Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:17:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy on Radio Sheffield  (Read 1465 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Billy on Radio Sheffield
« on July 07, 2010, 10:37:25 pm by RobTheRover »
Billy's interview with Seth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p008m8jf/Dean_Pepall_07_07_2010/

Starting at 1:07:25.  Very revealing about Billy's hopes for getting back on track with SUFC; he's very honest about things, like not believing in just sitting his contract out and \"not earning his money\". Very refreshing.  Also says SOD was a big factor in his decision to come.

Then go to 1:36:35.  Interview with JR. \"We couldnt offer the financial package that Burnley could, but football spoke the loudest\" - what an awesome quote!  

Seth : \"Burnley must hate you!\", JR : \"Well, I couldnt care less!\"  :woohoo:

JR Confirms that the fee from Billy was from outside SODs budget, so we still have other targets to go for.

Blackwell's comments at 1:47.00, if anyone cares what he thinks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re:Billy on Radio Sheffield
« Reply #1 on July 07, 2010, 10:46:35 pm by Jonathan »
Great stuff.

To be fair to Blackwell his comments are reasonable, although I don't agree with him that the weight of expectation got to Billy at Sheffield United, I think it was simply that he was used incorrectly.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 07, 2010, 11:09:39 pm by RobTheRover »
I think Stevie Wonder can see that, Jon.  It seems only Sackwell cant.

I agree his comments werent too bad.  It was actually rather nice of him to credit Billy for getting his career back on track with us - he didnt want any of the credit for agreeing to loan him out.

VikingJames

« Reply #3 on July 07, 2010, 11:47:59 pm by VikingJames »
Billy sounded like he needed to get that off his chest about the Blades, and once he had, he seemed intent to talk about his move here. I think he just needed to come clean and acknowledge that it wasn't going to work for him at Sheff United, and now it sounds as if he is raring to go here now he has thrown that particular monkey off his back.

As for Blackwell, his comments were alright by his standards. He was very honest about Billy, and genuinely sounded like he wanted him to do well here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012