Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:26:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How the Tories drove Britain’s local services into bankruptcy  (Read 374 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
The Tory Apologists will be along shortly to lay all the blame on Labour and Corbin!

selby

• VSC Member
Re: How the Tories drove Britain’s local services into bankruptcy
« Reply #2 on March 05, 2024, 05:10:09 pm by selby »
  Kato, was it the Tories who didn't pay equal pay to females in Birmingham? causing the problem.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
The Tory Apologists will be along shortly to lay all the blame on Labour and Corbin!
Corbin? The American rapper and singer?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
The reduction in funding for local councils is a national scandal.

We are left with local services, from libraries to street cleaning to social care not just cut to the bone, but chopped to bits. Another conscious decision by these t**ts who have run the country into the ground this past decade and a half. And in many ways, this is the most despicable action of the lot. They implemented much of the Austerity cuts by slashing Council funding while keeping a legal requirement for Councils to provide services.

The result?

Some economist said recently, the Tories have this obsession that by reducing the funding given to public services, you force them to become more efficient. Whereas the real outcome is you just make them do the same job but worse. And bit by bit, society falls apart.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 05, 2024, 06:33:04 pm by Sprotyrover »
The ‘Wet Lettuce’ strikes feebly agains! How limp can you get NnK?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
The ‘Wet Lettuce’ strikes feebly agains! How limp can you get NnK?
The fact that Wet Lettuces support Wet Lettuces is just the tip of the iceberg.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 05, 2024, 07:32:28 pm by selby »
Billy the price of pensions to council staff and off shore investments such as those lost in Iceland by Labour councils as well as Tory were also scandals to those without selective memories and very narrow minds.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Go on. I'll indulge you. How much did councils lose of those investments. I assume you have a figure?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
i came across an article about the Icelandic Govt "paying back" most of that money in the last year I didn't realise the article was  2014. til today as it turned up on a chance search

i didn't go past the headline at he time but here it is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26052949

of course the councils lost out of the money apparently deposited for 8 years   so technically with the lost interest over the years and so they lost a lot more -  but that's too complicated for the common man - no chance of restitution there.

I remember around 1984 New Zealand interest rates around 24%  which dwarfs the I"puny" Icelandic 14% or so

this link is trying to make me believe it was only just over 20% which is lies (for what it's worth)

https://teara.govt.nz/en/graph/23100/interest-rates-1966-2008

TinyPortal © 2005-2012