Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:47:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coventry VAR  (Read 1482 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Coventry VAR
« Reply #30 on April 22, 2024, 08:14:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Open your eyes and decide for yourself

That video isn't relevant because you don't see where the players were when the pass was made and, as I said in the OP, the defender was moving towards goal much faster than the striker.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 22, 2024, 08:15:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
OMG, he’s miles on, I thought it was the angle of the camera making him look inside, but look at the grass cut line.
If that vid hasn’t been messed with then this is some scandal

He wasn't miles onside. This is entirely missing the point.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 22, 2024, 08:21:55 pm by RoversInSpain »
Basaka then is the fastest man on the planet to get that distance ahead on the Cov player in less than a second. 00:05 ball is played forward still 00:05 Basaka way ahead of attacker.
Nearly as quick as Olowu

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 22, 2024, 08:26:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Basaka then is the fastest man on the planet to get that distance ahead on the Cov player in less than a second. 00:05 ball is played forward still 00:05 Basaka way ahead of attacker.
Nearly as quick as Olowu

Look at the video in the OP.

Jogging speed is about 3m/S.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 22, 2024, 08:43:28 pm by ravenrover »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 22, 2024, 09:02:48 pm by GazLaz »
He wasn’t miles on. He was about level. That clip is absolutely meaningless and adds nothing to any debate.

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 23, 2024, 01:43:49 pm by KeithMyath »
I may be highely cynical here.... but What can the FA market to the world better for viewing rights for the FA cup final? Man City VS Coventry or Man City vs Man Utd. I know of one international market where that value is now touching 7 figures just for the final instead of just a few hundred Thousand £ if Coventry had won, and thats with a very small scandanvian TV sport provider.

Multiply that by this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FA_Cup_broadcasters

Any the values are astronomical. If that had been a Man United goal, I reckon it would have been given.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 23, 2024, 02:23:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He wasn’t miles on. He was about level. That clip is absolutely meaningless and adds nothing to any debate.

Definitely agree and it does show how easily the human brain can be deceived, just as the assistant refs can be.

I agree with BST  we've gone from checking whether an assistant refs decision is supported by a second opinion to eliminate a player being well offside/onside to trying to use technology to determine millimetres for an absolute decision.

Whoever gets to look at the review, look at it real time, and if its not clear and obvious to the naked eye, then it shouldn't be overruled.

If don't address this soon, we might as well scrap the idea that VAR is appropriate for offsides because human beings are making a mess of it.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 23, 2024, 05:31:13 pm by RoversInSpain »
I may be highely cynical here.... but What can the FA market to the world better for viewing rights for the FA cup final? Man City VS Coventry or Man City vs Man Utd. I know of one international market where that value is now touching 7 figures just for the final instead of just a few hundred Thousand £ if Coventry had won, and thats with a very small scandanvian TV sport provider.

Multiply that by this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FA_Cup_broadcasters

Any the values are astronomical. If that had been a Man United goal, I reckon it would have been given.
Yep you’ve got it in one
Scandalous

TinyPortal © 2005-2012