung was King »
C..ts are useful this guy isn't :blush:,all he's good for is pushing referee's that that can't stand up because they've got subbuteo legs :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012