Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:49:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Most fed up/miserable ive been at a football match  (Read 1419 times)

Fal

• Forum Member
Most fed up/miserable ive been at a football match
« on April 23, 2024, 09:46:46 am by Fal »
Bournemouth 5-0 Doncaster, 4-0 down after 20 mins....

Nic Priet nuff said...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

philsky

• Forum Member
Re: Most fed up/miserable ive been at a football match
« Reply #1 on April 23, 2024, 10:12:33 am by philsky »
Driving back to London after the Arsenal match

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 23, 2024, 10:52:10 am by ReadingViking »

" Bournemouth 5-0 Doncaster, 4-0 down after 20 mins....

Nic Priet nuff said... "

I drove down from Reading to watch that - got stuck in traffic - at 4-0 down and turned around and went home

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 23, 2024, 10:58:43 am by keyser_soze »

" Bournemouth 5-0 Doncaster, 4-0 down after 20 mins....

Nic Priet nuff said... "

I drove down from Reading to watch that - got stuck in traffic - at 4-0 down and turned around and went home

Ironically though, wasn't this the game where JR decided SO'D was the man to take DRFC forward? I will take that 5-0 loss for the success that followed.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 23, 2024, 11:06:27 am by glosterred »
We could all name a dozen or more games over the last two or three seasons when we’ve come away from the ECO after another poor performance and defeat

COYR

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 23, 2024, 11:18:41 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Easy. First or second season in the Conference I think. Away game at Northwich Victoria.

On the back of the new hope when JR came in, my mate persuaded me to start going again.

On arrival to 'Drill Field'? We could see their Kop was basically a bus shelter with about 100 fans huddled under it. Opposite end there was no stand but they had just built a new stand along the side which Rovers fans were gathered.

On came the Rovers team, with a front three of midgets, Andy Watson, Matty Caudwell and thingybob Goodwin. Big man Mark Hume on the bench.

2-0 down, we slumped and sat down on the terrace in despair and I said "Surely we can't get any lower than this!?"

I think we made a late run to avoid relegation from the conference. For anyone of our younger generation who think recent times have been bad, there's plenty who went to some of those obscure places and saw us get beat.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
About 75% of games under Schofield for a start.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 23, 2024, 11:46:44 am by roversdude »
2022-23

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 23, 2024, 11:54:19 am by ravenrover »
Ipswich home 0-6 pissing it down with rain as well

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 23, 2024, 12:24:21 pm by drfchound »
About 75% of games under Schofield for a start.

You beat me to it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 23, 2024, 12:29:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Tranmere in the LDV semi.

I really thought that was our chance for a little bit of glory, but we were comfortably outplayed. No Wembley for another 18 years, and it rammed it home just how shit we were. If I'd realised how much shitter we were going to get...

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 23, 2024, 12:56:41 pm by Draytonian III »
Rotherham at home in the League Cup at home think we got beat 6-2 or something like, they were all singing and celebrating for most of the match

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 23, 2024, 02:27:13 pm by mugnapper »

I really thought that was our chance for a little bit of glory, but we were comfortably outplayed. No Wembley for another 18 years, and it rammed it home just how shit we were. If I'd realised how much shitter we were going to get...
Kevin Noteman. Just whack it in the back of the open net, don't pass it along the ground on that mud bath of a pitch!!

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 23, 2024, 02:48:00 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Millwall away in 1983. We lost 3-0 to confirm our relegation to Div 4 (though it was pretty much certain for a long while before I think). There were no more than 100 Rovers fans in the away end, absolutely bucketing with rain and we were spending much of the game avoiding the bottles and lumps of concrete thrown at us by the home fans. Just after half time I was hit on the back of my head by an empty bottle that literally knocked me flat out for a little while. When I came round I had the most horrendous headache, was soaking wet through and we were 3-0 down. After the game I had to walk to London Bridge, very dazed, with the Millwall fans, many of whom were on the look out for any Donny fans foolish enough to be there. That was a really miserable day.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 23, 2024, 02:57:24 pm by selby »
 2019 second round cup game v Gillingham lost 3-0 and were pathetic , Bingham sent off and the sense of what lay ahead for the club and  the useless manager we had.
  We were pathetic and had Dieng, Coppinger, Sheaf, Whiteman, Halliday and the dunderhead couldn't get a tune out of them, while Fatty Evans put a team out to run all over us.
   The future was there staring straight back at us, the last few month the first signs of any recovery.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 23, 2024, 03:28:38 pm by Bollinger »
Away at Margate in the Conference.

A depressing non-stadium that was like Harworth Colliery’s ground but with a sloping pitch that needed ropes, crampons and Sherpas to mount an attack.

It might have been the utterly useless and wholly disinterested Justin Jackson who was credited with a deflected goal he knew bugger all about in a mad goal line scramble that scraped a draw.

The first year in the Conference was a shock to the system, but like most of us I was just happy that there was still a DRFC.

Margate was the time i thought,  ‘has it really come to this?’

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 23, 2024, 03:57:42 pm by NickDRFC »
Easy. First or second season in the Conference I think. Away game at Northwich Victoria.

On the back of the new hope when JR came in, my mate persuaded me to start going again.

On arrival to 'Drill Field'? We could see their Kop was basically a bus shelter with about 100 fans huddled under it. Opposite end there was no stand but they had just built a new stand along the side which Rovers fans were gathered.

On came the Rovers team, with a front three of midgets, Andy Watson, Matty Caudwell and thingybob Goodwin. Big man Mark Hume on the bench.

