Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:51:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis  (Read 55472 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Marquis
« Reply #30 on July 24, 2019, 04:02:18 pm by roversdude »
What is enough?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 24, 2019, 04:09:22 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Obviously we do..... look at the evidence, all the big earners getting replaced with kids and loans you lot need to smell the gravy there’s clearly something not right.... I might be wrong but I severely doubt it, if they were serious about the championship they could do a lot more but they don’t want it it’s obvious, it’s time they went.

No you are very wrong as usual

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 24, 2019, 04:10:16 pm by DearneValleyRover »
If we have to sell to buy it surely the cue for the current owners to do one I’m afraid enough is enough

I take it you have a few million quid tucked away or a secret investor in mind?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 04:12:53 pm by DearneValleyRover »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 24, 2019, 04:12:24 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Well something needs to happen either way. He gets the move he wants, the club get a return on him, everyones happy and we have funds to find a replacement. If he's staying then that needs to be sorted and quickly if Saturdays game was anything to go by.

It was embarrassing to be honest watching him on the pitch, falling/tripping over feigning fouls, mistiming his runs and play acting and generally being very disruptive. We cannot have a CF who clearly doesn't want to be here anymore play acting around in friendlies, he helps no one and is off putting and disruptive to the rest of the team around him. No wonder we don't look like scoring when we have him playing at CF, he's not really there on the pitch, his head is elsewhere and it shows. How can the front 4 work as a unit if attacks and build up play constantly fall down around your CF, he is the foil to the side that when attacking everyone plays off.

It needs sorting.

How do you propose the club sort it? Water board him into leaving or signing a new contract? The ball is in John’s court he knows we don’t want to sell him so he has the upper hand

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 24, 2019, 04:25:43 pm by Michael Gibson »
You got a pen dickos!! It’s my opinion and it’s clear to see something isnt right, if they wanted championship football they’d make an effort.... unfortunately they don’t mate

biggle

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 24, 2019, 04:27:28 pm by biggle »
Is a village missing someone?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 24, 2019, 04:33:48 pm by dickos1 »
You got a pen dickos!! It’s my opinion and it’s clear to see something isnt right, if they wanted championship football they’d make an effort.... unfortunately they don’t mate

I can’t remember any kids coming through and taking the place of a high earner that we’ve got rid of

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 24, 2019, 06:10:11 pm by Michael Gibson »
It will now watch,

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 24, 2019, 06:23:38 pm by Jonathan »
It will now watch,

Let’s hope so as that would mean our young players would need to be of a very high quality, and that’s something I think most of us would love to see. Pleased to see you are finally optimistic about something.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 24, 2019, 06:48:59 pm by sha66y »
If we have to sell to buy it surely the cue for the current owners to do one I’m afraid enough is enough

There you are!
You are like a pit bull on a Gypo’s leg.....
I have found myself looking out for your pearls of wisdom.....and you never disappoint...
Some on here think you are a little leftist by the way!

atick45

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 24, 2019, 06:53:44 pm by atick45 »
Dont think Marquis will be going anywhere.He was in B and Q on monday buying stones for his garden .He wouldnt be botheted if he was leaving 

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 24, 2019, 06:54:50 pm by Iberian Red »

Bring it on!
Or continue posting bolloxs.
Thought about joining BB I  off topic?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 24, 2019, 07:26:21 pm by dknward2 »
Dont think Marquis will be going anywhere.He was in B and Q on monday buying stones for his garden .He wouldnt be botheted if he was leaving 

Getting house ready for sale kerb appeal means a lot

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 24, 2019, 08:06:56 pm by scawsby steve »

Bring it on!
Or continue posting bolloxs.
Thought about joining BB I  off topic?

