Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:56:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Swansea Ticket Sales  (Read 54703 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:Swansea Ticket Sales
« Reply #60 on November 15, 2010, 10:32:58 pm by MrFrost »
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
As I've said before, I don't think the online seat graphic is reliable. I've looked before and a certain block has been sold out, but when I've called the ticket office they have offered me seats in that area and I had a choice of quite a few seats.

They use the same system in the ticket office. When I picked my seats for the Swansea game, she showed me the screen and it was the exact same system.

I don't see any reasoning as to why it wouldn't be reliable, as it would defeat the object of such a system.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 15, 2010, 10:36:42 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Ignore him Frosty pal think he likes an issue that one!
No surprises if he is pulling the strings from ER!!!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 15, 2010, 10:40:22 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
MrFrost wrote:
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
As I've said before, I don't think the online seat graphic is reliable. I've looked before and a certain block has been sold out, but when I've called the ticket office they have offered me seats in that area and I had a choice of quite a few seats.

They use the same system in the ticket office. When I picked my seats for the Swansea game, she showed me the screen and it was the exact same system.

I don't see any reasoning as to why it wouldn't be reliable, as it would defeat the object of such a system.

I could be wrong. And you're right, it wouldn't make sense, but maybe there is a reason for it we don't understand.

I asked the ticket office why I couldn't pick the seats online when they were available over the phone and the reply was very vague, I can't remember the exact answer...\"we don't put them all out\", or something like that.

Maybe Tracey can put us right on this?

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 15, 2010, 10:47:42 pm by Boyhood dreams »
MrFrost wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Well guys cant fill this one out then may as well not bother....remember we once got £11k plus when we went up in old 4th (York)!!!
Sorry but the time is now and I thi :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :) nk the public are so far responding!!!!
Nearly 10k already so why not fill the entire Donny end out !!! Totally brill! :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)                  :)

Can you rephrase that, it made no sense.

And if we do sell the home end, its hardly a means to an end. The club would make more with an half empty stadium and higher prices?

I think you have complete missed the point of why the club are doing this.

Because the fans or the vsc pushed for it? Theyve done two - three good offers, lets see what happens next season.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 15, 2010, 11:14:00 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Your silly and your a leeds fan simples!

Boyhood dreams wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Well guys cant fill this one out then may as well not bother....remember we once got £11k plus when we went up in old 4th (York)!!!
Sorry but the time is now and I thi :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :) nk the public are so far responding!!!!
Nearly 10k already so why not fill the entire Donny end out !!! Totally brill! :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)                  :)

Can you rephrase that, it made no sense.

And if we do sell the home end, its hardly a means to an end. The club would make more with an half empty stadium and higher prices?

I think you have complete missed the point of why the club are doing this.

Because the fans or the vsc pushed for it? Theyve done two - three good offers, lets see what happens next season.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 15, 2010, 11:47:57 pm by MrFrost »
On second thoughts, the online graphic may be misleading, as the entire stadium is now showing as sold out. Either that or we have sold 700 tickets online in the last 2 hours.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on November 15, 2010, 11:52:20 pm by Superspy »
i think they must be messing around with it at the minute frosty because it wont even load for me.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 15, 2010, 11:59:57 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Looks like we've sold out the next five home games.

Good job everyone. Now how about another tier on the East Stand? Gartom?  :laugh:

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 16, 2010, 12:14:30 pm by Drover »
Been ticket office this morning,got two extra relatives to go on top of the normal three of us that go.Being pushing the word everywhere,some humming n arrring and some saying they might go with the price reduction.Looking at the ticket office screen it looked like Only odds n sod's dotted round the west stand left,South stand best options for groups now.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on November 16, 2010, 12:44:22 pm by Filo »
Latest ticket info 9391 +403

Do the swansea lot know about the offer, has it been put on their website?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 16, 2010, 12:51:04 pm by Filo »
Filo wrote:

On the ticket section of Swansea`s website
Doncaster Rovers - November 20
Posted on: Thu 28 Oct 2010

Doncaster Rovers v Swansea City

npower Championship @ Keepmoat Stadium
Saturday November 20, 2010 (3pm)

The Swans have been allocated 1,006 tickets for the game at the Keepmoat at a reduced rate.

