Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:28:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Diouf  (Read 8315 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Diouf
« Reply #30 on March 04, 2012, 05:56:28 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=224149
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224137
Quote from: \"timdrfc\" post=224131
Quote from: \"redrover19\" post=224060
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224056
Quote from: \"redrover19\" post=224053
I honestly dont think we were watching the same player, his attitude is awful unless there is something in it for him. In my opinion he thinks he is above the club and if this is the case then I dont want him. End of

Perhaps the most unfair comment in the history of the forum!

If we had 11 players that showed the fight he does we would not be in this mess....compared to someone like Hayter who was a disgrace yesterday!

the disgrace was Doiuf, he was a disgrace to football with the ammount of diving he was doing

Are you for real, surely a Rovers fan should be moaning about the disgraceful diving kicking synical play that Brighten displayed all game not winge about the Rovers!

As JR says stand up for the club !! Agreed this fan is clearly the type of \"fan\" that we dont want!

Norfolk, you called Hayter a disgrace :huh: Where is your logic to assume timdrfc was talking solely about redrover19 and not the pair of you?

As for what fans we want? Are you saying that your view of Diouf being excellent and Hayter a disgrace is superior over what redrover19 says?

The fact is DRFC need as many as possible coming through the gates to help cheer the team home, you are in no position to say who can or can't be a fan, or do you fancy yourself as the next Ken Bates?

Hayter performance deeply upset me ......I stand by my comment ......SO you should be too he was not interested full stop! He hides does not take responsibility.....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 04, 2012, 05:59:03 pm by Donnybax »
So Norfolk it's ok for you to slag off our players but nobody else. Right lads and lasses we know where we stand now

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 04, 2012, 06:04:06 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=224163
So Norfolk it's ok for you to slag off our players but nobody else. Right lads and lasses we know where we stand now

Round and round on this subject and as I say I am always positive but I have to be honest sometimes .....

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 04, 2012, 06:12:02 pm by RoversAlias »
Sorry Norfolk but you have contradicted yourself here and discredited yourself. You cannot argue against that, not successfully anyway.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 04, 2012, 06:41:51 pm by CJK »
How anyone can proclaim Hayter as looking 'not looking interested' is beyond me. Nobody puts a shift in like Hayter and does more for the team like Hayter; but all that goes unnoticed because he isn't scoring goals like Diouf is. Ok CM-S was hitting the ground a lot yesterday but EHD was giving him a good run for his money. In the first half he was through in the area and rather than shooting he went down. He is a class player but the other side to his game really doesn't help him. And Norfolk it isn't 'media perception' it is as you say, fact.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 04, 2012, 06:45:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
If Diouf, Chimbonda, Beye are that good then why have we only won once in the last eleven games. Unlike this time last year we have had an excellent keeper, a regular back four and midfield and strike force. Yet the only game we have won is when Billy played. So let's hope these players can win games. But are they better than other players in their positions some are overrated. Yesterday James Hayter did not have his best game. Yet Robert and Bennett were very poor substitutes abpnd if that's all we have then Dean leave them on the Bench their contribution is, was negligible.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 04, 2012, 07:02:22 pm by dickos1 »
We haven't had a regular back 4 have we.
We have lost one home game in about 5 months, the midfield is identical to last years and we had sharp so it swings and roundabouts. We were poor last year and were only a little better now.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 04, 2012, 07:43:05 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=224197
We have lost one home game in about 5 months, the midfield is identical to last years and we had sharp so it swings and roundabouts. We were poor last year and were only a little better now.

In the last eleven games the back four  we have had a choice of two right backs and four centre halves plus a left back. All better than we had in the equivalent eleven games last year. JOC was in and out, Mills was injured and we were left with players a part from George Friend were not in the same league as now. The Midfield had no Stock, no Gillett,  at this time. We had Wilson, Keegan, a tiring Oster so it was different. Billy was injured and playing through the pain until he finally gave up the ghost.  So we now have world class players the likes of Diouf, Chimbonda and Beye added to the squad yet we are not winning games. The only game we have won is when Billy played. So this squad with Diouf, this manager  must start winning before one in eleven turns in to one in twenty  then important decisions have to be made.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 04, 2012, 07:48:01 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224114
If we are talking home truths lets separate the facts from the fiction.
Facts
World Class player
Decent / nice fella (several insiders say the same)
Winning attitude
Great set piece taker
Lucky to have him

The negatives are all media perception and interpretation of body language and too be honest indicative of exactly the type of fans that JR is talking about, negative moaning whinging ungrateful individuals that see the negatives of every situation!

