Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:19:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Downing street party  (Read 15873 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Downing street party
« Reply #210 on January 13, 2022, 12:14:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Keep fishing BB. I'm not going down another rabbit hole with you. Feel free to go as far down as you wish.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #211 on January 13, 2022, 01:30:49 pm by Not Now Kato »
Keep fishing BB. I'm not going down another rabbit hole with you. Feel free to go as far down as you wish.

BST, please please please, ignore him and hopefully he'll go away and folks can then have sensible discussions about something that is very important to the country as a whole!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on January 13, 2022, 02:09:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »
And here's me thinking it was you fishing! You and your mates can't be wrong though, can they BST, even if they looked back at today's evidence on this thread and witnessed the truth themselves they wouldn't admit it, would they?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on January 13, 2022, 06:07:31 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Sent an email to my Tory MP today telling him I was outraged at Boris Johnson having a Downing Street Garden Party whilst the rest of the country was in lockdown.

The fact that he’d broken the rules that his government had set out which were being policed by officers patrolling parks & other recreational areas to ensure people were meeting with only one member of another household, while in the meantime he was at a party where 100 other people had been invited I found outrageous.

I told him about the personal sacrifice I had made that day in not being able to be with my aged mother who died soon after.

I told him that because of that, every time I saw Boris Johnson’s image it brought back the sad memories of that day.

I told him that the vast majority of the British people felt let down, lied to, laughed at & ridiculed by his actions & therefore the only option left to the Prime Minister was to resign.

I said that of course I didn’t believe he would ever be man enough to take that course of action & so, as a staunch Conservative voter for over 40 years ( it’s not only Boris who can tell porkies) I could not bring myself to put an X on my ballot paper next to a Conservative candidate in ANY election until Boris Johnson’s ‘removal’.

I then said three Hail Mary’s (I’m an atheist), finished my mug of tea, had a s**te & felt all the better for it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on January 13, 2022, 09:03:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is astonishing. And it's really starting to look like an Establishment cover up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1481678636096892929

The Met are relying on Sue Gray's investigation to tell them whether they need to investigate.

They will only investigate if evidence of a breach of the regulations is found!

Johnson admitted he broke the f**king regulations in Parliament yesterday!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on January 13, 2022, 09:12:57 pm by Filo »
You can go back to 1984 and discover that they were the paramilitary arm of a Tory Govt

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on January 13, 2022, 09:29:32 pm by SydneyRover »
What an abject coward johnson is, he has form for running away for self preservation and he likens himself to Churchill.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on January 13, 2022, 10:14:56 pm by wilts rover »
Not another one!

No10 staff had 'boozy'party the night before Prince Phillip's funeral - at which of course the Queen sat om her following the rules at the time

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/01/13/two-parties-held-downing-street-queen-country-mourned-death/

Paywall taken off - story is currently free to read

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on January 13, 2022, 11:52:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I can see the plan.

If the number of parties that Sue Gray has to report on keeps growing like this, she'll not have finished her investigation before the heat death of the Universe. Johnson stays in No10!

Genius!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on January 14, 2022, 12:53:55 am by albie »
Very interesting that the government are referring to the work of Sue Grey as an "Independent Inquiry"........it is neither!

It is an internal report, commissioned by the PM, reporting to the PM and the senior civil servant.
It is within the power of the PM to disregard it, if he so wishes.

An Inquiry is a completely different process, not involved here.
"Independent" would not be conducted by in-house staff.
Most likely is that a redacted summary of findings will be released, rather than the full report.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on January 14, 2022, 04:48:20 am by SydneyRover »
2 leaving parties on the night of 16/04/2020 at #10 when deaths were averaging around 840/day, but nothing to see here apparently.

''Staff inside Downing Street held two staff leaving events featuring alcohol, and one with loud music, on the evening before Prince Philip’s funeral in April last year, when such social contact remained banned, according to new allegations reported on Thursday.

Eyewitnesses told the Daily Telegraph that a combined total of about 30 people took part in what appeared to be social events in different parts of Downing Street, before both gatherings combined in the garden.

According to one attender, a staff member was sent with a suitcase to the Co-op on the Strand, a short walk away, returning with the case filled with bottles of wine''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/13/two-downing-street-parties-held-evening-before-prince-philips-funeral-reports

A name change to 'Tramp' is being considered.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on January 14, 2022, 05:18:38 am by Donnywolf »
Very interesting that the government are referring to the work of Sue Grey as an "Independent Inquiry"........it is neither!

