Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:59:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club Shop  (Read 6008 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Club Shop
« on July 09, 2010, 11:28:00 pm by RobTheRover »
I called in today, and the new kit was on display.  

Very, very nice indeed, especially the new black shorts, which are the same Nike style as the current Netherlands shorts, with the white perforated stripe down the leg.  Also had the Moss Properties logo on the back of the right leg.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
Re:Club Shop
« Reply #1 on July 09, 2010, 11:37:30 pm by Woodhead Passer »
Do you know if there will be white shorts for changed strip? Prefer the white shorts to the black. Especially as there is no black on the top

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 09, 2010, 11:39:48 pm by RobTheRover »
Only black on display, and I've heard nothing more.

However, if the fabled away kit is \"Man City-esque\" then perhaps that has white shorts, and they are \"plain\" enough to mix and match?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 10, 2010, 01:40:52 am by RobTheRover »
Oh, and nowhere on the shirt does it say \"Rovers till I die\".  Well, not that I could see, anyway.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 10, 2010, 07:05:52 am by coventryrover »
Quite like black shorts with the hooped top.  Just looks that tad bit smarter than red or white shorts.

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 10, 2010, 02:20:32 pm by DRFCTom »
Ill deffinately be getting one of these tops  :cheer:

The last Rovers top I bought was the one we wore in our promotion season to the championship. Maybe a sign!?!?!  :P

VikingJames

« Reply #6 on July 10, 2010, 03:37:43 pm by VikingJames »
RobTheRover wrote:
Oh, and nowhere on the shirt does it say \"Rovers till I die\".  Well, not that I could see, anyway.

Good. I always thought that was a bit of an amateurish feature of the shirts.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 10, 2010, 03:59:58 pm by i_ateallthepies »
VikingJames wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:

Being the sceptical fcuker that I am, I always thought that the obvious misspelling \"till\" in the slogan must be intentional, (since you wouldn't expect a professional media department such as the Rovers have to make such a schoolboy error) till as in cash till as opposed to 'til, being the abreviation of until.  Mind you, judging by some of the spelling on here I'd guess there wont be that many ever noticed, and still fewer bothered.

Christ! roll on the new season!!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 10, 2010, 04:06:18 pm by RobTheRover »
Actually the 'til v till debate was done to death on here 6 years ago.

Andy Liney (who a handful on here will remember) investigated it and found that either spelling is accurate.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 10, 2010, 05:15:56 pm by Drover »
Yep,that thread was longer than the Billy Sharp threads

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 10, 2010, 06:20:16 pm by mushRTID »
VikingJames wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:

Agree with that, I always thought it looked cheesy and amateurish. Hated it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 10, 2010, 06:34:24 pm by silent majority »
Strange, but the friends of mine who support other clubs liked it, maybe its just us then!

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 10, 2010, 06:37:43 pm by BLIR »
Are the shirts on sale yet? If not, anyone got any idea when they do?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 10, 2010, 07:04:12 pm by RoversAlias »
Blah...I was hoping we'd ditched the black shorts! Oh well, the shirt still looks quite nice...hopefully it won't be too long before it's on sale.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 10, 2010, 07:39:26 pm by philsky »
Interesting comment from JR which I reckon has a rovers til i die feel; he mentioned that we are no longer a pub team having a laugh.

With the squad we have and the ambition of the club i think we have cranked it up again and some of the old trappings maybe just dont reflect where we are on our journey.

For me, always RTID but now its SERIOUS.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 10, 2010, 09:46:19 pm by hoolahoop »
philsky wrote:
Interesting comment from JR which I reckon has a rovers til i die feel; he mentioned that we are no longer a pub team having a laugh.

With the squad we have and the ambition of the club i think we have cranked it up again and some of the old trappings maybe just dont reflect where we are on our journey.

For me, always RTID but now its SERIOUS.

OK then we can have ''Seriously Rovers 'till/'til/until I die'' on the XXL shirts.  :)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 11, 2010, 11:37:49 am by rover-n-out »
I was in Chesterfield last night and spotted a vertical blue and white sriped shirt with the white square blocking on the back, same as ours will have.
There was no name and number on it and to be honest it looked bloody awful with that great empty white space on it.
As has been said before, I hope they produce a shirt with continuous hoops around the back, as not everybody will want a name and number on their shirt. Doubt it though.!

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 12, 2010, 09:11:05 am by RedRover45 »
BLIR wrote:
Are the shirts on sale yet? If not, anyone got any idea when they do?

10am on Tues July 27th. Probably sold out by the WBA game that night.  :)

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 12, 2010, 09:32:53 am by Adam »
RobTheRover wrote:

Andy Liney (who a handful on here will remember) investigated it and found that either spelling is accurate.