Oy! I heard that; I'll f*cking tell him.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 24, 2019, 08:37:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »

If they do one then the budget is reduced by 2 million a year, genius.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 24, 2019, 08:54:35 pm by drfchound »

Yeah coz I am sure he can’t afford to leave a few bags of stones behind if he has to move house.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 24, 2019, 08:56:21 pm by drfchound »
I asked Gavin Baldwin last night specifically about this question, the answer was we don't have to sell anyone and contracts will be discussed  with the board shortly. Only if offers meet our valuation will they be considered, and at the moment nobody is for sale.
There hasn’t many occasions when our players have attracted the attentions of other clubs and make them offer a fee . Circumstances drove Sunderland to make an offer and for what ever the reason the club made a big thing about rejected it . Since then Marquis has been thrown into the lime light and to his credit  has kept own council and not advertised his desire to leave or handed in a transfer request .
Marquis  career has grown and he has scored plenty of goals and gained awards by the Football Authorities and still he has not thrown his dummy out . Yet we keep talking as though he has been caught climbing the fence trying to escape and it’s only a matter of time he succeeds .  The club want Marquis to stay but realise financially it’s going to be toll order as his replacement isn't going to be found without big money , so they put a sensible price on him but they will let go sooner and take what’s offers as loosing him for nothing may well be where they could see themselves.

Only if you assume the club is the stumbling block, Clubs have enquired and met the Clubs valuation the fact he is still with us isn't because we have over valued him.

I thought there hadn’t been any firm bids?

That story keeps changing.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 24, 2019, 09:10:13 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Not an impossible scenario:-

A certain player outside Darren Moore's office.

Knock, knock,

"Who's there?"......Sorry, couldn't resist!

"Come in"

Player walks in & sits down.

"Darren...sorry, boss. I've scored 20+ goals for Rovers in the past 3 seasons. I know Sunderland offered £2m for me in2018/9 the winter transfer break & I was perfectly happy to turn down that offer, although it no doubt would have given me a better contract financially, but along with your estimation of my current value & the fact I want to play Championship Football, it was an offer we all agreed at the time was not in the long term, beneficial to both of us. I'd hoped to have been playing Championship football this season with the Rovers, but it turned out that wasn't to be.

I'm here to ask, if no Championship Club offers me a contract before the end of this transfer window that suits both me & the club, are you in a position to sign a forward player that will give me the support I need on the pitch in order to score 20 goals for you this season?"

And Darren Moore says......

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 24, 2019, 09:12:56 pm by drfchound »

Knock, knock,

"Come in"

"Darren...sorry, boss. I've scored 20+ goals for Rovers in the past 3 seasons. I know Sunderland offered £2m for me in2018/9 the winter transfer break & I was perfectly happy to turn down that offer, although it no doubt would have given me a better contract financially, but along with your estimation of my current value & the fact I want to play Championship Football, it was an offer we all agreed at the time was not in the long term, beneficial to both of us. I'd hoped to have been playing Championship football this season with the Rovers, but it turned out that wasn't to be.

I'm here to ask, if no Championship Club offers me a contract before the end of this transfer window that suits both me & the club, are you in a position to sign a forward player that will give me the support I need on the pitch in order to score 20 goals for you this season?"

.........if the right player becomes available.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 24, 2019, 09:17:40 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Knock, knock,

"Come in"

.........if the right player becomes available.
Player walks out rubbing his chin.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 24, 2019, 09:20:22 pm by roversdude »
JM looks unfit

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 24, 2019, 09:22:19 pm by keith79 »
Sorry fella I have no money till you do one.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 24, 2019, 09:22:48 pm by Retdon1 »
JM doesn’t want to be here. He imagined by now he would be playing in the championship

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 24, 2019, 09:22:55 pm by sha66y »

Knock, knock,

"Come in"

Yeah!....why not

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 24, 2019, 09:25:50 pm by dknward2 »
That's what Alfie may is for

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 24, 2019, 09:37:08 pm by sha66y »
JM doesn’t want to be here. He imagined by now he would be playing in the championship

What!  A friendly?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 24, 2019, 09:40:59 pm by Retdon1 »

What!  A friendly?

Ok then playing for a championship club

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 24, 2019, 09:43:00 pm by dickos1 »
Marquis was much better than sadlier tonight
If I were him I’d leave he was getting stick off the east stand in a friendly
He should be worshipped with what he’s done for us

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 24, 2019, 09:44:59 pm by drfchound »
Marquis was much better than sadlier tonight
If I were him I’d leave he was getting stick off the east stand in a friendly
He should be worshipped with what he’s done for us

Last season it was unbelievable how much stick JM got from some people who sit near me in the South Stand.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 24, 2019, 09:54:51 pm by roversdude »
He shot a look at someone giving him grief

TinyPortal © 2005-2012