Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:28:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Other fixtures and results  (Read 4198 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Other fixtures and results
« Reply #60 on April 02, 2024, 07:47:42 am by normal rules »
Can rovers beat Wrexham 6 nil tonight please. The gd would put rovers 12th. And just 5 points off 7th.

And if rovers were to win the three games in hand they have on wimbledon, they would go above them by a point, not counting other teams to play of course.
This could be a bonkers end to a season.
A win tonight will send many, myself included, into even more day dream delusion.
Who would have thought it. Doom and despair at Xmas time, to this.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 07:50:44 am by normal rules »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 02, 2024, 07:52:39 am by Filo »
Can rovers beat Wrexham 6 nil tonight please. The gd would put rovers 12th. And just 5 points off 7th.

And if rovers were to win the three games in hand they have on wimbledon, they would go above them by a point, not counting other teams to play of course.
A win tonight will send many, myself included, into even more day dream delusion.

13th and 7 points off 7th

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 02, 2024, 08:00:07 am by normal rules »

13th and 7 points off 7th

Oops. I hadn’t refreshed my league table from yesterday.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on April 02, 2024, 08:40:36 am by IDM »
As long as it remains mathematically possible to finish 7th then we have a chance, albeit slight and much less if we drop points.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 02, 2024, 09:02:17 am by Jonathan »
I think we need to treat this as a bit of fun more than anything. The last thing we need now is any anger and disappointment setting in for not making the play offs. Let’s just win as many games as we can, enjoy it and see where it gets us with no pressure. We need the feel good factor around the club.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 02, 2024, 09:54:58 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The fun has been and is, seeing how long we can go with a mathematical chance of doing it.

Imagine the scenario, if we are 7 points behind with 3 games left (two for the rest)

Our rivals slip up and we're 4 points behind with two to play to their one?? Win the game in hand...and we take it all the way to the final game.

It may be fantasy but much of football is made up of these dreams of glory.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 02, 2024, 10:27:39 am by Michael Shaw »
This is the most exciting end of season for Rovers in many years. Mathematically very difficult but not impossible. It's down to us to win as many as possible, and personally I would not bet against this squad. What other clubs do is impossible to predict as even clubs above us are losing to lower clubs like FGR, but as McCann always says it's all down to winning the next game.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 02, 2024, 10:37:58 am by drfcsteve »
Whatever happens well done to Grant for turning things around. I was starting to have doubts when we were looking like we’d be dragged in to a relegation scrap. To go from that to the excitement of doing the impossible is a great end to the season whatever happens, and should help put a few more bums on seats (and sell a few more season tickets)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 02, 2024, 01:38:17 pm by dickos1 »
Crawley winning today kissed any chance goodbye. Let's concentrate on next season.

Can’t have!
We win tomorrow and we’re 7 points off them, their next two games are Mansfield and Wrexham away whereas ours are Morecambe and Walsall.

Morecambe and Walsall have just as much to play for as Stockport and Wrexham, who are actually both looking pretty comfortable for automatic promotion now.

We have a chance of finishing seventh, yes, but it’s still extremely remote that would rely on a history-making set of results as well as failures of several other clubs. Reading some posts on here you’d think it was a fait accompli.

I just said we can’t have kissed any chance goodbye which is pretty much the same point youve made. So you’re disagreeing and agreeing with me in the same post

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 02, 2024, 02:56:31 pm by ncRover »
I can’t remember his exact words but McCann did admit that maybe he was somewhat naive as to what it took to succeed in league 2 but that he and the group have realised.

I think we will be in the top 3 of the bookies’ favourite to go up next year. If the current top 3 go up that’s 3 with massive budgets out of the division. Hopefully MK win the play offs too then it’s 4.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 02, 2024, 04:59:11 pm by normal rules »
I think we need to treat this as a bit of fun more than anything. The last thing we need now is any anger and disappointment setting in for not making the play offs. Let’s just win as many games as we can, enjoy it and see where it gets us with no pressure. We need the feel good factor around the club.

I fully anticipate rovers not to make the playoffs.
I also fully anticipate a top half finish. Which I’ll be made up with. All things considered.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 02, 2024, 10:04:18 pm by Michael Shaw »
We blew away Wrexham. We have Barrow also at home. 5 wins in a row. I haven't written off the playoffs.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 02, 2024, 10:14:26 pm by Avsuptem »
I can’t remember his exact words but McCann did admit that maybe he was somewhat naive as to what it took to succeed in league 2 but that he and the group have realised.

I think we will be in the top 3 of the bookies’ favourite to go up next year. If the current top 3 go up that’s 3 with massive budgets out of the division. Hopefully MK win the play offs too then it’s 4.

I agree with all of the above apart from the last sentence. Hopefully we win the play offs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012