Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:40:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lert's talk about the Wrexham game  (Read 7048 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Lert's talk about the Wrexham game
« Reply #30 on April 02, 2024, 10:26:26 am by selby »
  DBR, that is making it complicated, all season even when we were poor we made chances when in the oppositions half of the field, hence Ironsides goal tally, conversely we give other teams chances at the back hence our negative goal tally.
 We need to play as much as the game as possible in the oppositions half of the field to simplify it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 02, 2024, 10:33:43 am by Michael Shaw »
Wrexham will expect to win tonight. And even if they don't win it won't shake them, as there is still every chance they will go up in 3rd place as MKD have played 2 more than them and Barrow need 7 points to overtake them. Rovers need/want the win more.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 02, 2024, 11:08:55 am by ForsolongaRover »
The ref (Breakspear) is predominantly a League 1 official, but he has issued 148 yellow cards in 30 matches. Whether he will be alive to the shenanigans of the old pros of Wrexham remains questionable and it could be important if the behaviour predicted on here is a feature. He issued 12 yellows when Wimbledon played MKD recently, but only 2 in the recent FRG-Stockport game.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 02, 2024, 12:42:39 pm by ncRover »
This will be a tough game.

We saw our build up take a more measured and shorter approach against the aerially dominant Keogh and Inniss in the Forest Green game.

Conversely, against Crawley’s weaker defence we were more direct.

Tonight we will have to the take the former approach. I’m looking at the player stats and 2 of their back 3 (O’Connell and Boyle) are at Wood and Anderson levels of aerial dominance. Young Cleworth isn’t far behind either.

Richard Wood will have a good ding-dong with Ollie Palmer too I’m sure. I do think Mullin may have caused Big Tom some problems, hopefully Olowu can concentrate for 90 mins and match him.

Midfield will be a battle with the likes of McClean, Elliot Lee and Andy Cannon.

I remember the right wing back Luke Bolton causing us problems for Salford. But I’m sure he himself will have one eye on Hakeeb.

A potential weakness of theirs for me is their goalkeeper Okonkwo. He looked very error prone in coming off his line when I watched their FA cup tie. I’m sure our GK coach has done his research.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 02, 2024, 12:55:22 pm by Jersey Rover »
As tough as this game is, I still have confidence we will win. For me, the real test is the game after, away to Morcambe. That’s a tough game.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 02, 2024, 02:46:38 pm by colincramb »
Just had a quick nosey on their forum and most of their fans think tonight is pretty much a formality for them. Would love us to stick one on the arrogant gets. Are they forgetting they’ve spent the last 20 years in the abyss?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 02, 2024, 06:32:49 pm by scawsby steve »
Just had a quick nosey on their forum and most of their fans think tonight is pretty much a formality for them. Would love us to stick one on the arrogant gets. Are they forgetting they’ve spent the last 20 years in the abyss?

Absolutely, plus the fact that they struggled to beat us at their place, winning 2-1 with a deflected goal a couple of minutes from the end, at a time when we were crap.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 02, 2024, 06:37:00 pm by TonySoprano »
Really don't like them and their jonny come lately fans.

When they were fan owned they were terrible, and in the doldrums for years.

I remember a fan united day at their place years ago aswell.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 02, 2024, 07:16:00 pm by Avsuptem »
Just switched on to I player. Great to see Biamou getting a start. With him, Adelakun, Craig and Mollyneux we have a wealth of creativity. Wrexham will have to be damn good to keep us out.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 02, 2024, 09:46:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
What a performance that was and more than anything, what a defensive performance. Not seen that type of high quality defensive game for many a season. All five of them superb.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 02, 2024, 09:48:12 pm by GazLaz »
Great out of possession. So well organised.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 02, 2024, 09:49:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
Max Boyce, your two weirdo Yank owners, Shirley Bassey, the thousands of plastic fans who were nowhere to be seen when you were shit, can you hear us! Your boys took one hell of a beating tonight! Robbie Savage, can you hear us, your boys took one hell of a beating!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 02, 2024, 09:53:04 pm by NickDRFC »
Incredible performance. We just keep raising our game. Regardless of what happens from now we’ve really witnessed something special in this last dozen games.

DollyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 02, 2024, 09:56:36 pm by DollyRover »
Could and possibly should have been a few up before the inevitable onslaught at the end but we'll defended and battled. Oluwu was great, I've not always been his biggest fan but a great defensive display. WHAT A SAVE AT THE END

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 02, 2024, 09:57:21 pm by turnbull for england »
Could and possibly should have been a few up before the inevitable onslaught at the end but we'll defended and battled. Oluwu was great, I've not always been his biggest fan but a great defensive display. WHAT A SAVE AT THE END

Banksesque

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 02, 2024, 09:57:33 pm by ChrisBx »
That late save from TLT... outstanding!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 02, 2024, 09:59:42 pm by bpoolrover »
Brilliant by everyone tonight

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 02, 2024, 10:02:42 pm by DRFC_AjA »
That goal showed everything that's changed. The body on the line defending beforehand, the pass forward, the finish. Just brilliant from us today

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 02, 2024, 10:04:53 pm by StocksArmy »
Pick a MOTM out of that one then. Colossal performance. Couldn't be more proud of them.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 02, 2024, 10:06:43 pm by PDX_Rover »
Max Boyce, your two weirdo Yank owners, Shirley Bassey, the thousands of plastic fans who were nowhere to be seen when you were shit, can you hear us! Your boys took one hell of a beating tonight! Robbie Savage, can you hear us, your boys took one hell of a beating!

Dai Station, Jones the Steam, Daffyd the only gay in the village…

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 02, 2024, 10:14:23 pm by Bills view »
We look like a proper team.

Glad they put on a top notch performance in front of a bumper crowd.

Superb showing!!!

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 02, 2024, 10:22:52 pm by Avsuptem »
Horrible to see Wood exiting in such a troubled condition I pray for his well being. An immense player who's leadership is such an massive factor in the totally committed attitude of the entire squad. 

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 02, 2024, 10:25:20 pm by ncRover »

Someone please tell me what they’re saying now.

Can’t believe they were booing Wood thinking he was time wasting. Horrible

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 02, 2024, 10:27:47 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
What a bloody win. Proper game! But at what cost? Loss of Anderson for 2 more games and who knows with woods at the minute, olowu had a great game but does he need the experience at the side of him to keep him in line?

The show goes on!

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 02, 2024, 10:33:06 pm by Juddy »
Long way back to Wrexham on a Tuesday night SUPERB GAME well done Rovers every one of them played great

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 02, 2024, 10:45:12 pm by Lesonthewest »
Brilliant every one of them, we've beaten one of the front runners tonight, & it could so easily have by 2 or 3.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 02, 2024, 10:47:25 pm by PDX_Rover »
How Haks missed that sitter after the flick form Max... Damn.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 02, 2024, 10:48:13 pm by danumdon »
Fantastic battling game in front of a big crowd, proper team effort as they were playing 12 men most of the night.

I said in a earlier thread we had nothing to fear from this team, the lads stuck to their game plan and should of had a couple more.

GM will be quietly pleased that his overall plan is now starting to come to fruition.

We just need to keep going, its not a setback to loose your central defenders when your in this frame of mind, more a case of a fantastic opportunity for young players to show the club their worth, the confidence and team adrenalin will do the rest.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 02, 2024, 10:49:03 pm by Butchers Red »
Horrible to see Wood exiting in such a troubled condition I pray for his well being. An immense player who's leadership is such an massive factor in the totally committed attitude of the entire squad.

He'll be fit for Saturday - no danger  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 02, 2024, 10:52:31 pm by drfchound »

He'll be fit for Saturday - no danger  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We couldn’t see from the South Stand so don’t know if he has a head injury the main issue might be concussion protocol.
Is it ten days?
If so he would miss Morecambe and Walsall matches.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012