Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:40:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TV coverage  (Read 5906 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: TV coverage
« Reply #30 on January 29, 2019, 11:19:51 am by normal rules »
The Newport boro replay is being shown on bt sport so perhaps they will not revisit either team in rd 5?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 29, 2019, 11:20:24 am by normal rules »
Only bbc and BT have rights for fa cup I believe.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 29, 2019, 11:29:14 am by IDM »
I don’t think they would wait for replays before picking the TV games.. I reckon they will pick the Man City game regardless..

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 29, 2019, 11:31:39 am by normal rules »
I agree. The Man City and Utd Chelsea games are nailed on.
That prob leaves three or 4 others to be shown.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 29, 2019, 12:19:39 pm by NickDRFC »
I'd be very surprised if we're not on TV. As everyone has said, Chelsea-Man Utd is nailed on but after that there are no all PL ties. I reckon we're definitely part of the next 3 most appealing ties...

Middlesborough or Newport vs Man City - very attractive - even if Boro go through it's still the PL champions who are fighting for four trophies

Rovers vs Palace - two divisions difference with a PL team, very attractive

Portsmouth or QPR vs Watford - two divisions difference with a PL team if Pompey get through, very attractive, will probably be picked for TV anyway as a London derby if QPR get through

Swansea vs Barnet or Brentford - only interesting if Barnet get through but unlikely

AFC Wimbledon vs Millwall - possible interest as Wimbledon might be the lowest ranked team in the comp, but as it stands now limited appeal

Bristol City vs Shrewsbury or Wolves - limited appeal regardless of who goes through

Brighton or West Brom vs Derby - limited appeal either way as mid-table PL team vs top table Championship team

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 29, 2019, 12:26:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'd be very surprised if we're not on TV. As everyone has said, Chelsea-Man Utd is nailed on but after that there are no all PL ties. I reckon we're definitely part of the next 3 most appealing ties...

Middlesborough or Newport vs Man City - very attractive - even if Boro go through it's still the PL champions who are fighting for four trophies

Rovers vs Palace - two divisions difference with a PL team, very attractive

Portsmouth or QPR vs Watford - two divisions difference with a PL team if Pompey get through, very attractive, will probably be picked for TV anyway as a London derby if QPR get through

Swansea vs Barnet or Brentford - only interesting if Barnet get through but unlikely

AFC Wimbledon vs Millwall - possible interest as Wimbledon might be the lowest ranked team in the comp, but as it stands now limited appeal

Bristol City vs Shrewsbury or Wolves - limited appeal regardless of who goes through

Brighton or West Brom vs Derby - limited appeal either way as mid-table PL team vs top table Championship team

Tend to agree although I think Wimbledon Millwall will be selected.

As said, as our game is certain, then it gives us a better chance as logistically they can organise it straight away

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 29, 2019, 12:36:50 pm by IDM »
Man Utd and Chelsea both play European fixtures in the week before the cup weekend, Chelsea play on the Thursday.  I reckon their cup tie will be the Monday nighter, Sunday at the earliest.

Friday night for us? To see if there is a cup shock to start the weekend.??  I would rather not as we have a Tuesday game beforehand..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 29, 2019, 12:47:44 pm by Filo »
Man Utd and Chelsea both play European fixtures in the week before the cup weekend, Chelsea play on the Thursday.  I reckon their cup tie will be the Monday nighter, Sunday at the earliest.

Friday night for us? To see if there is a cup shock to start the weekend.??  I would rather not as we have a Tuesday game beforehand..

Saturday tea time or Saturday Evening, games have been on at those times in previous rounds

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 29, 2019, 12:49:01 pm by RobTheRover »
And Saturday and Sunday lunchtime

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 29, 2019, 02:53:23 pm by andysly »
Bloody hell just checked my work rota. I’m working Friday, Sunday & Monday 😬😬

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 29, 2019, 03:33:59 pm by RoversAlias »
If we are to be on, I hope it's either Saturday anytime or Sunday afternoon. I can and will still make a Friday/Monday night but it's not quite the same and it will probably impact the attendance.

Chelsea v Man Utd is probably nailed on for one of the Sunday slots if Chelsea are in Europa League action the prior Thursday.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 29, 2019, 03:41:47 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It'll be a bit of a joke if we aren't selected, to be honest. I think we will be one of the Saturday games with Utd and Chelsea prime time Sunday. Man City could be the Friday game depending on their CL games

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 29, 2019, 03:52:44 pm by Axholme Lion »
They won't televise the millwall game for fear it turns ugly.

There will be no trouble at this game. There's no bad feeling between the clubs. Don't believe all the crap on talksport and sky.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 29, 2019, 04:14:07 pm by wing commander »
  I just hope they sort it out quickly,i suspect like me there are a lot of people who know they are otherwise committed that weekend who want to try and rearrange things,the more notice the easier it is..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 29, 2019, 06:50:11 pm by drfchound »
We will have to put up with this Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday scheduling when we get to the PL.
There will be no organising golf, days out with the kids etc as fixtures will be rearranged every month to suit the tv people.

On another note about tv coverage, I just watched Calendar to see what would be said about our Cup draw.
Not a word, not a word at all.
Now if Leeds had got to R5.............

At least Look North talked about us.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 29, 2019, 06:54:14 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes pleased to see us get a mention on LN
Quite a good enthusiastic mention ! Pleased with that even though it was shortish but what elsecan you say about a Cup Draw ? .... they even showed the actual Balls coming out !
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:00:50 pm by Donnywolf »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 29, 2019, 06:55:58 pm by drfchound »
Quite a good enthusiastic mention ! Pleased with that even though it was shortish but what can you say about a Draw ?

The Cup draw of course, they could have said the same as Look North did.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 30, 2019, 08:44:44 pm by 1879Rovers »
I will be shocked if we are not on. The chance of an upset, the TV will love the story of first time in the 5th rd for over 60-years and against a Premier League side managed by a former England manager.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 30, 2019, 10:23:34 pm by RedRover45 »
I have a hunch we'll be playing on Sunday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012