Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 09:57:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last Day - Blues or Donny?  (Read 3123 times)

Bluenose B

Last Day - Blues or Donny?
« on April 30, 2014, 05:13:28 pm by Bluenose B »
Blues fan here in peace.

Lot of negativity from our lot (understandably) ahead of Saturday, wondered what the concensus was up north?

Personally, can't see us getting a point anywhere, regardless of form or league position. Reckon you might get a point at Leicester and us to lose 2 - 0...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

atick45

• Forum Member
Re: Last Day - Blues or Donny?
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2014, 05:25:54 pm by atick45 »
Think we will both lose ,which will save us I hope  :scarf: Lets both hope for a better year next season

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2014, 05:28:33 pm by idler »
There's not much hope here either at the minute.
Seems like mission impossible for both sides. It will certainly be a very Nervous Saturday for a lot of folk.
We don't pose much of a threat going forward and it's odds on we'll concede at some stage.
 Our only consolation is that you must get at least a point to overtake us, I won't be surprised if you do because of your away form.
One thing for sure it's unlikely that we will meet in the Leaugue next season however results go.
 May the best team win (or not lose)  :scarf:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2014, 05:41:33 pm by IDM »
Blues fan here in peace.

Lot of negativity from our lot (understandably) ahead of Saturday, wondered what the concensus was up north?

Personally, can't see us getting a point anywhere, regardless of form or league position. Reckon you might get a point at Leicester and us to lose 2 - 0...

I was at St Andrews last night, as I had been nearby on business.  I must say, the £10 ticket offer was great.  Also, the home fans were in good voice, and despite Wigan dominating the first hour, Birmingham finished strongly and started to create chances.

As a Doncaster fan, naturally I was happy to see Wigan deny Birmingham any points.  Realistically one of us will go down, but then again if we can get a draw and Millwall lose by 2, then you have a chance with a draw too!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2014, 06:15:54 pm by The Red Baron »
Not quite. Blues trail Millwall by two points so they would need a win to overtake them. A Millwall draw would be OK for them then because of their superior goal difference.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2014, 06:53:32 pm by IDM »
Sorry, yes, a Brum win to overtake Millwall - the point I was trying to make was it isn't just us and Brum in danger.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2014, 07:34:19 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Well bluenose.
I hope we both win and Milwall go down

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2014, 07:43:35 pm by andysly »
As above

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2014, 07:55:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A draw for us, a win for Brum and a 2 nil loss for Wall will do it for us won't it?

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 30, 2014, 07:58:56 pm by 1879Rovers »
Only thing that worries me is Birmingham have been better away from home so they probably go into away games in more hope than home games.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2014, 11:23:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Only thing that worries me is Birmingham have been better away from home so they probably go into away games in more hope than home games.

True, but don't get carried away by their away form. In the last 4 months, they have played ten away games. They've beaten 4 relegation candidates (us, Charlton, Millwall, Blackpool). They've lost the other 6 games.

Birmingham have been the second worst team in this division since the New Year. They have picked up 15 points in the last 22 matches since the New Year. Only Blackpool (14 points) have done worse. By comparison with the others who have been in the relegation scrap, we've picked up 23 points in the same 22 matches, Barnsley have 23 points, Yeovil 20, Millwall 23, and Charlton 25.

If it wasn't for Blackpool's excellent first quarter of the season, and Birmingham's passable first half, both would be down now. Blackpool have gritted it out by a couple of points in the end.  Birmingham may yet be on the way to their Nemesis.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 01, 2014, 09:50:35 am by Donnywolf »
I'm covering my ears like a kid
 When your words mean nothing, I go la la la
 I'm turning up the volume when you speak
 'Cause if my heart can't stop it,
 I find a way to block it, I go
 La la, la la la la la na na na na na
 La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na,
 I find a way to block it, I go
 La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na

My way of "coping" and its only Thursday

Maybe I should just stop reading the Forum for a few days

Bluenose B

« Reply #12 on May 01, 2014, 11:48:24 am by Bluenose B »

True, but don't get carried away by their away form. In the last 4 months, they have played ten away games. They've beaten 4 relegation candidates (us, Charlton, Millwall, Blackpool). They've lost the other 6 games.

This is unfortunately a very pertinent observation. We have been pretty dreadful home and away for awhile, can't defend for toffee, and have a manager who has a roulette wheel approach to squad selection. We'll play robinson and Mullins CB against Wigan, so he can achieve worlds slowest defense.

I'd love to send Miwaw down ahead of Donny.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2014, 12:00:48 pm by RobTheRover »
I think most of us would too

Bluenose B

« Reply #14 on May 01, 2014, 12:18:44 pm by Bluenose B »

This is unfortunately a very pertinent observation. We have been pretty dreadful home and away for awhile, can't defend for toffee, and have a manager who has a roulette wheel approach to squad selection. We'll play robinson and Mullins CB against Bolton, so he can achieve worlds slowest defense.

I'd love to send Miwaw down ahead of Donny.

Fixed.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 01, 2014, 12:23:51 pm by colfromdonny »
Being a closet Villa fan I hope the blues go down, sorry

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 01, 2014, 04:53:19 pm by Donnywolf »
Being a closet Villa fan I hope the blues go down, sorry

Mt mate knows Lee Clarke ... so I said for a joke ... can you ring him and say he is up for the sack anyway (almost certain) so why not get his revenge on Brum for sacking him by playing his weakest 11 against Bolton on Saturday. Sorted

(No reply as yet)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012