100% agree Norfolk anad BMRC, the time for pretty boys playing tippy tappy football is over........we need blood , guts and gore. EHD is a class player and I don't give a flying fook about previous reputation, I want someone who wants to fight for our survival, yes he moans , yes he doesn't always make that telling pass and hey sometimes the pass that is made is a waste because some of those around him don't have the footballing nounce and ability to be in the right place at the right time.

Please don't character assassinate one of the only people who can drag us out of this mess . Wehave no other chance, I want this man to believe we are ALL behind him warts and all. :ohmy:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 04, 2012, 08:27:02 pm by RedJ »
This is my take on the matter - rightly or wrongly, Diouf seems to be doing so much because to me it looks as though he's trying to single handedly drag us by the scruff of the neck out of this shite.

I expect to be slated for that, but that's my opinion.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 04, 2012, 08:42:52 pm by danrover82 »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=224219
Facts
World Class player
Winning attitude
Great set piece taker
Lucky to have him

The negatives are all media perception and interpretation of body language and too be honest indicative of exactly the type of fans that JR is talking about, negative moaning whinging ungrateful individuals that see the negatives of every situation!

100% agree Norfolk anad BMRC, the time for pretty boys playing tippy tappy football is over........we need blood , guts and gore. EHD is a class player and I don't give a flying fook about previous reputation, I want someone who wants to fight for our survival, yes he moans , yes he doesn't always make that telling pass and hey sometimes the pass that is made is a waste because some of those around him don't have the footballing nounce and ability to be in the right place at the right time.

Please don't character assassinate one of the only people who can drag us out of this mess . Wehave no other chance, I want this man to believe we are ALL behind him warts and all. :ohmy:

I was one of EHD's biggest critics and hated the fact he was coming here and posted so over what I had read.

I've since retracted my thoughts on several posts here after seeing what a class act and nice bloke he is to the club and our fans... Even Ipswichs mascots?  

My only grip is that Officials dont give the right decisions for him, for who it is and thats probably costing us.

Whould I change the Fact we have him?

110%  NOT

Long may he be a Rover!!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 04, 2012, 08:43:32 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=224218
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=224197

In the last eleven games the back four  we have had a choice of two right backs and four centre halves plus a left back. All better than we had in the equivalent eleven games last year. JOC was in and out, Mills was injured and we were left with players a part from George Friend were not in the same league as now. The Midfield had no Stock, no Gillett,  at this time. We had Wilson, Keegan, a tiring Oster so it was different. Billy was injured and playing through the pain until he finally gave up the ghost.  So we now have world class players the likes of Diouf, Chimbonda and Beye added to the squad yet we are not winning games. The only game we have won is when Billy played. So this squad with Diouf, this manager  must start winning before one in eleven turns in to one in twenty  then important decisions have to be made.

Who are the 2 right backs and 4 centre backs we've had over the last 11 games??
Don't understand the relevance of constantly bringing up last year.

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 04, 2012, 08:44:25 pm by redrover19 »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224137
Quote from: \"timdrfc\" post=224131
Quote from: \"redrover19\" post=224060
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224056
Quote from: \"redrover19\" post=224053
I honestly dont think we were watching the same player, his attitude is awful unless there is something in it for him. In my opinion he thinks he is above the club and if this is the case then I dont want him. End of

Perhaps the most unfair comment in the history of the forum!

If we had 11 players that showed the fight he does we would not be in this mess....compared to someone like Hayter who was a disgrace yesterday!

the disgrace was Doiuf, he was a disgrace to football with the ammount of diving he was doing

Are you for real, surely a Rovers fan should be moaning about the disgraceful diving kicking synical play that Brighten displayed all game not winge about the Rovers!

As JR says stand up for the club !! Agreed this fan is clearly the type of \"fan\" that we dont want!

if you look at the posts on this forum on a Saturday every single one of us slags off at least one player, so according to your theory the club should have no fans because when we moan we should stop being a fan. So seen as you have slagged off hayter your clearly not the type of \"fan\" the club needs or that JR wants

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 04, 2012, 10:05:20 pm by Lesonthewest »
Quote from: \"CJK\" post=224181
How anyone can proclaim Hayter as looking 'not looking interested' is beyond me. Nobody puts a shift in like Hayter and does more for the team like Hayter; but all that goes unnoticed because he isn't scoring goals like Diouf is. Ok CM-S was hitting the ground a lot yesterday but EHD was giving him a good run for his money. In the first half he was through in the area and rather than shooting he went down. He is a class player but the other side to his game really doesn't help him. And Norfolk it isn't 'media perception' it is as you say, fact.

