Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:23:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crewe away Tickets  (Read 11793 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Crewe away Tickets
« Reply #90 on April 30, 2024, 09:49:23 am by normal rules »
571 tickets left , with two blocks still unopened. This will at least make sth sale. I suspect general sale might be a stretch. Rail strikes and televised May put a few off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on April 30, 2024, 10:00:27 am by donnievic »
There isn’t any rail strikes or not from donny to Crewe  anyway

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on April 30, 2024, 10:06:00 am by philsky »
571 tickets left , with two blocks still unopened. This will at least make sth sale. I suspect general sale might be a stretch. Rail strikes and televised May put a few off.

Whatever it takes - just need the two - general sale !

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on April 30, 2024, 10:35:57 am by GazLaz »

Whatever it takes - just need the two - general sale !

Looks like potentially 1000-1100 tickets going to STHs that haven’t amassed to 35+ points. Going to be touch and go. Can’t remember a game never going to general sale though.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on April 30, 2024, 10:45:31 am by anton123 »
Don’t think it will make 9am phone sales tomorrow if I’m honest

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on April 30, 2024, 11:25:21 am by TonySoprano »
Are the tickets going on sale at 9am tomorrow for season ticket holders, or from midnight ?
It's not clear on the website

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on April 30, 2024, 11:33:56 am by anton123 »
My guess is midnight

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 30, 2024, 01:55:21 pm by bpoolrover »
there are still 1k left as of now

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on April 30, 2024, 02:33:14 pm by Nudga »
there are still 1k left as of now

So 600 - 700 sold to ST holders on points system already.
Not looking good for other memberships on Thursday let alone general sale

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on April 30, 2024, 02:38:14 pm by karldew »
My calculations are that we’ve sold 323 so far, out of the 907 on sale, with 2 more blocks (400/500) to be released. Not sure if we might get some of another stand looking at the numbers?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on April 30, 2024, 02:42:17 pm by GazLaz »
My calculations are that we’ve sold 323 so far, out of the 907 on sale, with 2 more blocks (400/500) to be released. Not sure if we might get some of another stand looking at the numbers?

Nearer 450 sold I think.

Dazator

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 30, 2024, 02:44:37 pm by Dazator »
Are the tickets going on sale at 9am tomorrow for season ticket holders, or from midnight ?
It's not clear on the website
I saw it mentions phone lines and box office as the same times on the home tickets article today. So does that mean online sales will start the same time as phone sales? I guess someone will be staying up till midnight to check tonight

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 30, 2024, 02:48:32 pm by Nudga »
My new plan is to buy my 16 Yr old son his ticket tomorrow as he's a season ticket holder and take him even if I can't get a ticket.
So I'll either try and scrounge a last minute ticket or put hi-viz coat on and try to get in as a steward.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on April 30, 2024, 02:54:33 pm by pib »
I make it around 480 sold, of the 1000ish that have gone on sale, with another two blocks not made available yet that will presumably make up the other 600-700 tickets.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 30, 2024, 03:27:59 pm by philsky »
My new plan is to buy my 16 Yr old son his ticket tomorrow as he's a season ticket holder and take him even if I can't get a ticket.
So I'll either try and scrounge a last minute ticket or put hi-viz coat on and try to get in as a steward.

I think you'll need someone also in a high vis to take care of health and safety
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 04:01:28 pm by philsky »

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on April 30, 2024, 03:45:17 pm by sf9944 »
Today’s tickets for35+ points people didn’t go on sale at midnight. Weren’t available to buy until 9am

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on April 30, 2024, 03:59:33 pm by Draytonian III »
When I rung for mine I asked about collecting it at Crewe but because of my DN postcode I’ve got to collect it at the ground even though I live well away from Doncaster. The DN postcode is one of the biggest in England !!!

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on April 30, 2024, 05:41:34 pm by Iberian Red »

Give it a go!
A French friend did similar in the 98 world cup. He applied for tickets for all the games in Marseille,got a job as a steward,got and generously gave the tickets for the Marseille gales to me. I got to see the great Bergkamp goal against Argentina. On the day of the final he tried his luck in stewards gear,got turned away,tried another entrance and got in. Changed clothes and sat between 2 seats and watched the final.
Blag it

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on April 30, 2024, 05:55:27 pm by Nudga »

Give it a go!
A French friend did similar in the 98 world cup. He applied for tickets for all the games in Marseille,got a job as a steward,got and generously gave the tickets for the Marseille gales to me. I got to see the great Bergkamp goal against Argentina. On the day of the final he tried his luck in stewards gear,got turned away,tried another entrance and got in. Changed clothes and sat between 2 seats and watched the final.
Blag it

