Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:01:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: tied Hands  (Read 5010 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: tied Hands
« Reply #30 on October 01, 2014, 01:02:18 pm by Wellred »
So many people keep trotting out "We have one of the best budgets in this league".
How do we know this exactly?
I haven't seen any evidence to suggest this is true. Perhaps someone ITK can show me where there are any signs of us having this super budget.

Didn't silent majority say its a budget that should be pushing top 8 minimum?

Oh so it must be right then  :facepalm:

Dissing me again Wellred? There's a surprise.

Don't be so precious. I have been getting it for years.
So where is the proof of this top 8 budget then as it certainly doesn't appear to be the case.
No signings that we have paid money for!
A subs bench full of kids!
l

Don't avoid the point Wellred, I asked you a question.

Yes

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 01, 2014, 01:21:51 pm by IDM »
But a pattern interrupted by encouraging performances all the same?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 01, 2014, 01:28:53 pm by Donnybax »
Bristol also followed the same pantern

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 01, 2014, 02:52:41 pm by steve@dcfd »
IDM. I think you're too kind about the Port Vale and Oldham performances. Both were shockingly bad, IMO. One may be put down to "a bad day at the office." Two suggests a pattern- and one I saw continued at Walsall last Saturday.

The pattern is there for all to see in those three games and there's more Keegan and Furman play in the same midfield. It doesn't work but it is always PD's go two pair.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 01, 2014, 03:14:44 pm by The Red Baron »
It is interesting that Dickov clearly doesn't think that Wellens and De Val can play together, yet does think that Keegan and Furman can play together- despite considerable evidence to the contrary.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 01, 2014, 03:36:00 pm by BRMC_rover »
I can see DeVal moving on somewhere and playing some great football and it will be excruciating to watch. Its not just the results and performances that leave me adamant a change of manager is needed, its things like this as well.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 01, 2014, 04:48:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bristol also followed the same pantern

I think people are letting the team off for that seeing as Bristol City are one of the favourites and at the top of the league.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 01, 2014, 05:09:06 pm by Donnybax »
It doesn't matter it was still a shocking performance

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 01, 2014, 05:42:20 pm by DearneValleyRover »
We were bloody awful against Oldham and a better team would have scored at least five. He appears to have no idea on how to set up, what style and formation to play or how to change things when required

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 01, 2014, 06:12:06 pm by Rovers Return »
Branton Rover "Somebody once said you'll win nothing with kids which is why the clubs current strategy of trying to promote local talent will inevitably falter as there's simply not the required numbers or indeed the required quality of players coming through our academy. "

That was Alan Hanson when talking about the very young side that Alex Ferguson put out which included, Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, and the two Nevilles. They went on to win the league that year.  :thumbsup: ;)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 03, 2014, 10:44:19 am by Bentley Bullet »
Perhaps the budget as a whole goes on wages?  Now, having seen some (but not enough) encouraging performances this season, we know the playing squad with this manager is capable of putting in decent performances on the pitch and winning games.

The concern for me is the inconsistency.  We can compete, but we don't compete consistently.

No team finishes up with no points at the end of a season. Even the team that finishes at the bottom will have shown a couple of encouraging performances during the season. They have lost more games than they have won for a reason though, and that's down to inferiority, not inconsistency.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:04:41 am by Bentley Bullet »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 03, 2014, 11:08:45 am by IDM »
I agree BB, but we're only 9 games in out of 46.

Finish low down down and I would agree, that's inferior, as we were last season.  Finish mid table ish and I would say inconsistent.  We know this squad can play very well, and has done on occasion this season but not often enough, not yet.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012