Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:08:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Downing street party  (Read 15871 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Downing street party
« Reply #30 on January 11, 2022, 10:26:44 am by Bentley Bullet »
Are you saying you don't accept the leaked email and the response of the Govt as evidence that the party happened?

I don't accept people's desperate attempts to bring down a government in the only way they can because the party they support is too inept to gather enough support on its own merit.

I also get sick and tired of watching complete arseholes like Richard f**king Madeley and Susanna bitch Reid insisting Boris states whether he was at the party or not when if he'd have answered either way they would have accused him of admitting there was a party because you can't go or not go to a party that didn't take place.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 11, 2022, 10:31:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
She is the poster girl for all that has fallen apart in BBC political journalism.

Zero interest or ability in doing the hard stuff of digging into detail and doing hard analysis.

She's made a career out of being matey with politicians and aides and acting as a conduit for whatever story they want to get out.

That example a couple of days before the last election, when Cummings texted her that a Labour party member had assaulted a Tory aide outside a hospital (plot spoiler: nothing of the sort happened) and she just repeated that unchecked and unprocessed was what you get from her. Shockingly bad journalism.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 11, 2022, 10:33:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So you're not going to make any criticism of this affair. And that's not being politically biased.

Glad you've cleared that up BB.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 11, 2022, 10:34:47 am by Bentley Bullet »
She is the poster girl for all that has fallen apart in BBC political journalism.

Zero interest or ability in doing the hard stuff of digging into detail and doing hard analysis.

She's made a career out of being matey with politicians and aides and acting as a conduit for whatever story they want to get out.

That example a couple of days before the last election, when Cummings texted her that a Labour party member had assaulted a Tory aide outside a hospital (plot spoiler: nothing of the sort happened) and she just repeated that unchecked and unprocessed was what you get from her. Shockingly bad journalism.
Yeah, fancy believing a liar like Cummings.........Hang on a minute!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 11, 2022, 10:41:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
So you're not going to make any criticism of this affair. And that's not being politically biased.

Glad you've cleared that up BB.

ME politically BIASED? Hahahahahahahahahahahahhhahhahahahahahhahahahahahaha!
Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh? HE IS HAVING A LAUGH!

Apart from that, I'll criticise any misdemeanours when proper evidence from a proper investigation concludes that misdemeanours have occurred if you don't mind..... Not that I don't trust YOUR judgement like!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 07:25:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 11, 2022, 10:42:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And off you go again BB. Doing that black/white Good/Evil Old Testmanent act again.

Do you remember WHY I believed Cummings on certain issues? Because he had documentary evidence. I wouldn't trust him to tell me the time honestly if there was no back up. But when his claims are backed up by documentary evidence, choosing to ignore that is something only the politically biased would do. As you did.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 11, 2022, 10:45:02 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes BB.

Take a step back and see how you come across. You never, ever criticise any action of Johnson or this Govt. You never ever approve of anything that Starmer or the Labour party does. That is the most extreme example of political bias in this place. And you don't even realise it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 11, 2022, 10:53:42 am by Bentley Bullet »
And off you go again BB. Doing that black/white Good/Evil Old Testmanent act again.

Do you remember WHY I believed Cummings on certain issues? Because he had documentary evidence. I wouldn't trust him to tell me the time honestly if there was no back up. But when his claims are backed up by documentary evidence, choosing to ignore that is something only the politically biased would do. As you did.
I, like everybody else, know why you believe Cummings on certain issues. You believe him if it suits your agenda. Otherwise, you wouldn't even bother searching for documentary evidence.

And, you continue to be wrong in assuming I'm the one who's politically biased when plenty of my political posts on this forum are intended to address political bias, just like on this occasion.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 11, 2022, 11:01:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I didn't say anything about you being THE one who is politically biased.

Every person alive have political bias. There's just no-one in here quite as biased as you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 11, 2022, 11:10:32 am by SydneyRover »
''Seven occasions when Boris Johnson denied No 10 broke Covid rules
The moments when PM said claims of Downing Street lockdown party breaches were false''

It will be good to see johnson support these claims.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/11/seven-occasions-when-boris-johnson-denied-no-10-broke-covid-rules

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 11, 2022, 11:13:37 am by Bentley Bullet »
I didn't say anything about you being THE one who is politically biased.

Every person alive have political bias. There's just no-one in here quite as biased as you.
I detect some personal bias there! Maybe you should look in the mirror.