Agreed, Hayter was poor by his standards, but one thing he won't do & that is hide, he still gives it his all. As for Diouf, I thought he was our worst player yesterday.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 04, 2012, 10:33:42 pm by dickos1 »
Diouf was poor in the first half, but good in the second. Put some great balls in the box and generally dictated the game. I like hayter but that's probably his worst game in a rovers shirt. If u swapped shirt numbers over for those 2 yesterday, people would be raving about hayter and I dread to think what they'd say about diouf.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 04, 2012, 11:05:59 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=224261
Diouf was poor in the first half, but good in the second. Put some great balls in the box and generally dictated the game. I like hayter but that's probably his worst game in a rovers shirt. If u swapped shirt numbers over for those 2 yesterday, people would be raving about hayter and I dread to think what they'd say about diouf.

Totally agreed once again, what upset me was he is better than the dire examples of his game yesterday.....

For example the golden chance in the first half and he nearly hit the roof of the stand, hardly a championship forward is it?

Compare that to Diouf and people having a go for diving but not sticking up for the club against a team that the whole 11 players were diving.....the point JR was making people keep being funny with him about team affairs and this is another example!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 05, 2012, 12:27:56 am by eastender »
Facts
World Class player
Winning attitude
Great set piece taker
Lucky to have him

Long may he be a Rover!!!!

It could happen. :)
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/238895/Doncaster-1-Brighton-1-El-Hadji-Diouf-is-tempted-to-stay/?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 05, 2012, 12:57:25 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Without Djiouf we'd be a worse team, and I mean team. Against Brighton he wasn't quite in the groove especially to start with, but that penalty was class. So pleased to have seen him play in a Rovers shirt and hope he stays for as long as he's putting in a decent shift as he undoubtedly is right now.

Dazator

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 05, 2012, 12:59:41 pm by Dazator »
I'm sorry but Diouf is not doing enough to warrant his previous history in the game, to me he looks like a very average Championship standard player.

And that is not very surprising, considering no one else wanted him.  Forget all the hype, he left signing his DRFC contract extension to the end of the transfer window because no better offers came in.

I don't mind all of this, however it looks and sounds like he's doing DRFC a big favour when really we're doing him one by taking on an unfit player and paying him when everyone else doubted him.  

In terms of the 5 games i've seen him play, he's been pretty average to awful in all of them unfortunately.  And i'm guttered to be saying that as I was really hopeful he'd be amazing, especially when I'd been told he was amazing at the Hull away game and another one I missed.

I now fear his name is in the teamsheet regardless of how he plays which worries me.  What worries me more is the detrimental effect he is having on our style of play.  
- he is constantly stopping the ball dead on the byline instead of taking the ball forward and trying to beat his man.  
- he spends 10 seconds a go with the ball static trying to out do his opponent and the best he gets is a throw in, corner or a pass back to another player
- he is so slow to get to corners, now if we're behind and you insist on taking them all please at least run to show some urgency
- he seems to go backwards and sidewards, and rarely forwards with his passing
- a decent chunk of his crossing is poor, several corners fail to clear the near post and now he seems to insist on taking short ones
- he's always moaning and stays down when he looses the ball to protest for some foul instead of playing to the whistle
- he doesn't cover any ground, he's just static (yes Hayter was pants but at least he covered a load of ground trying)
- he doesn't have any chances on goal considering he's playing so far forward
- he stops our attacks when in critical moments by taking all of the pace out of the game
- no magic

Compare this man to Copps and you get the point.  He hasn't got a patch on Copps in terms of ability, skill and an attacking threat.

For me I'd drop him and take a gamble with Bennett on the wing, see if that puts some fire in Diouf's belly and he gets on it with it as opposed to any dummy spitting out antics.

Don't get me started on giving him the captains armband.  He's simply not been here long enough and has no captaining pedigree to be given the band.  I would of much preferred it to go to Gilly or Copps.

I am happy to be corrected by Diouf, i'm open to that but from what i have seen i'm disappointed and hoping he gets a spell on the bench.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 05, 2012, 01:08:08 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Dazator\" post=224326
I'm sorry but Diouf is not doing enough to warrant his previous history in the game, to me he looks like a very average Championship standard player.

And that is not very surprising, considering no one else wanted him.  Forget all the hype, he left signing his DRFC contract extension to the end of the transfer window because no better offers came in.

I don't mind all of this, however it looks and sounds like he's doing DRFC a big favour when really we're doing him one by taking on an unfit player and paying him when everyone else doubted him.  

In terms of the 5 games i've seen him play, he's been pretty average to awful in all of them unfortunately.  And i'm guttered to be saying that as I was really hopeful he'd be amazing, especially when I'd been told he was amazing at the Hull away game and another one I missed.