CLICK HERE FOR OUR DONCASTER ROVERS TRAVEL GUIDE

Ticket Prices:

Adults: £10
Under-20: £1

Disabled tickets are priced at £10 with a free carer (higher disability). There are nine pairs of wheelchair tickets available.

Just checked and it`s on their ticketing page, maybe we should request it be put on their headline page and the mistake to be corrected to 20year old and under £1

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on November 16, 2010, 12:51:46 pm by Muttley »
Filo wrote:

It's on their official site, allocation of 1,006.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on November 16, 2010, 01:01:49 pm by RobTheRover »
Filo wrote:
Filo wrote:

On the ticket section of Swansea`s website
Doncaster Rovers - November 20
Posted on: Thu 28 Oct 2010

Doncaster Rovers v Swansea City

npower Championship @ Keepmoat Stadium
Saturday November 20, 2010 (3pm)

The Swans have been allocated 1,006 tickets for the game at the Keepmoat at a reduced rate.

CLICK HERE FOR OUR DONCASTER ROVERS TRAVEL GUIDE

Ticket Prices:

Adults: £10
Under-20: £1

Disabled tickets are priced at £10 with a free carer (higher disability). There are nine pairs of wheelchair tickets available.

Just checked and it`s on their ticketing page, maybe we should request it be put on their headline page and the mistake to be corrected to 20year old and under £1

I've put it on their forum too.  Their response has been very positive, with some now making a weekender of it.

neil grainger

« Reply #73 on November 16, 2010, 01:07:32 pm by neil grainger »
Tell you what guys 'n galls, it's a bloody pleasure to read the posts on this thread (or at least, most of them...)

The enthusiasm just shines out like a beacon. What a stirling effort to get some extra bums on seats.

And as Rob says, this is shaping up to be further proof that if the price is right, they will come.
I know the club can't possibly repeat offers like this too often, but there is a message here, loud and clear.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on November 16, 2010, 03:00:10 pm by benaldo »
Its going to be great to have the ground full, and I don't want to sound like a sourpuss, but it's a completely false situation. The ticket prices will go back to the normal levels after this. I hope the \"new\" fans from saturdays game decide watching rovers is worth the \"real\" ticket prices, but I doubt it will make much of a difference. The \"wobblers\" aren't that bothered at the moment or they'd be at the KM every week.

It's a good idea to do this, but I think we're kidding ourselves that this will save the falling attendances. Most of the reasons why people aren't coming go beyond the fact they don't know we play good football, it's the recession/not that many people actually support rovers/the overall \"usual\" cost of going to a game, and football in the lower leagues is becoming more and more unfashionable as the years go by (everyone wants to be attached to a premier club for some sad reason).

I hope this weekend at least jogs a few people to come a bit more often, but I doubt it'll have a longer term effect. The club need to do much, much more than this to encourage people to get involved with the rovers - there are thousands of threads on this subject so I won't go into the hows and whys.

It's tough times for a lot of clubs and it's precisely because of that, that we need to raise our backroom game.....over to you Mr Morris.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on November 16, 2010, 03:20:00 pm by MrFrost »
Up to 9577 now.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re:Swansea Ticket Sales - UPDATE
« Reply #76 on November 16, 2010, 03:22:15 pm by bobjimwilly »
Was in at 1pm today to buy a couple of tickets for mates and asked about sales so far - approx 9,000 the lass said, and still 4 days to go!

:scarf:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 16, 2010, 03:32:31 pm by MrFrost »
I'm pretty sure the Premier Club seats and Executive boxes are not included in the figure given on the KMS site, but are included in the capacity.

So the 9500 odd we have sold, plus these doesn't leave many empty seats at all.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on November 16, 2010, 03:47:30 pm by Filo »
MrFrost wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Premier Club seats and Executive boxes are not included in the figure given on the KMS site, but are included in the capacity.

So the 9500 odd we have sold, plus these doesn't leave many empty seats at all.

I wonder if anyone has considered contacting Premier seat holders to see if they are attending, if not maybe their seats could go on sale

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on November 16, 2010, 03:57:47 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
benaldo wrote:
Its going to be great to have the ground full, and I don't want to sound like a sourpuss, but it's a completely false situation. The ticket prices will go back to the normal levels after this. I hope the \"new\" fans from saturdays game decide watching rovers is worth the \"real\" ticket prices, but I doubt it will make much of a difference. The \"wobblers\" aren't that bothered at the moment or they'd be at the KM every week.

