Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:24:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Contract situations  (Read 1604 times)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
Contract situations
« on April 24, 2024, 09:33:48 pm by Ryaldinhio »
Seen on a few threads now talking about people signing or not, Haks, Moly, Biggo, Rowe etc.

It all seems very worried and negative about the situation.

Has no one thought maybe talks are being put off just because of what's going on right now? It isnt necessarily about a power play or getting leverage or seeing if we go up.

I have had contract discussions towards the end of projects and asked for them to be left until afterwards and that has never been a play, it has just been to concentrate on getting the job done and then we will sort next one.

Haks has been great here in this spell, I hope we sign him and I hope he carries on the same BUT if he didn't then I trust GM and his team to find the next Haks.

We got Molly from Pools, he won't have been on big money there and part of what is now the best team spirit he has ever seen (his interview couple week back) and playing with 3 or 4 NE lads.

I suspect both may sign, but if they don't I trust GM to find suitable replacements none of us were aware of.

Part of me has been thinking that maybe Molly had already signed weeks ago but the 'good news' was being held back because we don't need it right now, we have enough.

Anyway, let's just concentrate on the 1/3/4 games we have left then look about for signings!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Contract situations
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2024, 10:12:28 pm by drfchound »
Good post Ryan.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2024, 10:22:14 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Could it be because in 4 games time we could be a league one club expected/intending to pay players lg1 wages?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2024, 10:25:06 pm by drfchound »
Could it be because in 4 games time we could be a league one club expected/intending to pay players lg1 wages?

As a L1 club our expected income will be more than it is in L2 and more so if we get the extra local rival games.
Perhaps that will be taken into consideration as you suggest.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2024, 10:32:56 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Not worried about it.

Until 10 games ago I think the majority would have been ok with Biggins leaving, understood Haks not staying, accepted Molly could be replaced and thought Rowe shouldn’t be offered a deal.

Just as we shouldn’t overreact to poor form and sack everyone (as tempting a solution as it is) we shouldn’t go offering silly contracts on the back of this good form. Even if it’s spectacular form.

Get in L1 and it should be in the clubs hands to keep anyone you’d think. If not I trust us to replace which hasn’t been the case for a while. It’s now clear or better players are those signed recently so trust is starting to be justified.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 25, 2024, 06:55:22 am by Spud »
Cup of tea anyone?

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 25, 2024, 07:22:27 am by Paul Simpson »
Prefer a glass of champers on Saturday evening! Come on you reds!!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 25, 2024, 09:29:09 am by Metalmicky »

As a L1 club our expected income will be more than it is in L2 and more so if we get the extra local rival games.
Perhaps that will be taken into consideration as you suggest.

I don't think teams get any financial rewards for winning the Play-offs, but the uplift in cash from being promoted to league 1 is quite significant - about £250k (from memory) I think.  They would obviously also benefit from the 3 play-off matches being on TV, the tickets for those games and any merchandise sales involved - especially involving a trip to that big stadium in Londres.  There would also be benefits from the promotion bounce and an increase in crowds/season tickets for the new season etc.

So lots to consider before we negotiate on player contracts.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 25, 2024, 10:58:56 am by DearneValleyRover »
Maybe said players have been offered contracts and it is they who are holding off until they know which league we will be in next season?

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2024, 12:09:51 pm by Avsuptem »
Just a thought but wouldn't getting promoted put a massive hole in the budget for players ?

Presumably the squad are all on a promotion bonus payment and it seems unlikely that this cost was anticipated in January.

Hopefully revenues from the playoff games would help cover it.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 25, 2024, 05:52:11 pm by graingrover »
I feel calm about this situation .The reason is that for the first  time  for a long time the decision chain has firm links and there is only Terry , Gavin and Grant in the chain .They clearly communicate regularly with each other and have the same ambition to achieve Championship football again for the club .GM looks and sounds to be happy with the support and positivity he gets from the other two and he is very experienced at putting squads together .

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 25, 2024, 11:25:38 pm by Red wizard »
I'd wager you will make more money going up through the play offs than the prize money for winning l2. On football manager it's about 25k prize money I think. And that won't be far off real life.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012