I've actually Google earthed Crewe stadium to look for "soft" entry points, vizi jacket on and slide in.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on April 30, 2024, 06:07:35 pm by Muttley »
A Celtic fan couldn't get a ticket to a sold out game at Ibrox so he applied for a job with the catering company, turned up for his shift then sloped off into the stands.  :lol:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on April 30, 2024, 06:33:50 pm by GazLaz »
Are 1600 STH going to buy tickets with the home leg to pay for and potentially a costly trip to London to come this month? Maybe not.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on April 30, 2024, 06:41:13 pm by johnny rovers »

Give it a go!
Blag it

I've actually Google earthed Crewe stadium to look for "soft" entry points, vizi jacket on and slide in.

Whatever you do, don't go in from the railway. Your likely to be squashed by a freight train.

Ye-Aul-Tavern

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on April 30, 2024, 07:09:49 pm by Ye-Aul-Tavern »
A Celtic fan couldn't get a ticket to a sold out game at Ibrox so he applied for a job with the catering company, turned up for his shift then sloped off into the stands.  :lol:

My other team Shamrock Rovers drew AC Milan in the Europa League during the COVID pandemic so it was a behind closed doors game. One lad showed up at the ground in the morning in a hi Vis looking like a steward and managed to get in, hung around under stand on the far side of the main entrance where there isn't much movement all day and stepped out in to the stand just before kick off looking like one of the few chosen volunteers who were picked essentially as ball boys for the game.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on April 30, 2024, 07:53:36 pm by Campsall rover »
If the total of those over 35 and 40 points is over 1694 then it’s fair enough, they haven’t got time to phase it over any more days

It should be over 35 on day one and over 30 on day two in my opinion. I bet there’s hardly any on 40+ to warrant a day for them only.
I think you will be surprised how many will have over 40 points.  I have got 53 points. 58 I think is the maximum.
I missed 3 away league games, one away BSM cup game and 1 away FA Cup game.

I know quite a number who have more points than me never mind just 40 points or more.
I would guess there are between 800 and 1000 people with over 40 points. Now that’s just my estimate & I could be completely wrong of course.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on April 30, 2024, 07:58:45 pm by Campsall rover »
Is it allocated seating?

Is any game allocated any more? It might say it is but I can’t remember the last game I sat in my allocated seat. I normally arrive not long before KO and the normal message is “sit where you want”
If it’s sold out or nearly sold out then it should be allocated seats or it causes big problems for people wanting to sit together and what’s the point of picking your seats on line if they are taken by someone else when you get into the ground.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on April 30, 2024, 08:00:47 pm by drfchound »
I can’t remember the last time I sat in the seat number on my ticket at an away game.
I did at Wembley but that was a neutral venue.

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on April 30, 2024, 08:05:40 pm by Plumbster »
I would have thought very few people of 35+ points would not buy a ticket for this unless they are on hols, ill or working.  By definition they are our most loyal fans and have persevered through the rough as well as the smooth so surely they will go to a huge game like this.  It will be interesting to see how many tickets are left after today.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on April 30, 2024, 08:38:50 pm by normal rules »
I’ve resigned myself to the fact that this won’t make gen sale and as such my lad an I won’t be going.

Here’s a thing though, and it will be controversial for some maybe, but I think there is a valid point here. Some may agree, some may not.
My dad and brother have season tickets. Myself and my youngest son who follow rovers don’t. I live away, as does youngest son. We get to games home and away when we can.
Dad and brother live in Edenthorpe so getting to home games is easy for them.
My brother ( normal adult ticket) is getting a ticket for Crewe. He hopes to get one tomorrow .
My dad is in his mid 70’s ( senior sth)  He doesn’t want to go, and will watch it instead on tv. He is not keen on away games.
His senior season ticket only allows for a senior ticket for Crewe. I think the club are missing a trick here. Why oh why can’t the club sell my dad a ticket for his grandson, or indeed his son (me) if he wishes? He has earned the right to do this surely? He would be very happy for this to happen and therefore further bolstering his continuing season ticket purchasing.  But he can’t.
His grandson is now 26, but if he was younger, say 14, it would be a nice thing to be able to transfer you ticket to someone in the family wouldn’t it?
Something for the club to consider in future perhaps ? And it would be with the caveat that they are on the database. Which our whole family is .

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on April 30, 2024, 09:24:37 pm by Red wizard »
Mate they won't check the ticket at crewe. If they do play dum and say it should be adult or kids. They won't turn you away. They don't even look at tickets tbf.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on April 30, 2024, 09:48:03 pm by roversdude »
That’s true

TinyPortal © 2005-2012