Edit: On reflection, maybe you've spent too long looking in the Mirror.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 11, 2022, 11:15:17 am by Filo »
And BB deflects another thread down a rabbit hole rather than comment on the subject of the thread!!!!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 11, 2022, 11:19:37 am by Colin C No.3 »
I’d love it if Kuensberg was implicated in knowing all about this at the time, but chose to say nothing.
Cant stand the toxic cow.

Oi!
Leave wobbly-gob alone, she’s the political poster babe forcryingoutloud!
Using the term ‘wobbly gob’ is entirely inappropriate & if you had anything about you, you’d remove your post immediately, but knowing you I won’t hold my breath.

There are many people who suffer facial palsies after a TIA. 

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 11, 2022, 11:24:13 am by Colin C No.3 »
https://news.sky.com/video/share-12513317
I hope the link plays but if not, the very short video of the Sky reporter asking him a question is on the Sky website.
Why was her follow up question not ‘Why are you laughing? Do you think this is funny?’.
Jeez, where are all the ‘Robin Days’ when you need them.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 11, 2022, 11:25:33 am by Bentley Bullet »
And BB deflects another thread down a rabbit hole rather than comment on the subject of the thread!!!!

Deflecting political bias is a worthy cause.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 11, 2022, 11:42:03 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There is a world of difference in my view between a few drinks and food outside whilst still discussing work alongside really long hours and preplanned having a get together which this appears to be.  That's a significant difference and it takes it from a view of being fair enough to being totally unacceptable.

Might be the end of Boris as PM, but I'm not sure how long that joy will be lived on the left when someone else comes in.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 11, 2022, 12:06:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://news.sky.com/video/share-12513317
I hope the link plays but if not, the very short video of the Sky reporter asking him a question is on the Sky website.
Why was her follow up question not ‘Why are you laughing? Do you think this is funny?’.

Christ, that is the political equivalent of "Under advice from my legal team, I have chosen not to answer that question."

If he survives this, I do wonder whether our political system is broken beyond repair.

As for "the left" having to worry about his successor, one thing is for sure. His successor will not have the same box office appeal as Johnson. The debate post-Johnson will be less one of personalities and more one of principles and policies. And as I've noted several times, there is very little good news on the horizon for the Tories. Living standards will be ground down for the next 18 months and the car crash of dealing with the consequences of Brexit will roll remorselessly on. Sunak and Truss, the two most likely successors, have their dabs all over the policies that are storing up so much trouble in the medium future.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 11, 2022, 12:29:54 pm by ravenrover »
There is a world of difference in my view between a few drinks and food outside whilst still discussing work alongside really long hours and preplanned having a get together which this appears to be.  That's a significant difference and it takes it from a view of being fair enough to being totally unacceptable.

Might be the end of Boris as PM, but I'm not sure how long that joy will be lived on the left when someone else comes in.
So ypu really believe that the cheese and wine "party in the garden" was a continuation of a business meeting even with Carrie Antoinette and sprog in tow? Wow!
Assuming in your job you attend business meetings there are usually 2 things usually visible a pen and note pad, assuming of course iPads are not being used, can't see any of those things at that particular business meeting
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 03:01:00 pm by ravenrover »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 11, 2022, 12:59:32 pm by River Don »

TBH getting Johnson out now maybe detrimental to the Labour parties chances in the next election.

Popular as Johnson has been, given all the sleeze he is wallowing in and the likely prospect of more to come, and the forthcoming cost of living crisis...

Then that might well be a better opportunity than seeing the Conservatives bring in a more capable leader to clear the mess before the next election
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 01:02:52 pm by River Don »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 11, 2022, 01:57:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That's always assuming they have a more capable leader in waiting.

Sunak has demonstrated several times in the past year that he either doesn't understand the simple basics of economics, or is is another out and out deceiver. Either way, his economic policies are going to hit the majority of workers very, very hard over the next 18 months.

Truss? well God alone knows what Truss is. She has flipped from a committed Remainer, (correctly) warning of the economic damage that Brexit would cause, to a Little Englander, impotently threatening to blow our own kneecaps off if the EU won't do what we want. And that's before you get onto her public speaking. For God's sake, don't ask her to say "cheese".