More 2 years than 6 years, even I remember that tiring thread.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 12, 2010, 12:25:39 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
It actually does the rounds every couple of years, Adam, and seems to take an eternity to disappear from the page

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 12, 2010, 12:59:51 pm by DubaiRover »
so what is the correct spelling? :silly:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 12, 2010, 01:11:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
On the pub team thing, I also heard the players aren't a big fan of us taking that approach and that the club want to get away from that kind of ethos, shame really, it's done us well.

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 12, 2010, 01:14:13 pm by irishcontingent »
From the word \"till\" on dictionary.com
Usage Note: Till and until are generally interchangeable in both writing and speech, though as the first word in a sentence until is usually preferred: Until you get that paper written, don't even think about going to the movies. ·Till is actually the older word, with until having been formed by the addition to it of the prefix un-, meaning “up to.” In the 18th century the spelling 'till became fashionable, as if till were a shortened form of until. Although 'till is now nonstandard, 'til is sometimes used in this way and is considered acceptable, though it is etymologically incorrect.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 12, 2010, 04:14:10 pm by graingrover »
never saw the long long thread .. but it is 'until' or 'till' according to Websters' .

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 12, 2010, 05:51:20 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Adam wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:

I wasn't on here six (or even two) years ago, but it sure must have got under a few people's skin.  I wont mention it again fellas.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 12, 2010, 06:03:47 pm by Drover »
i_ateallthepies wrote:
Adam wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:

I wasn't on here six (or even two) years ago, but it sure must have got under a few people's skin.  I wont mention it again fellas.

Thats alright until someone else mentions it! Or should I say till someone else or til someone else?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 13, 2010, 07:31:55 am by coventryrover »
I thought it was, and is, still applicable.  Its our ethos like Wimbledon had that crazy gang spirit.

Plus it's only meant lightheartedly as a lot of our rivals are in total shock that we are in the same league as them and beat them:)

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 13, 2010, 08:30:24 am by Rios »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
On the pub team thing, I also heard the players aren't a big fan of us taking that approach and that the club want to get away from that kind of ethos, shame really, it's done us well.

To be honest I've never really cared what any of the players down the years have thought of the club.  99% of them will move on to other teams while I'll still be here and it's not an image that the club has ever projected or been involved in anyway.  The \"pub team having a laugh\" was coined by a fan (Sturdy?) and pushed along by the fans in that first year out of the conference when the likes of Bristol Rovers fans were being particularly disrespectful towards us.  It's not something that needs an official endorsement from the club or plastering all over the back of the shirt and the fact that some of you seem quite happy to abandon any sort of unique identity just because the players are a bit miffed is a bit disheartening.

As for it being embarrasing... it wouldn't be if you didn't take it/yourself/the club so seriously.  The fact is that most of the teams in this division look down on us and Scunny, etc. Go on any of the championship forums, look for the Billy Sharp thread and there will be comments along the lines of \"what's he gone there for?\" and \"just shows his lack of ambition going to a club like that\".  If you think other (well most, there are always exceptions) fans in this division see us as equals then you're very much mistaken.

I don't see any reason to give it up and the fact that the club want to step away from it makes me all the more convinced that we should stick with it.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 13, 2010, 04:43:17 pm by RobTheRover »
Rios wrote:
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:

To be honest I've never really cared what any of the players down the years have thought of the club.  99% of them will move on to other teams while I'll still be here and it's not an image that the club has ever projected or been involved in anyway.  The \"pub team having a laugh\" was coined by a fan (Sturdy?) and pushed along by the fans in that first year out of the conference when the likes of Bristol Rovers fans were being particularly disrespectful towards us.  It's not something that needs an official endorsement from the club or plastering all over the back of the shirt and the fact that some of you seem quite happy to abandon any sort of unique identity just because the players are a bit miffed is a bit disheartening.

As for it being embarrasing... it wouldn't be if you didn't take it/yourself/the club so seriously.  The fact is that most of the teams in this division look down on us and Scunny, etc. Go on any of the championship forums, look for the Billy Sharp thread and there will be comments along the lines of \"what's he gone there for?\" and \"just shows his lack of ambition going to a club like that\".  If you think other (well most, there are always exceptions) fans in this division see us as equals then you're very much mistaken.

I don't see any reason to give it up and the fact that the club want to step away from it makes me all the more convinced that we should stick with it.

Agree 100% with that.  It all started due to fans (and certain managers) of other teams looking down their noses at us.  The absolute cherry on the top is that we are now above an awful lot of those clubs in the footy hierarchy!  I'll never forget the Oxford fans on the forum after we beat them at BV in 2003 giving it the \"we shouldnt be losing to teams like Doncaster!\" line, which became copied by many more in the 7 following years.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012