Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 10:55:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One Direction......  (Read 5231 times)

vietaff

• Forum Member
One Direction......
« on August 10, 2012, 01:05:17 pm by vietaff »
and hopefully that's onwards and upwards this season.....however my point is based on the group.

Saw an article where Louis Tomlinson had bought his own football team, i clicked on the link thinking he may have invested in DRFC but it was his local Sunday League Team, and purchasing them a new kit.

As OD are one of the biggest male groups around at the minute and with the Ground soon to be DRFC's then why doesn't the club approach them about doing a concert at the KM (or a couple infact) Based on the previous musicians to have played there it seems natural....futhermore this would generate some 'coffers' for the fund and investment in DRFC. Just an idea but surely worth thinking about.

Louis Tomlinson playing a sell out gig in his hometown...sure he would love that headline!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: One Direction......
« Reply #1 on August 10, 2012, 01:17:56 pm by Filo »
As the saying goes, if you don`t ask, you don`t get, and they would certainly sell out the KM. Put them on a double bill with The Wanted and teenage girls would be clamouring for tickets

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 10, 2012, 01:22:38 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
As the saying goes, if you don`t ask, you don`t get, and they would certainly sell out the KM. Put them on a double bill with The Wanted and teenage girls would be clamouring for tickets

Good idea in principle, but just think of the 'mopping up' exercise required on the pitch afterwards  :ermm: :blush:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 10, 2012, 01:23:50 pm by Superspy »
indeed, wetter than the queue at whsmith for 50 shades of grey..

Bret

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 10, 2012, 01:25:46 pm by Bret »

June 2013. Perfect timing

Good idea in principle, but just think of the 'mopping up' exercise required on the pitch afterwards  :ermm: :blush:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 10, 2012, 01:27:09 pm by Filo »

It would save on the expense of having to use the sprinklers :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 10, 2012, 01:30:20 pm by RedJ »
Here's a thought - could we not get Louis (and maybe the others, probably a long shot) along to a game for HT?

Failing that (which is highly likely :laugh:), someone volunteer to dress up like a prat and pretend he can sing :laugh:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 10, 2012, 01:34:23 pm by MrFrost »
Forget the KMS as a concert venue.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 10, 2012, 01:43:30 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Good job the SMC won't be involved if it ever happened. They'd probably sell booze again to a bunch of 12 year olds who only need to hear the name 'One Direction' to get all wet and giddy.

Our teenage pregnancy rates would shoot up overnight.

vietaff

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 10, 2012, 01:46:31 pm by vietaff »

Im afraid the attendances this year mean its going to be hard for the Keepmoat to refuse any potential concerts. I understand your worries about the pitch etc, but lets be honest it would be great for DRFC to host top notch concerts and gain a fair bit of ££££ which goes directly to the club now.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 10, 2012, 01:48:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Much better idea than Westlife.

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 10, 2012, 01:53:27 pm by Derby Viking »
Didn't the Westlife and Elton John concerts lose money?

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 10, 2012, 02:02:26 pm by podrover73 »

How about a double bill with Gary Glitter?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 10, 2012, 02:03:34 pm by Filo »

Hello Gary!

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 10, 2012, 02:05:01 pm by podrover73 »
hel

Hello Gary!
hello kiddies

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 10, 2012, 02:31:41 pm by MrFrost »

Im afraid the attendances this year mean its going to be hard for the Keepmoat to refuse any potential concerts. I understand your worries about the pitch etc, but lets be honest it would be great for DRFC to host top notch concerts and gain a fair bit of ££££ which goes directly to the club now.

No, my point is, most respected events companies won't touch the KMS with a barge pole. The events it has hosted so far (barring Elton John) have been a complete disaster. A good friend of mine works for SJM and has recently organised concerts for the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Stone Roses and Muse. I have spoke to him about the viability of the KMS as a mainstream concert venue, but apart from a one off event once every blue moon, it wouldn't be considered by most events organisers.

Main issue is capacity. It is too small for acts like the ones I have mentioned above, and probably too big (as proved) for the likes of Mcfly etc.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 10, 2012, 04:51:32 pm by RobTheRover »
Aren't Muse playing Sheffield Arena later in the year?  That holds less than the KMS.

I take your point about the size and matching it to demand,  though,  Simon. One direction are playing Sheffield Arena next April,  and tickets for that sold out in minutes (I should know,  my daughter got 4). A bigger venue for them,  like the KMS,  could be a goer.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 10, 2012, 05:06:34 pm by MrFrost »
Aren't Muse playing Sheffield Arena later in the year?  That holds less than the KMS.

I take your point about the size and matching it to demand,  though,  Simon. One direction are playing Sheffield Arena next April,  and tickets for that sold out in minutes (I should know,  my daughter got 4). A bigger venue for them,  like the KMS,  could be a goer.

Arena's and stadiums are completely different, you cannot compare them. You would never have a band like Muse playing a small stadium like the KMS, not when they can sell out Wembley several nights in a row.

As far acts like One Direction, again if they were going to play a stadium, it wouldn't be the KMS. It would be an established venue with a good rep for staging such events.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:11:28 pm by MrFrost »

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 10, 2012, 07:01:53 pm by Viking Don »
Muse are playing the MEN  arena not Sheffield, it holds far more and is indoors.

It's also £75 a ticket plus booking fees, the rip off bas**rds.

As for One Direction, I'd pay £75 to see em mutilated.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:04:16 pm by Viking Don »

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 10, 2012, 07:12:06 pm by jonnydog »
Muse are playing the MEN  arena not Sheffield, it holds far more and is indoors.

It's also £75 a ticket plus booking fees, the rip off bas**rds.

As for One Direction, I'd pay £75 to see em mutilated.

That, that there... THAT'S what makes you beautiful!! :lol:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 11, 2012, 02:12:24 am by RoversAlias »
You know it's desperate times when the fans get their heads together and decide that to make money we should harness the popularity of One Direction.

I should have just taken it upon myself to strangle Louis Tomlinson before any of this started whenever I walked past him at school :lol:

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 11, 2012, 07:53:56 am by Muttley »
Seeing as he wore a Manchester United shirt when he played 5-a-side at the Keepmoat, I doubt he gives a flying f**k about Rovers.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 11, 2012, 11:11:32 am by andysly »
Did I read the OP correctly when One Direction were referred to as musicians?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012