Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:11:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A suitable tribute to commemorate ....  (Read 1052 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
A suitable tribute to commemorate ....
« on April 24, 2024, 05:22:56 pm by Donnywolf »
..... this run of 10 wins in a row

Ok I know it could go higher hopefully  BUT wherever it goes and however it ends all those involved in any way , anyone who has contributed to the Players great to see renaissance should be proud of themselves

Let's put this in perspective. 10.wins in a row equals the history making Team of 1946/47 who set a record in the era of 2 Points for a win of 72 Points. They lost only 3 League games in the entire Season and had consecutive wins of 5, 6 and finally 10 in a row

In contrast we know this record equalling Team was not as good as that even up to quite recently but to me that makes what they have done even more special as they had a complete revolution in form , attitude and appreciably better skills and mindset

So I would like the Club to commemorate this remarkable run in some way , maybe many ways so it is forever remembered

I am sure the Club will be waiting to see where the Team goes from here before marking what for me is a very significant piece of history "won" by these Players , Coaches , Physios etc etc before deciding how to mark it

I DO hope so

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: A suitable tribute to commemorate ....
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2024, 05:36:15 pm by Campsall rover »

Ok I know it could go higher hopefully  BUT wherever it goes and however it ends all those involved in any way , anyone who has contributed to the Players great to see renaissance should be proud of themselves

Let's put this in perspective. 10.wins in a row equals the history making Team of 1946/47 who set a record in the era of 2 Points for a win of 72 Points. They lost only 3 League games in the entire Season and had consecutive wins of 5, 6 and finally 10 in a row

In contrast we know this record equalling Team was not as good as that even up to quite recently but to me that makes what they have done even more special as they had a complete revolution in form , attitude and appreciably better skills and mindset

So I would like the Club to commemorate this remarkable run in some way , maybe many ways so it is forever remembered

I am sure the Club will be waiting to see where the Team goes from here before marking what for me is a very significant piece of history "won" by these Players , Coaches , Physios etc etc before deciding how to mark it

I DO hope so
We have not finished yet. On Saturday hopefully we break the record.
If we do then definitely it needs commemorating.

Why have we had so little recognition from the National media?
Sky TV should be all over this. Did we get much of a mention last night?
Is it because it’s League 2 because I reckon if this had been done in the Championship they would have been all over it.
What have we got to do to get some serious plaudits. Has anyone ever gone from. 22nd to 5th in 17 games at the back end of a season & a game to play & win to cement 5th or a draw to guarantee 7th and a play off position.
I can’t remember anyone else ever doing this.  Has it been done?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2024, 06:05:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
Just imagine if it had been Wrexham.

OMG

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2024, 06:16:00 pm by Campsall rover »
Just imagine if it had been Wrexham.

OMG
Got it in one Alan.

We are just little old Donny with an owner who keeps well out of the limelight.
Think JR would have been banging on the media doors if he had been the owner/ Chairman

That’s no disrespect to TB whatsoever. Different personalities.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2024, 06:22:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I DO hope so

Is it because it’s League 2 because I reckon if this had been done in the Championship they would have been all over it.
What have we got to do to get some serious plaudits. Has anyone ever gone from. 22nd to 5th in 17 games at the back end of a season & a game to play & win to cement 5th or a draw to guarantee 7th and a play off position.

It will come. We know how obsessive the media are about the Premier League while the EFL struggles to get a look in but, there's lots of stories and headlines about promotions and relegation spots through the divisions but once they're sorted, there'll be more focus on the play offs and the background stories.

I'm sure we were sick hearing about Leeds all the time in 2008 and we only really pricked folks wider interest with the 5-1 over Southend, when perhaps we became the team most neutrals wanted to win at Wembley.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2024, 06:23:39 pm by PDX_Rover »
However, if you look on social media, BBC comments, other fans are paying Rovers compliments in droves. THAT'S what matters to me. There's a lot of love for us out there, I think driven by Wembley, Brentford etc. Real football fans, regardless of club, don't forget real achievements.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2024, 06:30:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
However, if you look on social media, BBC comments, other fans are paying Rovers compliments in droves. THAT'S what matters to me. There's a lot of love for us out there, I think driven by Wembley, Brentford etc. Real football fans, regardless of club, don't forget real achievements.

That's great to hear. Do you have any links?

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2024, 06:39:11 pm by RoversInSpain »
Really don’t care what other clubs fans think, it’s all very nice etc, but we need to close it out and get a promotion on the back of this absolutely fantastic run, then it’s time for all involved to take the plaudits
Absolutely fantastic run and promotion = unbelievable feeling and celebration
Absolutely fantastic run and no promotion = Gutted and still in league 2.

Feet on ground… Gillingham a must win for us.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2024, 06:41:20 pm by StocksArmy »
We are not here to make numbers up. Let's finish the job at Wembley and then celebrate.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 24, 2024, 06:44:39 pm by Spud »
I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of Wolfie celebrating in block 26, or berating the ref...

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 24, 2024, 06:45:35 pm by PDX_Rover »

That's great to hear. Do you have any links?

League 2 pages on Facebook, twitter, the comments section on BBC sport..., just stuff I came across in my feeds.For example:
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0QfMQjXp7vuNj6NhjTCmUYwqxrZ8Pm7xKX7Tfro5fy3kqDjXhcSE3rzGGe88VGoHwl&id=100071023223344&mibextid=cr9u03
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 07:07:42 pm by PDX_Rover »

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 24, 2024, 10:30:12 pm by redarmi66 »

I DO hope so

A Donny fan texted into talk sport this morning saying how they should spend a few minutes away from the premier league and discuss the remarkable run we are on…. Brazil and Mcoist pretty much dismissed it straight away and moved on to the next ‘Big Story’. By the way, they were happy to have the wrexham player on who is supposed to be in the next Ryan Reynolds movie!
No interest and no knowledge in the lower leagues unless its wrexham of course. 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 25, 2024, 06:52:50 am by Donnywolf »
I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of Wolfie celebrating in block 26, or berating the ref...

Would cost a packet . Think of all the time it would take to get all the wrinkles in accurately

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 25, 2024, 12:43:29 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I like us being ‘under the radar’.

We can ‘burst to the surface’ at Wembley.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012