Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:11:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ineptitude of the commercial department - again  (Read 2090 times)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
Ineptitude of the commercial department - again
« on December 19, 2011, 03:22:17 pm by drfcsteve »
I know this has been done to death but why aren't they learning!

Just got an email all about the Notts County F.A Cup game, what does the subject of the email say?

\"Carling Cup : Doncaster Rovers v Leeds United\"

:headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Ineptitude of the commercial department - again
« Reply #1 on December 19, 2011, 03:24:07 pm by DonnyNoel »
Yeh I just got the same email :(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 19, 2011, 03:53:09 pm by Filo »
Yep i got it as well, it`s not the first time they`ve done this as well!

they`ve now sent the email out again with the correct heading, no doubt after reading this forum and finding out they`ve dropped a bollock AGAIN!

what did Saunders say? \"tell em once, tell em again, and if they don`t take it in a third time, get rid!\" These people at the commercial dept are stealing a wage and dragging the club down, will JR ever do something about it? :facepalm:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 19, 2011, 03:57:22 pm by glosterred »
I got it as well shortly followed by the corrected email - it might have said Leeds Carling cup game but it actually talked about the Notts County FA Cup game. Obviously trying to do things to quickly and not getting your work proof read before you send it.

:scarf:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 19, 2011, 04:01:18 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"glosterred\" post=205733
I got it as well shortly followed by the corrected email - it might have said Leeds Carling cup game but it actually talked about the Notts County FA Cup game. Obviously trying to do things to quickly and not getting your work proof read before you send it.

:scarf:

The thing is, they`ve made the exact same mistake in the past, they are not learning from them, lack of attention to detail, it`s criminal!

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 19, 2011, 04:18:42 pm by drfcsteve »
When I send an email at work I proof read it even if it's just going to a colleague, I don't understand how they have the nerve to send out emails to thousands of people without even bothering to check them, hopefully the person responsible is getting an almighty bollocking off their manager right now, I can't see it though.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 19, 2011, 04:22:35 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"drfcsteve\" post=205739
When I send an email at work I proof read it even if it's just going to a colleague, I don't understand how they have the nerve to send out emails to thousands of people without even bothering to check them, hopefully the person responsible is getting an almighty bollocking off their manager right now, I can't see it though.

A word of advice seeing as you are having a go at others. Never proof read your own work. You don't always spot your own mistakes.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 19, 2011, 05:00:35 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=205741

A word of advice seeing as you are having a go at others. Never proof read your own work. You don't always spot your own mistakes.

A very good point Wellred, and I agree with you when referring to things like spelling and punctuation, but surely to god you'd expect somebody to spot the fact that the team we're playing is wrong? haha

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 19, 2011, 07:15:29 pm by benaldo »
When you talk to some of the people in the \"commercial department\" (and I've spoken face to face with most of them I think), they don't, with all respect, come across as the most dynamic team of sales executives in the world......

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 19, 2011, 07:25:41 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I think the biggest bollock dropped ever must be in the town of my birth - Swansea

Know what you are writing......

Even DRFC would have trouble beating that..........

B****R - link problems - how ironic :cry:

Finally got there.....:suicide:

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 19, 2011, 08:16:55 pm by drfcsteve »

Come on Wellred, they got the wrong team and the wrong competition, I'm pretty sure if they'd just bothered to look at it instead of being lazy and (presumably) using the template for the Leeds game back in August, they would have corrected it before it was sent to god knows how many people. These people are the face of DRFC and they make us look stupid sometimes.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 19, 2011, 09:54:15 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"drfcsteve\" post=205801

Come on Wellred, they got the wrong team and the wrong competition, I'm pretty sure if they'd just bothered to look at it instead of being lazy and (presumably) using the template for the Leeds game back in August, they would have corrected it before it was sent to god knows how many people. These people are the face of DRFC and they make us look stupid sometimes.

I wasnt trying to support them, just giving you a tip to not proof read your own work.

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 19, 2011, 10:45:00 pm by bradford exile »
Not only do they make mistakes..they don't even listen to requests to change e-mail addresses.

My e-mails from the commercial dept are still going to my works e-mail. I have spoken to them on several occassions to get them to change it (I'm not really allowed to recieve personal stuff anymore) but do they take any notice. Do they hell as like.

Rant over

Regards

Ray

PS if anyone is reading this from the commercial department please note my e-mail address is

raymond.jest@gmail.com

TinyPortal © 2005-2012