Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:55:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joseph Olowu  (Read 1852 times)

danumdon

• Forum Member
Re: Joseph Olowu
« Reply #30 on April 02, 2024, 11:01:22 pm by danumdon »
Big game performance from Joe tonight, this will do his confidence a world of good, outstanding.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 02, 2024, 11:10:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So pleased he's getting the credit. He lost his mojo a bit after that cheek injury but it looks like he's growing in confidence again.

We sometimes forget how good he was when he can carry the ball out of defence, like that run he had in the second half. He used his pace to really good effect tonight getting the balance right knowing when to get tight and when not. Mullin didn't get much change out of Joe tonight and his booking showed he knew who'd won the battle.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 02, 2024, 11:19:35 pm by Dabbermoo »
Absolutely Joe's best performance in a rovers shirt imo, absolute class act tonight. Was great to see him as well as all the players did recieve the standing ovation they all fuly deserved. 10500 fans witnessed the biggest result of Rovers season so far and the performance to match.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 02, 2024, 11:27:14 pm by Campsall rover »
What a performance that was from Joe.

Bobby Moore, Franco Baresi & Paolo Maldini all wrapped up into one player.

WOW WOW WOW and any other adjectives you can think of.
That was one of the best defensive performance I have ever seen from a Rovers player. Seriously it was that good.

I though Richard Wood was more than outstanding at Crawley but that tonight from Joe was on another level.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 02, 2024, 11:27:35 pm by Donnyjim »
Magnificent from Joseph. He was like a brick wall tonight. Nothing was getting through him. Take a bow sir.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 02, 2024, 11:29:26 pm by Filo »
I never lost faith in him at all, he’s class, beat Mullin for pace and that step out of defence was excellent

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 02, 2024, 11:43:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Also, a few words on both Sterry and Maxwell, very composed and tenacious when they needed to be. I had my doubts about Sterry on his return from injury but he's getting better every game.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 02, 2024, 11:57:16 pm by Campsall rover »
Also, a few words on both Sterry and Maxwell, very composed and tenacious when they needed to be. I had my doubts about Sterry on his return from injury but he's getting better every game.
Agreed. They are both looking much better defensively in the last few games. Both really tenacious.
Great to see 2 full backs who can tackle and stand up to a physical battle.
Almost brought back memories of Jimmy O’Connor & Gareth Roberts.
Well now they are not in their class but looking like a pair of proper full backs which we haven’t had for quite some time.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 03, 2024, 12:27:23 am by Pancho Regan »
Agree with all the plaudits about Joseph, an absolutely heroic performance from him tonight.

I thought Mullin was going to start crying ……

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 03, 2024, 07:38:36 am by drfcsteve »
Wood and Olowu must be the first choice pairing on that showing when both are fit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012