Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:13:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Some People thought 3/1 was stupid IT'GONE NOW .. IT'S 10/3 the sky is the limit  (Read 9434 times)

Plumbster

• Forum Member
I steered clear but very much hope I am wrong

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

karldew

• Forum Member
Looks like Swindon may be deducted points due to breaching EFL regulations. Could help the top half bet out.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
If we win tomorrow we close the gap to the 12th place team to a maximum of 3.if the franchise don’t win it will be less than that.

normal rules

• Forum Member
If we win tomorrow we close the gap to the 12th place team to a maximum of 3.if the franchise don’t win it will be less than that.

What a diff a day makes . The gd adds another point effectively making it 7 from 12th

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Bet it will be 5 to 1 now

drfchound

• Forum Member
I’m beginning to think  that what I thought was a certainty, is now becoming very unlikely.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Lots of people are watching their huge and seeming money printing bets look less likely

Me for one £16.57 to return £77 which I thought was nailed on when I placed it and until yesterday

Hoping GM gets them sorted and is assisted by better news injury wise.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Lots of people are watching their huge and seeming money printing bets look less likely

Me for one £16.57 to return £77 which I thought was nailed on when I placed it and until yesterday

I said this almost a month ago and sadly haven’t seen anything to change my mind:

“By and large we’ll win the home games and lose the away games. Look very good at times which will make people start mentally spending their winnings from a top half finish and suggesting we can make a play off push whilst floating around 15th-18th. Unless something dramatic changes I can’t see us pushing much further up the table.”

EDIT - actually something that has changed is that the playoff talk will probably stop now.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 08:15:58 am by NickDRFC »

ncRover

• Forum Member
I put £15 on at 9/2 and cashed out last night for £23.94. Surprising.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member

I said this almost a month ago and sadly haven’t seen anything to change my mind:

“By and large we’ll win the home games and lose the away games. Look very good at times which will make people start mentally spending their winnings from a top half finish and suggesting we can make a play off push whilst floating around 15th-18th. Unless something dramatic changes I can’t see us pushing much further up the table.”

EDIT - actually something that has changed is that the playoff talk will probably stop now.

This is all largely right. We aren’t consistent in performance or results, and can look good against what are poor sides, but now and again against much better sides, but our poorest performances have been against what are poor sides - Newport County, Salford and Morecambe.

It’s the same problems again and again. A terrible defensive unit, lack of creativity across the midfield but especially without Close and Westbrooke, and a good pair in Faal and Ironside but a one-dimensional pair who must be absolutely knackered. Enveloping all this is a mental weakness in elements of the squad.

Saying that, this season is still much more enjoyable than the last few years. I hope more than anything we can get a grip on the injury situation because it has become even worse than it has been the last few years. We have a large squad but less than half the players are ever available.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

Strangely, after hovering around 11/4 - 3/1 for three months, it's tumbled down to 15/8 after yesterday.

I really don't get it. But I'm tempted to cash out the bet I had on at 3/1.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Swindon who occupy the halfway mark, 12th position have 6 points more than us and have played a game more.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member

Strangely, after hovering around 11/4 - 3/1 for three months, it's tumbled down to 15/8 after yesterday.

I really don't get it. But I'm tempted to cash out the bet I had on at 3/1.

is this yet another one of those "virtual events" in your life like the "virtual milkman"  if you cash out with any other bookmaker apart from slysports they will rip- you off summat wicked

and 3/1 was still available after the tide turned against Morecambe  with Victor

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Still only 9/2. Salford a point behind 12/1.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Still only 9/2. Salford a point behind 12/1.

Salford are atrocious. I’m on them at 40/1 for relegation.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
11/2 for a top half finish now ( William Hills 30/12/23 10.45 am )

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
We need at the very least another 35 points for a top half finish.

P20 W10 D5 L5

More likely to be another 39-40 required.

P20 W12 D3-4 L4-5

It's not going to happen. I cashed out my bets for a small profit when we inexplicably dropped in price to 5/2 a couple of weeks ago.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member

P20 W10 D5 L5

P20 W12 D3-4 L4-5

It's not going to happen. I cashed out my bets for a small profit when we inexplicably dropped in price to 5/2 a couple of weeks ago.

What about the other 2 games? There's 22 games left this season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member

P20 W10 D5 L5

P20 W12 D3-4 L4-5

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

P20 W10 D5 L5

P20 W12 D3-4 L4-5

What about the other 2 games? There's 22 games left this season.

D'oh.

Still very unlikely.

karldew

• Forum Member
 So….

:huh:

normal rules

• Forum Member
Accy, who are exactly mid table currently have a ppg of 1.4. Rovers after today are now at 1.06 ppg.
Assuming the form of most teams remains constant, it would need a very good run for rovers to reach mid table from here. Or some catastrophic declines by teams currently mid table. Or a mix of both.
A win against Salford would up the ppg to 1.13.
Another win against Grimsby and it goes to just 1.18.
And dare to dream, we beat wimbledon away also, and we are still only looking at 1.24 ppg.
In fact , just speaking hypothetically, rovers would need to win the next 6 games on the bounce, and even then the ppg would still be just under 1.4, the same as what accy are currently.
I think you get the picture.
Is it possible? Of course.
Is it likely. Probably not.
Rovers results have been so dire they have given themselves a mountain to climb even to reach mid table.

dickos1

• VSC Member
Wimbledon is at home isn’t it?

normal rules

• Forum Member
Wimbledon is at home isn’t it?

Apologies, of course it is.

karldew

• Forum Member
Chipping away!

14/1 in from 20/1 14 days ago.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Ha Ha - yes I was walking out today with mate and I suddenly stopped and pulled Phone out and looked at it . He looked at me looking at it and I said "Yahoo" and he fell for it

What or who is that. I said "Skybet have just offered me a Cashout " What for he says further hooked. 25 quid for my Top half finish , but we aren't in top half yet - where are we , and I said still 20th but its coming just wait and see

karldew

• Forum Member
Chipping away!

14/1 in from 20/1 14 days ago.

Now down to 8/1! :woot:

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
i'll guess we are 9/2 now
but there are a couple of matches that should go our way on Sunday and Monday

14:00
Salford City Fc  v Morecambe

&
Monday 18th March 2024      19:45
Crawley v Stockport

us playing Crawley is just what the Doctor ordered

Morecambe & Crawley to lose

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
as Salford go 2-0 up after 55 minutes    :thumbsup:
are  we  seeing  the "parting of the red sea" to enable us to exit the bottom half of the division to the "Promised Land of the Top Half"  ?

fingers crossed for Monday night  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

ncRover

• Forum Member
Notts County at 6/5 for a top half finish is wild. Not a chance they get that yet they are favoured over us, Tranmere, Harrogate and Accrington?!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012