Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:01:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A key financial update from the club...  (Read 3340 times)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
A key financial update from the club...
« on June 18, 2021, 05:56:11 pm by Lincoln Rover »
https://bit.ly/3gLpwGv

Open, honest & even easy enough for little old me to understand.
Some other clubs ( especially one local one) would dream of having an insight into how their club is bearing up.
So if you want to know what we owe, income, expenditure, that staff have taken taken pay cuts/deferrals & who amongst others will be picking up the tab, then read & digest.
Ps Thanks Martin ( SM) for asking for this info.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
A key financial update from the club...
« Reply #1 on June 18, 2021, 06:01:15 pm by silent majority »
As you know we, the VSC, have been keeping abreast of the financial status of the club for quite a number of years, but more so during the pandemic. After all, that's what we're really here for!

We were going to sit down with Richard and try and get a sense of how the pandemic has impacted DRFC and what kind of legacy that has left us with. But Richard suggested he write the article, and to be fair there's nobody better to explain the sacrifices the club has made this last year or so. And here's the link to that article.

We'll be meeting with him again in the next few days, so if there's anything specific please just ask!

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/update-from-richard-poole-head-of-finance-at-club-doncaster/

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: A key financial update from the club...
« Reply #2 on June 18, 2021, 06:14:33 pm by since-1969 »
Quote:  HMRC debt to be repaid this year is more than £800,000, player wage deferrals are in excess of £170,000. With debts like this it’s surprising there’s a player budget at all .

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 18, 2021, 06:16:44 pm by jmt23 »
That’s scary, now imagine the clubs that threw money around, or have huge wage bills.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 18, 2021, 06:35:52 pm by Chris the Rover »
Makes you wonder how much the likes of Sunderland and Wednesday owe.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 18, 2021, 06:41:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Quote:  HMRC debt to be repaid this year is more than £800,000, player wage deferrals are in excess of £170,000. With debts like this it’s surprising there’s a player budget at all .

Which means the club and owners need to be applauded, something you obviously have zero intention of doing

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 18, 2021, 07:03:03 pm by DRCraig »
I trust everyone in charge of our club both financially and with football matters.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 18, 2021, 07:17:54 pm by since-1969 »

Which means the club and owners need to be applauded, something you obviously have zero intention of doing
Millionaires!!

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 18, 2021, 07:22:27 pm by Janso »

Millionaires!!

What exactly do you want from them? what exactly would make you happy? All you ever do is f**king whinge about absolutely everything. Do you never get bored of being so f**king negative all the time? Jesus wept.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 18, 2021, 07:23:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Millionaires!!

May I remind you that the Glazers are millionaires and take money out of Man U!

There are many money men taking money out of clubs for brokering finance and huge loan repayments.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 18, 2021, 07:36:32 pm by keith79 »
Can't please everyone.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 18, 2021, 07:46:38 pm by Chris the Rover »
Why is it that one particular prat on here tries to put a downer on any positive post/comments? What a sad person.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 18, 2021, 09:00:56 pm by since-1969 »
You lot are so sanctimonious you bite at everything .

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 18, 2021, 10:47:21 pm by Redandwhite »

That's not a debt, it's an operating cost .

That article says alot, without saying much at all .
(Apart from the figure of the I follow revenue)

Hopefully the club lodge FULL accounts and not the abbreviated one as usual .
Like fsf are pushing for .

I feel FULL disclosure this time is needed, from all clubs.  Its deserved for the fans who have kept their clubs afloat .

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 18, 2021, 11:39:44 pm by ian1980 »
This statement reminds me a bit of a line from my favourite film, True Romance by Quentin Tarantino

“What we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothing but you're telling me everything.”

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN - Vincenzo Coccotti

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 19, 2021, 09:33:08 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The impressive bit for me is that it suggests a debt of circa £1m. That's pretty good given the circumstances if it is the sole debt and shows just how important the player sales were. Of course it is also important to know whether the club is due further monies for these sales, ie would this cover the HMRC/player debts?  Financially selling Ben whiteman was a no brainer if we are honest.

However, there are a few questions on that.  It states the loans from club Doncaster are converted to equity.  Subsequently then have the loans TO club Doncaster been converted also? Given the structure of the business that's actually the important bit. Recent history suggests this has been the case but worth a clarification.  The same can be said for any other debt, whilst it is kept out of drfc limited, what's the position for club Doncaster?  Are there any further debts there for example?  As closely related parties that is important.

Regardless of those points, we are lucky to get even this transparency. They don't have to do it, though I feel the EFL should legislate for that.  Secondly, the history under Terry and others has been superb. That they continue to fund the club is a great thing and underrated by most.  An unfortunate symptom of the huge spending by other owners.  Yes we'd all like someone to come in and splash £100m+ but that doesn't mean we should be unhappy with what we get which is still a huge sum of money that without the club wouldn't survive.  Just look at other clubs to see how unsustainable big budgets etc can be without strong incomes off the field etc.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 19, 2021, 11:45:53 am by coventryrover »
Hope the large number of people slagging off the board take note.      We have a club, we are getting players.   Sustainable and club Doncaster....love it ..esp after 1997

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 19, 2021, 12:25:41 pm by Redandwhite »
Can someone explain how on earth club doncaster benefit Doncaster Rovers ?