I now fear his name is in the teamsheet regardless of how he plays which worries me.  What worries me more is the detrimental effect he is having on our style of play.  
- he is constantly stopping the ball dead on the byline instead of taking the ball forward and trying to beat his man.  
- he spends 10 seconds a go with the ball static trying to out do his opponent and the best he gets is a throw in, corner or a pass back to another player
- he is so slow to get to corners, now if we're behind and you insist on taking them all please at least run to show some urgency
- he seems to go backwards and sidewards, and rarely forwards with his passing
- a decent chunk of his crossing is poor, several corners fail to clear the near post and now he seems to insist on taking short ones
- he's always moaning and stays down when he looses the ball to protest for some foul instead of playing to the whistle
- he doesn't cover any ground, he's just static (yes Hayter was pants but at least he covered a load of ground trying)
- he doesn't have any chances on goal considering he's playing so far forward
- he stops our attacks when in critical moments by taking all of the pace out of the game
- no magic

Compare this man to Copps and you get the point.  He hasn't got a patch on Copps in terms of ability, skill and an attacking threat.

For me I'd drop him and take a gamble with Bennett on the wing, see if that puts some fire in Diouf's belly and he gets on it with it as opposed to any dummy spitting out antics.

Don't get me started on giving him the captains armband.  He's simply not been here long enough and has no captaining pedigree to be given the band.  I would of much preferred it to go to Gilly or Copps.

I am happy to be corrected by Diouf, i'm open to that but from what i have seen i'm disappointed and hoping he gets a spell on the bench.

Never read so much crap......

Right I re-posted the unbelievable stat comments (pointless wasting my energy)

In the games diouf has been involved in we have scored 11 goals, diouf has either scored or made the assist on everyone of those goals bar one.
Yet people come on here and moan about the guy, there is no player in our history that has been as important as he is to us at the minute, players dive and fall out with each other, so what? It happened before he arrived and it'll happen when he's gone.
Just get behind him and acknowledge how good he is

..............Please try harder:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :facepalm: :facepalm:

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 05, 2012, 01:12:30 pm by inSODwetrust »
If Diouf is so good, then why are we bottom of the league, with no win since 1/1/2012, with no improvement in performances?

Billy Sharp is/was the key man!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 05, 2012, 01:20:12 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=224335
If Diouf is so good, then why are we bottom of the league, with no win since 1/1/2012, with no improvement in performances?

Diouf is not out and out goal scorer but trying his best ...

How many games have we won in 14 months?

Suggest you play Hayter shot back in first half V Brighton ......COS WE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 05, 2012, 01:26:44 pm by Filo »

There`s no doubt Billy was an important player to us, but we`ve been in freefall for over a year, a big chunk of those games Billy played in them, it did n`t halt our plummet down the league table did it? Billy was important, but in the grand scale of things hardly the messiah you`re making him out to be

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 05, 2012, 03:51:37 pm by danrover82 »

Cause 10 other players need to pull socks up too.

Enough Said!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 05, 2012, 04:03:12 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=224333

Right I re-posted the unbelievable stat comments (pointless wasting my energy)

In the games diouf has been involved in we have scored 11 goals, diouf has either scored or made the assist on everyone of those goals bar one.
Yet people come on here and moan about the guy, there is no player in our history that has been as important as he is to us at the minute, players dive and fall out with each other, so what? It happened before he arrived and it'll happen when he's gone.
Just get behind him and acknowledge how good he is

I beg to differ with that stat.

Ipswich: Coppinger whipped the ball in and Sharp headed home (No Diouf assist)

Leeds: Hayter hit it against the keeper and Bagayoko scored the rebound (No Diouf assist).

So I would say he has scored or got the assist on all but TWO.

However, still a decent statistic and a good record!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 05, 2012, 05:00:43 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Leeds: Hayter hit it against the keeper and Bagayoko scored the rebound (No Diouf assist).

However, still a decent statistic and a good record![/quote]

think that is the last time a copps cross beat the first man or any of our players at that

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 05, 2012, 05:02:02 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"sedwardsdrfc\" post=224416

However, still a decent statistic and a good record!

think that is the last time a copps cross beat the first man or any of our players at that[/quote]

He created the goal at Leeds with the ball over the top hayter just managed to cock it up.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 05, 2012, 05:03:32 pm by dickos1 »

Who did we beat on new years day? I missed that game.

How on earth billy is our key man I'll never know

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 05, 2012, 05:12:06 pm by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=224418

Who did we beat on new years day? I missed that game.

How on earth billy is our key man I'll never know
we havent won a game without this season! That's why!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 05, 2012, 05:14:34 pm by dickos1 »
But he's gone, so is no longer key.
We've also lost many games with him in the side, it means nowt

TinyPortal © 2005-2012