2-0 down, we slumped and sat down on the terrace in despair and I said "Surely we can't get any lower than this!?"

I think we made a late run to avoid relegation from the conference. For anyone of our younger generation who think recent times have been bad, there's plenty who went to some of those obscure places and saw us get beat.

I think I remember the game, although I don’t remember Shaun Goodwin playing up top.

The main reason I remember it is that Andy Watson miscontrolled right in front of us and only put in an half hearted effort to stop it going out of play. My dad, usually pretty mild mannered at games, gave him an earful. Something about not putting in effort, does he want to swap places, he’s bloody rubbish. Certainly nothing too extreme. But we were literally 15 yards from him in a pretty much empty stadium so it was like being shouted at from the other side of an empty street. Poor kid looked like he’d just watched someone drown his dog.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 23, 2024, 04:37:02 pm by Fal »
One to add aswell that just sprung to mind was 4-3 loss to Portsmouth at home which sent us down, we were going down anyway but the manner in which it happened with the god awful referring decisions and that cheating tw@t Kitson left a sour taste in my mouth.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 23, 2024, 05:32:19 pm by TonySoprano »
Hard to pick one out, but here's a few.

19.12.04. Home to sheff weds, lost 0-4 BUMP.

28.08.21 away to rotherham, matt smith lone striker

1.02.22. Home to rotherham, lost 0-5 paul Warne felt sorry for us.

15.02.11 . Home to Ipswich, battered 0-6

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 23, 2024, 06:08:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
2019 second round cup game v Gillingham lost 3-0 and were pathetic , Bingham sent off and the sense of what lay ahead for the club and  the useless manager we had.
  We were pathetic and had Dieng, Coppinger, Sheaf, Whiteman, Halliday and the dunderhead couldn't get a tune out of them, while Fatty Evans put a team out to run all over us.
   The future was there staring straight back at us, the last few month the first signs of any recovery.

What lay ahead for the club was one of the best 12-13 months in our history.

Try getting folk to see that. I wonder what it is about Moore that so riles some folk.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 06:35:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 23, 2024, 06:17:22 pm by RoversInSpain »
April 2006, lived in Cornwall so basically a local game. Took around 5 hours to get there instead of less than 3. Horrendous Easter traffic on A30.
We were abysmal in a 3-0 defeat, the one and only time in 50 years I’ve ever left early. I couldn’t stomach another car queue out of the car park.
Little did I know we’d play each other in the second tier just a few years later.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 23, 2024, 06:25:03 pm by DonnyNoel »

Kevin Noteman. Just whack it in the back of the open net, don't pass it along the ground on that mud bath of a pitch!!

Was that the two legger? If so think we were denied a clear pen when Johnny Muir was sent into orbit in the first half of the second leg.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 23, 2024, 06:26:23 pm by DonnyNoel »
Oddly, because in the grand scheme of things it mattered so little, the Arsenal game.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 24, 2024, 09:12:28 am by RedRover »
Lincoln City away, 23 March 1996. Beaten 4-0 by an infamous John Beck tactical masterclass/aerial bombardment.
 They dominated proceedings with their physical and direct style, the pitch had so much sand on it that it wouldn't of been a surprise to see children having donkey rides over it at half time. On the subject of the interval, I'd of left then only there been some issue preventing me from catching a train so I'd travelled by supporters club coach, the Retford branch kindly stopped and allowed me aboard after I flagged it down wearing my Rovers shirt outside Gainsborough train station.
 As a Rovers supporter born and raised in Lincolnshire there were no teams I disliked more than Lincoln and Scunny so it was a thoroughly miserable day and there weren't too many good uns in that period.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 24, 2024, 09:15:35 am by philsky »

A depressing non-stadium that was like Harworth Colliery’s ground but with a sloping pitch that needed ropes, crampons and Sherpas to mount an attack.

It might have been the utterly useless and wholly disinterested Justin Jackson who was credited with a deflected goal he knew bugger all about in a mad goal line scramble that scraped a draw.

The first year in the Conference was a shock to the system, but like most of us I was just happy that there was still a DRFC.

Im sure i went to that one - wasn't it played at Dartford or somewhere like that ?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 24, 2024, 06:36:09 pm by Drover »
Losing at home to Frickley Athletic in FA Trophy,take nothing away from Frickley,they deserved it,but it was the most depressed I've ever been following Rovers.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 24, 2024, 07:13:42 pm by scawsby steve »
Spurs away, quarter-final of the League Cup in 1975. We were brilliant for 70 minutes, and drawing 2-2, then the defence, Dennis Peacock particularly, just collapsed and we lost 2-7.

We really didn't deserve that, and the train ride home was bloody depressing.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 24, 2024, 09:03:39 pm by Herman Hessian »
beating Mansfield 2-0 in a cup replay in what was the second last game at Belle Vue, so December 2006; I knew that i couldn't make the Forest game, so it was my last ever visit to the old place - was absolutely, utterly f**king gutted for the entire duration of the game regardless of proceedings on the pitch, and still am... :(

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 24, 2024, 09:06:49 pm by StocksArmy »
Most recently was probably Carlisle away last season. That takes some beating for me.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 25, 2024, 12:36:42 pm by Draytonian III »

Im sure i went to that one - wasn't it played at Dartford or somewhere like that ?

We played Maidstone at Dartford, Roger McCkenzie ( sp ) played, I think he might have scored

TinyPortal © 2005-2012