I can't see the need for it as a parent company ?

Why does it exist ?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 19, 2021, 12:35:48 pm by Janso »

Why does it exist ?

Non football revenues come into CD and are then fed mainly into DRFC and to a lesser extent, the Belles and Dons. Also means the three clubs share admin teams and therefore admin costs, I imagine. But it exists to bring in further revenue.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 19, 2021, 12:52:45 pm by vaya »

Why does it exist ?

Agree 100%.

It's obvious it's some front for nefarious activities. There's undoubtedly some secret base underneath the lake.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 19, 2021, 01:24:22 pm by mjg »
Thank you to the club owners for keeping our beloved team ticking over , you should be awarded the freedom of Doncaster , thank you

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 19, 2021, 02:18:16 pm by Redandwhite »

Why does it exist ?

Non football revenues come into CD and are then fed mainly into DRFC and to a lesser extent, the Belles and Dons. Also means the three clubs share admin teams and therefore admin costs, I imagine. But it exists to bring in further revenue.
But why the need for club doncaster ?

Why can't doncaster rovers look after the non football revenues ?

I still see no benefit to the football club?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 19, 2021, 02:28:10 pm by vaya »

Why does it exist ?

Have you contacted the club? - Perhaps they haven't realised this.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 19, 2021, 03:11:48 pm by Janso »

Why does it exist ?

Do you not think people whose jobs it is to look at these kinds of things would have considered whether there was any point?

They hardly sat in a room eating biscuits and went "I know, we'll do this thing we don't need to do for no reason just because".

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 19, 2021, 03:23:35 pm by Redandwhite »

Why does it exist ?

Do you not think people whose jobs it is to look at these kinds of things would have considered whether there was any point?

They hardly sat in a room eating biscuits and went "I know, we'll do this thing we don't need to do for no reason just because".

OK, so you don't know. But are content in that . Which is fair enough .

I on the other hand, and a few others I've spoken to, would like to specifically know the benefit to Doncaster Rovers of 'club doncaster'

We hear constantly about how it's a good thing, and that might be so .

But what does 'club doncaster' do, that the football club couldn't do itself ?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 19, 2021, 03:28:22 pm by Janso »

Why does it exist ?

I on the other hand, and a few others I've spoken to, would like to specifically know the benefit to Doncaster Rovers of 'club doncaster'

Why does it matter whether it's the club directly or a vehicle the club can achieve this through? it's the same people in charge. I feel like you're trying to make a point without explicitly saying it.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 19, 2021, 03:32:45 pm by vaya »

Why does it exist ?

You're not bothered what it does though are you? It's just the same tired narrative that Club Doncaster/The Belles/The Dons are somehow sucking money out of Rovers, and/or the Board aren't putting in as much as they say they are

All that's going to happen is that you're going to keep posting the same questions over and over and implying that not issuing a full set of accounts somehow 'proves' this.

At least try some new material.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 19, 2021, 04:01:49 pm by Redandwhite »

Why does it exist ?

Why does it matter whether it's the club directly or a vehicle the club can achieve this through? it's the same people in charge. I feel like you're trying to make a point without explicitly saying it.

Because if its not the football club directly doing this, and its the umbrella corporation doing it .
Then the benefit to Rovers is watered down, and the money shared across the organisation .

I'd also like to know where specifically my season ticket, donation money and merchandise purchase money goes .
Not to mention refreshment purchases, I follow money, or even the West ham ticket thing they did .
Does it go specifically to Doncaster Rovers ?
Or does it go to 'club doncaster' to be shared around ?

I've got no interest in rugby or the ladies team.
My support is specifically for Rovers, and 99% of fans under the 'club doncaster' umbrella are Rovers fans .

Likewise I don't want to see Rovers leaching money from the Dons, or Belles etc .

They are separate clubs, and should be treated as such .

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 19, 2021, 04:33:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Crikey red and white, you're never going to know exactly where every penny you spend goes.  But the vast majority of that will go to rovers as an entity (less vat that will be part of the vat settlement).  Though some elements will go elsewhere eg food, merchandise etc dependent on the agreements they have in those contracts.  Same for IFollow, part will likely go to the EFL etc, it isn't simple.

Even then it's largely redundant. The owner funds all of it so it matters not where your exact payment goes as the owner still has to fund the shortfall.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 19, 2021, 05:09:56 pm by ravenrover »

Why does it exist ?

Have you thought of putting these questions directly to someone at the club who can answer them for you, like Gavin for example?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012