It is an internal report, commissioned by the PM, reporting to the PM and the senior civil servant.
It is within the power of the PM to disregard it, if he so wishes.

An Inquiry is a completely different process, not involved here.
"Independent" would not be conducted by in-house staff.
Most likely is that a redacted summary of findings will be released, rather than the full report.

... as indeed he did with Patel's "bullying" Report  [disregard it that is]. He said nothing to see here we have moved on, matter closed

The minions all popped out with their " supportive Tweets" and their TV Interviews supporting Patel

Meanwhile the Independent compiler of the Report resigned after his report was ignored and Taxpayers coughed up a 6 figure sum [cant remember the exact amount ] was given to the "bullied" person for something like "wrongful dismissal"

So when Sue Gray finally gets the Report in I wont be holding my breath

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on January 14, 2022, 07:13:55 am by drfchound »
I can see the plan.

If the number of parties that Sue Gray has to report on keeps growing like this, she'll not have finished her investigation before the heat death of the Universe. Johnson stays in No10!

Genius!

Johnson will be gone soon.
Plenty turning on him now.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on January 14, 2022, 08:23:40 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Absolutely. I have a bit of sympathy for him given he wasn't around for the others, but that's what you get when you don't nip it in the bud from the start.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on January 14, 2022, 09:14:45 am by i_ateallthepies »
Absolutely. I have a bit of sympathy for him given he wasn't around for the others, but that's what you get when you don't nip it in the bud from the start.

Un-f**king-believable!

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on January 14, 2022, 09:23:17 am by mugnapper »
Nice to see Gray’s report findings leaked to the Press today.
She will conclude ‘ No criminality occurred’.
I’m sure the spineless Met Police will take that as the end of the matter.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #226 on January 14, 2022, 09:27:04 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Woman from Manchester on the radio this morning.

"I've got no time for politicians. All of them. They're all as bad as each other. I mean. They're all having all these parties in London."

She'd fit in well with some folk in here.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on January 14, 2022, 09:33:48 am by Ldr »
Woman from Manchester on the radio this morning.

"I've got no time for politicians. All of them. They're all as bad as each other. I mean. They're all having all these parties in London."

She'd fit in well with some folk in here.

My hero

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on January 14, 2022, 09:36:45 am by SydneyRover »

Have you forgotten everything about the last 2 years already pud?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on January 14, 2022, 09:40:04 am by River Don »

50 charades of Gray.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on January 14, 2022, 09:49:59 am by Filo »

So when will the march on Downing Street happen?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on January 14, 2022, 09:52:39 am by SydneyRover »

So when will the march on Downing Street happen?

It won't the natives are busy getting wound up over midget gems apparently

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on January 14, 2022, 10:02:55 am by tommy toes »
Watched QT last night  and even Isabel Oakshott was saying he should resign now.
If the likes of her have turned on him, it must be the end of the road.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on January 14, 2022, 10:21:56 am by normal rules »
Once the 1922 committee have 54 letters (15%) from Tory MPs wanting him out, there will be a leadership process invoked. It’s just a matter of time. With more revelations, will come more dissent. He is on the slippery slope now.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on January 14, 2022, 10:27:41 am by Filo »
Once the 1922 committee have 54 letters (15%) from Tory MPs wanting him out, there will be a leadership process invoked. It’s just a matter of time. With more revelations, will come more dissent. He is on the slippery slope now.

Young Wilfred will be conducting an independent enquiry into wether the 1922 Committee is fit for purpose 

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #235 on January 14, 2022, 10:28:01 am by River Don »
They were holding a disco on the eve of the Duke of Edinburgh s funeral.

I remember the BBC cancelled Pete Tong and all the dance music because it wasn't thought appropriate.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on January 14, 2022, 10:39:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
But they're all the same RD. You wait. There'll be stories about Keir Starmer running party nights.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on January 14, 2022, 10:42:50 am by tommy toes »
And there's Rees-Mogg last night trying to defend it by saying the rules were perhaps too harsh.
Unbelievable

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on January 14, 2022, 10:44:16 am by SydneyRover »
I and half the forum were invited to an evening of food, booze and frivolity at bb's, unfortunately I was otherwise engaged.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on January 14, 2022, 10:51:43 am by River Don »
The Conservative Party has a whole new meaning now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012