Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:55:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wing Kings  (Read 651 times)

Daryl, les@donr, SeahamRover, Little Wolf, Sprotyrover, redordead, donnyguy, Rovers Return, Torrevieja Rover, Nesh and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Wing Kings
« on Today at 02:02:32 pm by GazLaz »
xG and xA output from our wide men per 90min…

Molyneux 4038 minutes-

xG- 0.15
xA- 0.18

Total- 0.33

Adelakun 1829 minutes-

xG- 0.18
xA- 0.13

Total- 0.31

Hurst 707 minutes-

xG- 0.25
xA- 0.23

Total- 0.48

Interesting.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
Re: Wing Kings
« Reply #1 on Today at 02:10:58 pm by craigdrfc »
I fancy Hurst may be a big player for us next season. He impressed me when given cameo roles this season under McCann.

Personally I dont see both of (or either of) Moly and Haks signing back up.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on Today at 02:14:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Hurst was brilliant at the end of the season, but I do wonder if those figures have a lot to with game state though, bringing him on to run at tiring defenders was a great option.

I do think we need one starter to be an Adelakun type in that they'll look to stretch the oppositions defence and get onto balls over the top.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on Today at 02:19:20 pm by Lifelong supporter »

What does xG and xA mean please?

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on Today at 02:19:47 pm by Northants Nomad »
If only football was played on Excel, eh?

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on Today at 02:23:55 pm by philsky »

What does xG and xA mean please?

Same question from me please

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on Today at 02:28:58 pm by mushRTID »
Hurst has barely started and only comes on when the game is opening up.

This cant be that surprising is it?

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on Today at 02:30:20 pm by CJK »
Expected goals and expected assists.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on Today at 02:43:53 pm by GazLaz »

It is surprising. He’s got to be good to get to anything like those numbers.

Football is played on grass but everything that happens on that pitch can be quantified.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on Today at 02:46:21 pm by Padge_DRFC »
So Adelakun has completely outperformed then. Based on XG v actual goals.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on Today at 02:49:26 pm by pib »
We saw last season (in a shit side) that Hurst is a cracking player. Struggled to get going this season due to injuries, and by the time he did get fully fit, Haks came in. I think he can play a big part, especially if we don't get LM and/or HA signed up. I'd have him down as a starter for next season.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on Today at 02:55:29 pm by Mike_F »

Football is played on grass but everything that happens on that pitch can be quantified.

He does need to be good to get those numbers but they'd be even better if they achieved over a bigger sample time, the majority of which was against players with fresh legs. When a full-back has been run ragged for 70 mins by Moly and/or Haks it'll be easier for Hurst to deliver promising attacking plays.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on Today at 03:01:49 pm by GazLaz »

He does need to be good to get those numbers but they'd be even better if they achieved over a bigger sample time, the majority of which was against players with fresh legs. When a full-back has been run ragged for 70 mins by Moly and/or Haks it'll be easier for Hurst to deliver promising attacking plays.

Adjust them down by 20% and they are still good. Small sample obviously, which you can adjust for again, but they would still be really good.   

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on Today at 03:15:44 pm by ravenrover »

Molyneux 4038 minutes-

xG- 0.15
xA- 0.18

Total- 0.33

Adelakun 1829 minutes-

xG- 0.18
xA- 0.13

Total- 0.31

Hurst 707 minutes-

xG- 0.25
xA- 0.23

Total- 0.48

Interesting.
For the older members what does this all mean?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on Today at 03:30:22 pm by Mike_F »

Adjust them down by 20% and they are still good. Small sample obviously, which you can adjust for again, but they would still be really good.   

That's good to know. I really rate Hurst; he has bags of potential and I was a bit concerned when rumour had it that McCann wasn't a fan of his earlier in the season.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on Today at 03:51:06 pm by GazLaz »

That's good to know. I really rate Hurst; he has bags of potential and I was a bit concerned when rumour had it that McCann wasn't a fan of his earlier in the season.

These positive attacking outputs don’t take into account his off the ball stuff do they. Thats what he needs to work on.

Not impossible he could play the Haks, void of any real defensive responsibility role, if we get a good grafting winger on the other side.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on Today at 04:13:01 pm by IDM »
Expected goals and expected assists.

Calculated how.??

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on Today at 04:19:13 pm by KingKendrick »

Molyneux 4038 minutes-

xG- 0.15
xA- 0.18

Total- 0.33

Adelakun 1829 minutes-

xG- 0.18
xA- 0.13

Total- 0.31

Hurst 707 minutes-

xG- 0.25
xA- 0.23

Total- 0.48

Interesting.

Depends on the source I guess. Below shows Haks XG at 0.45 and his Actual goals at 0.48 per 90 putting him the 96th percentile in the division this season. Quite a contrast to those you’ve posted?

https://footystats.org/players/england/hakeem-adelakun

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on Today at 04:54:44 pm by ncRover »

These positive attacking outputs don’t take into account his off the ball stuff do they. Thats what he needs to work on.

Not impossible he could play the Haks, void of any real defensive responsibility role, if we get a good grafting winger on the other side.

Hard to find someone of Moly’s profile. Which is why I think it’s likely he doesn’t stay.

Jack Nolan left footed and plays on the right for Accrington but not a grafter going by his stats.

Mahoney currently on loan at Gillingham expiring at Huddersfield had a good season but might be L1 standard.

Humphrys as mentioned above also looks L1 standard.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012