Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:34:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Takeover bid from  (Read 77523 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Louis and JR want to Buy Rovers
« Reply #30 on May 30, 2014, 07:35:51 am by River Don »
There can't be many lads of his age who haven't experimented with it these days. All the fuss is being made because he is a role model to millions of children.

Personally I think it's long past time it was decriminalised but even if it were in our health conscious times, just being seen smoking tobacco would be bad enough news for a clean cut, teen idol.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
Re: Takeover bid from
« Reply #31 on May 30, 2014, 07:40:27 am by BigColSutherland »
I'm hearing there's more than just Tomlinson. SC are in the mix again.

If our revenue is now down several million, and our asset base remains the same, a renewed takeover bid would make sense. And an acceptance of a bid more likely.

SC plus others, a done deal according to my sources.

Good. Your track record means that your 'confirmation' of the story gives it the kiss of death.

Track record? I think you may be confusing me with someone else.

Nope. You're the one I look to as a weather-vane for being wrong.
How ironic, that's exactly your role for me Glyn. Amazing.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 30, 2014, 07:48:45 am by River Don »
TB and DW have more money than JR and LT times 10.

I'm not sure, there are estimates LT is worth something like £150 million now. I think TB is worth something like three times that but there are estimates LT is dragging in about £70mil a year at the moment, at that rate it won't be long before he surpasses him.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 30, 2014, 07:50:17 am by GazLaz »
He won't be worth that. I'd have thought £20m tops.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 30, 2014, 07:51:09 am by BigColSutherland »
There's more involved than just LT.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 30, 2014, 07:55:13 am by River Don »
He won't be worth that. I'd have thought £20m tops.

Given the scale of his popularity and given that he has song writing royalties too now, I wouldn't be so sure.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 30, 2014, 08:00:05 am by Wild Rover »
Each member of 1D amassed 70 million last year ( so I read somewhere ).

Muttley

• VSC Member

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 30, 2014, 08:03:41 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
And there goes the nice, calm summer then - just what we need.  What a farce!  Nice to see things staying behind closed doors again then...

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 30, 2014, 08:07:07 am by River Don »
Each member of 1D amassed 70 million last year ( so I read somewhere ).

Worth £14million each apparently

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/under-30s-music-rich-list-quelle-surprise-adele-tops-the-chart-again-while-one-direction-makes-boyband-history-9374651.html

If that's correct then, I think football is too rich a game for him to play.

I was looking at articles like this:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/louis-tomlinson/highest-paid.html

... Which I notice now does have a link saying it's false.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:42:59 am by River Don »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 30, 2014, 08:11:24 am by GazLaz »
Is Adele not a Rovers fan?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 30, 2014, 08:14:20 am by Filo »
And there goes the nice, calm summer then - just what we need.  What a farce!  Nice to see things staying behind closed doors again then...

I'm reading that as if you already know something

The last thing we need is this shit again, if there's no truth in it the club must stamp on this before it gets all out of hand. The clubs reaction will be interesting in all of this

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 30, 2014, 08:17:03 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No Filo, don't read it as that.  Read it as what it is.  Anything that is done like this should be kept quiet.  I've said it for a long time that the poisonous leaking of takeover, transfer moves etc is poor from a professional organisation and I won't change my mind on that.  It's what made last summer so awkward, things should not be done in public and Rovers never have got a grip on that at all.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 30, 2014, 08:22:20 am by IDM »
No Filo, don't read it as that.  Read it as what it is.  Anything that is done like this should be kept quiet.  I've said it for a long time that the poisonous leaking of takeover, transfer moves etc is poor from a professional organisation and I won't change my mind on that.  It's what made last summer so awkward, things should not be done in public and Rovers never have got a grip on that at all.

Not sure how Rovers can get a grip on press speculation from external parties, or on what prospective buyers may leak..?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 30, 2014, 08:24:58 am by Filo »

Are you saying this has been leaked from within the club, or are you just speculating?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 30, 2014, 08:30:07 am by aidanstu »
Another summer of uncertainty looms as a result of jr. He built the club and it would appear he is intent on knocking it back down. I would which Los mouthed sod let this one out of the bag. I'm guessing it's the usual suspect.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 30, 2014, 08:33:28 am by Rios »
Surely he's just the figurehead and the money is coming from a third party who've we've probably heard of before...

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 30, 2014, 08:36:07 am by DearneValleyRover »
Well part of the article is inaccurate as JR didn't sell his shares oh and another point the initial proposal from last year on the take over runs out at the end of May.

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 30, 2014, 08:38:39 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Are you saying this has been leaked from within the club, or are you just speculating?

Comments such as those on Facebook like "Steve Uttley has told me xxxxxxx"  - I don't see how these are helpful.

Equally, people have said that people in the club have told them things etc - it's poor and unprofessional in my view.  If I did that in my company I'd be sacked no questions asked.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 30, 2014, 08:40:24 am by RJHeader »
Another summer of uncertainty looms as a result of jr. He built the club and it would appear he is intent on knocking it back down. I would which Los mouthed sod let this one out of the bag. I'm guessing it's the usual suspect.

What do you base that utterly outrageous comment on? Fool

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 30, 2014, 08:46:41 am by Filo »

Comments such as those on Facebook like "Steve Uttley has told me xxxxxxx"  - I don't see how these are helpful.

Equally, people have said that people in the club have told them things etc - it's poor and unprofessional in my view.  If I did that in my company I'd be sacked no questions asked.

They're not helpful, I'm sure there's more than one individual within the club that keeps stirring the pot. I'm trying to establish if this is bullshit or has been simmering in the background for a while.

The timing of this is crap once again, moving into a transfer window and shit like this comes out, players and agents will read these things and up their demands. In my opinion this smacks of some one trying to de- stabilise again, there must be some Golden fleece somewhere within DRFC for this shit to keep cropping up!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 30, 2014, 08:54:40 am by DearneValleyRover »
If it is true or not it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later otherwise we will be as unstable to xmas again which is not in the interest of the Club considering that all parties surely have that at heart.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 30, 2014, 09:01:45 am by GazLaz »
There are always too many people that find out to keep takeovers out of the press. It's the same at every club.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 30, 2014, 09:19:59 am by Sad-Rovers »
Have we ever thought that the leaks come from WITHIN the club?

DRFC leaks like a seive, we need a Callino style purge.

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 30, 2014, 09:25:35 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We know the leaks come from within the club I think I alluded to that in my previous posts.  These people don't help anyone by making things public though do they?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 30, 2014, 09:35:44 am by BigColSutherland »
We know the leaks come from within the club I think I alluded to that in my previous posts.  These people don't help anyone by making things public though do they?

Depends what they want.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 30, 2014, 09:39:37 am by Wild Rover »
Well part of the article is inaccurate as JR didn't sell his shares oh and another point the initial proposal from last year on the take over runs out at the end of May.

That seling of shares refers to Ryan selling 2/3 of his shares to TB and DW.

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 30, 2014, 09:40:06 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not many deals go through well in public that's for sure.  It just causes problems which I'm sure nobody wants.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 30, 2014, 09:55:11 am by DearneValleyRover »

That seling of shares refers to Ryan selling 2/3 of his shares to TB and DW.

I thought it was referring to the alleged sale to our not to be mentioned for fear of legal recourse interested party last season.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 30, 2014, 09:58:01 am by Wild Rover »
No DVR. ( although it does say "Consortium " )If you read further in the piece it says Ryan still owns 1/4 of club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012