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 11, 2022, 02:12:52 pm by belton rover »
Or wine. Or party.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 11, 2022, 03:03:49 pm by Axholme Lion »

JRM, Pritti Patel, Esther Mcvey all a better choice than Captain Hindsight and Little Miss Gobshite on the oppo benches.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 11, 2022, 03:13:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
3 thoughts.

1) When Johnson has been caught with his keck's down and his cock in his hand before, the Tories have wheeled out well-known ministers to take the flak in the media and argue that it wasn't his cock, it was a sword in his hand that he was going to use to free Brittania.

Today they have fronted up with Michael Ellis in Parliament and Edward Argar in the media.

Now, I'm a politics obsessive but I have never heard of either of these two. And listening to their performances I can see why. 

2) That screams out that the big names have dug their heels in this time and are refusing to give Johnson cover. I'm guessing they are considering how trying to defend this shit show would look when they stand for leader.

3) And here's the biggie. The defence line those two non-entities used repeatedly today was "We're not talking about this until the investigation has reported." Which means 2 things. One they don't have any credible defence line to push. 2) Johnson's political future is now entirely in the hands of the civil servant running the investigation. He's always been a master of giving himself an escape route when he's lied in the past. This time, he is painted right into the corner.

It always catches up with you in the end.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 11, 2022, 03:14:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

JRM, Pritti Patel, Esther Mcvey all a better choice than Captain Hindsight and Little Miss Gobshite on the oppo benches.

Oh please! Please baby Jesus! Any one of those three for Tory leader! All three would be even better.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 11, 2022, 03:20:56 pm by Colin C No.3 »
While Bozo was attending his party, my brother was visiting our mum who was in a nursing home that was in lockdown.

Mum was 99 years old, blind, very deaf, confused & frightened. She couldn’t understand why my brother ‘wouldn’t’ hug her as he stood outside with his mask on trying to talk to her through an open window.

I was isolating because I’m in the ‘high risk category’, isolating as advised by this government.

Mum died in the January, 2 months before her 100th birthday.

I’d always promised her I’d be by her side. I wasn’t.

I seeth every time I see this man’s image.

I wish him nothing but ill.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 11, 2022, 03:27:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
A few weeks after that party, my 78 year old mother was in hospital after a heart attack. None of the family was able to visit her. But that t**t and his cronies were above the rules that the rest of us stuck to for the good of society.

And don't anyone dare come in here and say they didn't know what an amoral Kitson they were voting for when they voted him in.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 11, 2022, 03:36:57 pm by belton rover »
It really doesn’t matter who is the next PM. Or the next, or the next.

The opposition are a million miles away from being given the opportunity to do, or being capable of doing, a better job.

Simply waiting and hoping for this government to collectively or individually f**k up to such an extent that they lose enough votes to relinquish power is frightening.

British politics has mutated into something quite hideous over the past decade or so. Not one party, just in general. In that sense, they ARE all the same.

We are in for years and years of terrible governance, whoever is in charge. There is just no light in sight. That isn’t just because of Brexit, or Covid or any other single reason.

We are being desperately let down by all of them, and it’s not going to change for a long, long time.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 03:44:54 pm by belton rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 11, 2022, 03:41:50 pm by drfchound »
I reckon everyone knows that Belton but some won’t admit it.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 11, 2022, 03:46:06 pm by belton rover »
I reckon everyone knows that Belton but some won’t admit it.

Which is why it’s not going to get any better, any time soon.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 11, 2022, 04:05:31 pm by turnbull for england »
While Bozo was attending his party, my brother was visiting our mum who was in a nursing home that was in lockdown.

Mum was 99 years old, blind, very deaf, confused & frightened. She couldn’t understand why my brother ‘wouldn’t’ hug her as he stood outside with his mask on trying to talk to her through an open window.

I was isolating because I’m in the ‘high risk category’, isolating as advised by this government.

Mum died in the January, 2 months before her 100th birthday.

I’d always promised her I’d be by her side. I wasn’t.

I seeth every time I see this man’s image.

I wish him nothing but ill.

That must be awful for you and your family. My wife's man who passed away recently had only just gone into a home as she was cared for by her two daughters during that period , not because that was really the best thing for any of them but they couldn't basically agree not to see her again , So they battled on and managed to the detriment of all of them I think. These and all the others like them  are the examples they have to be accountable for , and frankly " they are all the same " just doesn't cut it
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 04:09:17 pm by turnbull for england »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012