It's a good idea to do this, but I think we're kidding ourselves that this will save the falling attendances. Most of the reasons why people aren't coming go beyond the fact they don't know we play good football, it's the recession/not that many people actually support rovers/the overall \"usual\" cost of going to a game, and football in the lower leagues is becoming more and more unfashionable as the years go by (everyone wants to be attached to a premier club for some sad reason).

I hope this weekend at least jogs a few people to come a bit more often, but I doubt it'll have a longer term effect. The club need to do much, much more than this to encourage people to get involved with the rovers - there are thousands of threads on this subject so I won't go into the hows and whys.

It's tough times for a lot of clubs and it's precisely because of that, that we need to raise our backroom game.....over to you Mr Morris.

I think the whole idea of this was to show that if the prices were 'right' more people would come along. They cannot change the pricing structure this season, prices have to be submitted to the FL and I am pretty sure you can only have 4 games at a reduced rate. What it can influence is the pricing structure for next season though.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on November 16, 2010, 04:03:00 pm by MrFrost »
9629 now.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #81 on November 16, 2010, 04:23:14 pm by I-was-there1976 »
How many do Donny Knights get on matchdays ? Seems strange that they have home games on the same day as Rovers.

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 16, 2010, 04:31:23 pm by washyrover »
MrFrost wrote:
9629 now.
Sold out by friday, now that would be some going.

kybone

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on November 16, 2010, 04:49:44 pm by kybone »
I go to watch Donny Knights now and again and they tend to get between 1500-2500. Thats not too bad considering like has been mentioned they play on the same day as Rovers most weekends and also the stadium only has one main stand. Th rest of the ground is basically uncovered terracing.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on November 16, 2010, 04:56:10 pm by Filo »
kybone wrote:
I go to watch Donny Knights now and again and they tend to get between 1500-2500. Thats not too bad considering like has been mentioned they play on the same day as Rovers most weekends and also the stadium only has one main stand. Th rest of the ground is basically uncovered terracing.

How much do the Knights charge?

Ladyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on November 16, 2010, 05:00:22 pm by Ladyrover »
The last time I went ( a couple of seasons ago  )it was £12.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on November 16, 2010, 06:03:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I went down at dinnertime too for some extras, and was told about 9000 sold.

From what I can gather, there's approx 2000 home seats available, mainly in South Stand, and the Northern ends of East and West - Rows A to D with a few odds and SODs here and there.

They had just opened up the final block of the East (most northern before North East Corner)

So there's a good 3000 left for home fans. Keep pushing !!

Any response to having NE corner on stand by ?

kybone

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on November 16, 2010, 06:45:43 pm by kybone »
The last time i went(which was this season) it was £13 to stand up or £15 to sit in the main stand. To be honest they seem to suffer the same problems as the Rovers in the fact that the marketing dept is almost non-existant. I bet if you walked around town and approached various people i bet a lot wouldnt know where they played or even who they were in some cases.
Why the interest in the Knights if you dont mind me asking?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on November 16, 2010, 06:56:18 pm by Superspy »
consider me one of the people who havent got the faintest idea who the knights are, i dont even know what sport we're on.... lol

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on November 16, 2010, 06:59:32 pm by MrFrost »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
I went down at dinnertime too for some extras, and was told about 9000 sold.

From what I can gather, there's approx 2000 home seats available, mainly in South Stand, and the Northern ends of East and West - Rows A to D with a few odds and SODs here and there.

They had just opened up the final block of the East (most northern before North East Corner)

So there's a good 3000 left for home fans. Keep pushing !!

Any response to having NE corner on stand by ?

It depends what you believe. 9700 sold according to the KMS site. That leaves just over 2000 tickets lft, as the home capacity is 11800.

If you go from the seat graphic, there's probably now about 300 seats left on there. They use the same graphic in the ticket office, and I can't think of any reason they would show seats as unavailable online if they were indeed available. Having said that, the end most blocks in the East and West stands are still showing unavailable, so are we not using them as usual?

Given that since yesterday (according to the KMS site anyway) we hav shifted over 1500 ticets, my thoughts are that the seat graphic is more reliable, and that whatever system the ticket office use to count ticket sales is out by a couple of days, as I really don't see how we shifted 1500 tickets in less than 24 hours.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012