Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:57:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Atmosphere  (Read 1961 times)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Atmosphere
« on April 02, 2024, 11:08:41 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Superb tonight. Stadiums so good when it’s as full as it is. Players thrive on the atmosphere.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

karldew

• Forum Member
Re: Atmosphere
« Reply #1 on April 02, 2024, 11:09:50 pm by karldew »
Molly has tweeted it’s best he’s seen since he’s been here.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 02, 2024, 11:10:43 pm by monkeytennis »
Was like back when I first started going in the Championship days. Yes I was a late starter! What a night and what a game.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 02, 2024, 11:11:27 pm by The Beast »
Yeah, brilliant! Russ Abbott himself would have been proud of it!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 02, 2024, 11:11:38 pm by dknward2 »
Molly has tweeted it’s best he’s seen since he’s been here.

We need to keep this up for every home match be the 12th man

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 02, 2024, 11:15:19 pm by phil o sophical »
Lot of people sat near us I've never seen before. Hope they liked what they saw and carry on coming. Realistically tho I think they half expected to see Ryan Reynolds in a Wrexham shirt

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 02, 2024, 11:15:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, very good atmosphere with some good banter between the two sets of fans, especially the sheep references with Rovers fans clapping Wrexhams response.

This is how football support should be.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 02, 2024, 11:21:27 pm by danumdon »
Oi, welshy leave them sheep alone! (pink floyd, another brick in the wall)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 02, 2024, 11:31:08 pm by Donnyjim »
It was excellent. Good banter but our fans were on another level tonight. A 12 man.

McCammon egg n chips

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 02, 2024, 11:34:28 pm by McCammon egg n chips »
Best atmosphere in ages, under the lights, cup game type feeling of must win at all costs. Absolutely loved it.

Hope all those returning fans who turned up will have reason to come back soon.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 02, 2024, 11:38:13 pm by Campsall rover »
Thought there was more than 10.500 in the ground tonight.
Must have been almost 3.000 from Wrexham

Best home support in a league game we have had for a few years.
Pre Covid that’s for sure.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 02, 2024, 11:41:01 pm by drfchound »
Yes, very good atmosphere with some good banter between the two sets of fans, especially the sheep references with Rovers fans clapping Wrexhams response.

After the sheep shagger song exchange I am sure that the Wrexham fans then went with, “oh the sheep, are wonderful, oh yes the sheep are wonderful etc”.
Really funny.

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 02, 2024, 11:43:57 pm by Bills view »
It was a great game between two good teams with Rovers on top for most of it.

100% effort, winning battles across the pitch, some lovely moves, chances, excitement, tense moments near the end.

And the three points.

What more could us fans ask for.

Worth every penny tonight!

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 03, 2024, 12:10:16 am by Pancho Regan »
A brilliant night, that will stay in the memory for a long time

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 03, 2024, 06:42:19 am by Padge_DRFC »
Bit like the Everton games. The only difference their fans didn't want to beat their own players up given the chance at half time.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 03, 2024, 06:56:53 am by donnievic »
I could hardly hear the Wrexham fan tbf from the south stand apart from early doors and then maybe in last 10 mins or so

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 03, 2024, 07:00:32 am by Muttley »

Shame the Wrexham fans let themselves down with their reaction to Wood's head injury - quite a few chants of "Let him die", jeering when he didn't get on the stretcher and no applause when he walked off having obviously suffered a nasty gash to his head.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 03, 2024, 09:46:26 am by DRFC_AjA »
The place is going to be rocking if we did get to play offs

Couple of points though.....said this before like an old man, stop playing a drunk karaoke wild rover super loud as the teams come out. That's the point when both sets of fans make some big noise and get the atmosphere going for the game. And stop shouting down the mic a verbal diaroaarrha of everything thats happening  :woot:

The Wrexham and donny fans were both making good noise as teams came out yesterday but you wouldn't know because you've got shouty mcshouty screaming "hherreee cooommmmeeee the tttteeeaammms" etc "it's Wrexham versus dddooonnncccaaasssttteerrr". No sh*t sherlock

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 03, 2024, 10:45:08 am by pib »
Love to see a bigger crowd in the ground, but where are all these people usually? It would make such a difference to the club if we could get 8k+ home fans every game.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 03, 2024, 11:27:57 am by Colin C No.3 »
It’s games like that you put in your ‘I was there file’.

McCammon egg n chips

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 03, 2024, 11:57:30 am by McCammon egg n chips »
Love to see a bigger crowd in the ground, but where are all these people usually? It would make such a difference to the club if we could get 8k+ home fans every game.

We don't have a god given right to a full crowd.

Don't get me wrong I've sat until full time for every match in those last three seasons and still would if we dropped down to Conference North. But you can't just expect hard working people of Doncaster to turn up when, let's be honest, we've been crap for three seasons now.

We start playing well and surprise surprise, people feel like paying cash for some entertainment. I've no problem with that.

The best way of getting those 8k fans each match is getting the performances on the pitch (which we are doing). Fans will soon start flocking back - as they did last night.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 03, 2024, 12:07:59 pm by pib »

We don't have a god given right to a full crowd.

Don't get me wrong I've sat until full time for every match in those last three seasons and still would if we dropped down to Conference North. But you can't just expect hard working people of Doncaster to turn up when, let's be honest, we've been crap for three seasons now.

We start playing well and surprise surprise, people feel like paying cash for some entertainment. I've no problem with that.

The best way of getting those 8k fans each match is getting the performances on the pitch (which we are doing). Fans will soon start flocking back - as they did last night.

I agree with most of what you're saying, and didn't mean to imply that we have a god-given right to a good crowd.

To be honest I think a lot of people turned up last night just because it's Wrexham, rather than particularly due to the form we're in, which baffles me a bit. OK, they've got Hollywood owners and have become a high profile club for the division, but aside from that (no disrespect intended) they're not a particularly special opponent.

I'd love to see 8k home fans turn up next week against Walsall as well, just because they follow Rovers and we're on a good run regardless of who we're playing. Would love to be proven wrong but can't see it.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 03, 2024, 12:29:17 pm by Jonathan »

Sadly, after being in and out of hospital more times in the last month than the rest of my life, I wasn’t! So reading all the positivity on here is a great comfort.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 03, 2024, 08:16:17 pm by scawsby steve »

Sadly, after being in and out of hospital more times in the last month than the rest of my life, I wasn’t! So reading all the positivity on here is a great comfort.

Get well soon, Jonathan.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 03, 2024, 08:27:43 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I could hardly hear the Wrexham fan tbf from the south stand apart from early doors and then maybe in last 10 mins or so

Away fans say the same. Ground built so if you stand outside it the atmosphere sounds ace. Inside no unless sat in the same stand

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 03, 2024, 08:28:06 pm by Iberian Red »
All the best Jonathon.
If it's any consolation,I wasn't there either.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 03, 2024, 09:57:46 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Sorry to hear that Jono & wishing you a speedy & full recovery.

Glad all the positivity is helping.

If you close your eyes & recall how you felt when the final whistle went at Wembley in the Championship play off Final against of all teams Leeds bloody United…..well it felt a bit like that.

Keep that chin up.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 03, 2024, 10:14:36 pm by Jonathan »
Thanks everyone, been a nasty 6 weeks or so (for me, quite the opposite for the club!) but I’m gradually on the mend now and hoping this amazing run of form continues!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012