Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:58:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This Forum  (Read 2529 times)

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
Re: This Forum
« Reply #30 on September 09, 2021, 10:51:37 pm by Spilsby Red »
No eye deer - you can’t generalise people with your comment tho. As I have said in some of my posts, I don’t criticise people who have opinions. I don’t agree when comments go over the line. Emotions are good but not when it gets personal

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 10, 2021, 07:03:21 am by sha66y »
I disagree with “ pro board”….
There are fans who know they can’t change what is happening, therefore they attempt to rationalise the whys and what for’s, and attempt to get this over to the other camp….

Then there is an anti board section, who blame everything ( even the physio’s cat) they never quite say what they really want to say so hide behind the obvious protagonists and end up regurgitating the same slogan with little or no newer substance….

Some understand the words : rebuild, learning curve, budgetary constraint and pain..
and will look for hope amongst the many words written by those that witnessed!

and some let’s face it don’t have the intellectual capacity to sustain a rational discussion without the aid of wild accusations and rash statements…

Then there’s a group who consider themselves “ well read and informed” yet even these tend to lack the capacity to understand the current situation and what it entails!
They tend to wheel out stats and statements from a bygone age…

You don’t have to be intelligent to have an opinion, but you will more than likely be judged on just what that opinion is!

I’m a true fan in the truest of ways!

So in a nutshell.

Pro Board - university educated like minded fellows.

Anti Board - knuckle dragging, Brexit voting simpleton.

Oh dear !
Is that how you perceived my write?
That inteligent people can rationalise and understand, or at least try to understand the current situation at the club  without attacking it’s obvious shortfalls

And thick people react to the same information but can’t comprehend what’s been, and is being said, therefore they lash out?

Is it that simple?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 10, 2021, 07:08:49 am by sha66y »
Still doesn’t answer the point of your comment

Whoooaaaaa “calling out”  a poster to explain a comment made!
Be careful Spilsby, this might set a trend for accountability of opinions!

Lolololololol good on ya

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 10, 2021, 07:16:23 am by no eyed deer »

You never pulled him to explain his comments on anti board....why ?

Why, because it's your agenda and how you see things.

People are branded. Anti board, when they raise concerns of the comments that come from the club.

Do I think its a poorly run club ? No far from it. There is a lot to thank them for and also things to be held to task for.

How many topics are headed 'Terry Out '
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 07:20:46 am by no eyed deer »

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 10, 2021, 07:21:23 am by no eyed deer »

Lolololololol good on ya

And what do you mean by anti board ?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 10, 2021, 08:39:49 am by sha66y »

Lolololololol good on ya

And what do you mean by anti board ?

Sorry I wasn’t aware you were directing that question to me !
I only used the phrase because you alluded to it in your opening statement, and maintained it since for effect, as it clearly distinguishes the groups you are referring to!

Anyway you want to know what I mean by anti-board,
I guess Im referring to those that attack the decisions already made by those in charge, ( the board and current manager, ) whether they are good decisions or bad decisions,
I’m not saying we can’t have an opinion or that we shouldn’t have an opinion, I am however saying that if the reason ( excuse) for a decision being made fails to deliver the desired result, we shouldn’t start blaming those that didn’t deliberately sabotage it!

I put the acquisitions already made in 2 groups”
For now to keep us hopefully in the game….
for later to be part of a future plan…..

I see the manager putting something together that may take a while to bear fruit

I see the board on the same page, and probably breathing a sigh of relief that this is exactly the strategy they want for us …the humble supporters

If fans choose to believe that the Board are indeed looking to secure and deliver a long term plan then they must be pro board ( visionary)

However if the fans see every decision made so far as a failure and likely not being in line with their personal pre-conceived ideas of how and what a rebuild looks like, they ultimately will attack all decisions that have resulted in a failure and thus render themselves anti-board ….

Hope that gives you my take on what anti and pro might mean!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 11:19:27 am by sha66y »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 10, 2021, 10:33:53 am by ravenrover »
Agree with Spilsby on this point

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 10, 2021, 04:34:59 pm by BobG »
Ive re-read Shaggys first two paragraphs NED. Several times. I really cannot see what your point is/. I'm not trying to be awkward or difficult or obstreperous. I just don't see what on Earth you are trying to say - apart from a ludicrous generalisation that contributed absolutely zilch.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012