Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 09:39:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Football Hooliganism survey, please help  (Read 3148 times)

Trent_Rover

Football Hooliganism survey, please help
« on February 23, 2012, 02:46:22 pm by Trent_Rover »
Link to my survey, thank you for your time.

Hey everyone, my names Adam Sellens and I am currently in my last year of university at Nottingham Trent.

For my dissertation I’ve decided to carry out research on what the views of football fans are toward the topic of football hooliganism. Being a rovers fan myself I thought what better group of fans to use for my research then you lovely lot! It would really mean a lot if you could take 5 minutes to fill in my survey for me (the link above will direct you to it). I’m aiming to get 50 completed to use for my results so if you could maybe forward the link to any other rovers (or football fans in general) that would be amazing.

If you have any questions regarding the survey feel free to either get in contact with me on this forum, or email me at N0272354@ntu.ac.uk

Once again, thank you so much for your help, it really is appreciated.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyguy61

Re: Football Hooliganism survey, please help
« Reply #1 on February 23, 2012, 03:05:38 pm by donnyguy61 »
Done :)

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 23, 2012, 03:14:53 pm by ExileRover »
Done

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 23, 2012, 03:27:34 pm by dijit8 »
Done. Would be interesing to see the results of your survey though.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 23, 2012, 05:09:35 pm by Mr1Croft »
I would also be interested in seeing the final dissertation if possible.

Also, do Nottingham use IPSS, and if so can you get me a copy ;)

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 23, 2012, 05:52:59 pm by CJK »
I'd love to know what you are going to do when you leave Uni?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 23, 2012, 06:01:19 pm by idler »
Done:scarf:

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 23, 2012, 06:30:39 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Done

:boxing:  ;)

:rtid:

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 23, 2012, 06:51:44 pm by DRFCSouth »
Done.

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 23, 2012, 07:10:33 pm by keepmoatman »
done :P

Timbo042

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 23, 2012, 07:37:40 pm by Timbo042 »
Done, hope this helps. Would be interested to see the results/findings/your conclustions??

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 23, 2012, 08:26:29 pm by silent majority »
Done.

Although I thought most of your questions answered themselves. Using Doncaster Rovers fans might not be the best indicator of football hooliganism, however way back in the late 60's and early 70's we had quite a reputation for it.

Times have changed.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 23, 2012, 09:04:35 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=221859
Also, do Nottingham use IPSS, and if so can you get me a copy ;)

It's alright Crofty, got you a version here: IPSS

Would be interested to see the results/findings/your conclustions?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 23, 2012, 09:26:28 pm by hoolahoop »
Done, we've had a our fair share of hooligans in the past.

TrueRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 23, 2012, 09:35:58 pm by TrueRover »
done :aok:

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 23, 2012, 10:52:57 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=221935
Done, we've had a our fair share of hooligans in the past.

\"past\" being the most important word here....

Without sounding that this is a dead-topic nowadays, I don't know why there is still a fixation on this topic in England.

Go and look at far worse areas of society in the UK and you'll find much worse stuff going on.
Come and look on the European mainland. The situation is far worse.

Sorry, but this subject being constantly brought up is getting boring. We have made such large inroads that I think a dissertation on this is pretty fruitless, unless it's going to mention about all the positives that have shown such a reduction over the years.
But of course, we don't do positive media in the UK, it's all about being negative and destructive....

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 24, 2012, 11:12:44 pm by normal rules »
Interesting questionaire. There are lots of issues unexplored on the questions. Hooliganism or whatever you want to call it appears at every level of football. I have been to non league games and seen extreme levels of organised and violent disorder with no police present as well as high profile championship mathces with high levels of police presence and equally high levels of football related violence. The interesting thing for me is that the higher the levels of police presence the more highly charged and protracted the disorder tends to be. The incidents of disorder that are unpoliced ( at lower league levels ) tend to go 1. unreported and 2. tend to police themselves as the hooligam elemenmt quickly realise that the usual third party in the conflict (police\\) are absent and so the incident tends to police itself.

Of course incidents of disorder today are a far cry from the beruit style scraps of the 70's and 80's when the culture of football related violence were a relatively new thing,

Of course - for those that aspire to be 21st century Jason Marriners then i suggest you take a trip to Eastern Europe, Serbia, Croatia or Turkey where you will enetr a world of 1970's style fv - but alot more organised, violent and sinister.

Watch this space for some horror stories coming out of euro 2012.

OxonViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 25, 2012, 08:20:02 am by OxonViking »
Done, good luck with it.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 25, 2012, 10:29:15 am by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"normal rules\" post=222160
Interesting questionaire. There are lots of issues unexplored on the questions. Hooliganism or whatever you want to call it appears at every level of football. I have been to non league games and seen extreme levels of organised and violent disorder with no police present as well as high profile championship mathces with high levels of police presence and equally high levels of football related violence. The interesting thing for me is that the higher the levels of police presence the more highly charged and protracted the disorder tends to be. The incidents of disorder that are unpoliced ( at lower league levels ) tend to go 1. unreported and 2. tend to police themselves as the hooligam elemenmt quickly realise that the usual third party in the conflict (police\\) are absent and so the incident tends to police itself.

Of course incidents of disorder today are a far cry from the beruit style scraps of the 70's and 80's when the culture of football related violence were a relatively new thing,

Of course - for those that aspire to be 21st century Jason Marriners then i suggest you take a trip to Eastern Europe, Serbia, Croatia or Turkey where you will enetr a world of 1970's style fv - but alot more organised, violent and sinister.

Watch this space for some horror stories coming out of euro 2012.

I couldn't agree more the constant harrassment of the 'you can't go down there' , 'you have to sit in your coaches until 2:00'' at away games etc.etc.does nothing else but provoke normal law-abiding citizens into a frustrated group and can cause trouble where it wouldn't normally exist.
Time to stop treating decent human beings like animals unless they ARE animals. Don't let me get going on Stewarding............:headbang:

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 25, 2012, 12:07:02 pm by tommy toes »
I agree with you there hoola.  I'm nearly always a placid, good natured chap who put's up with life's day to day frustrations with merely a sigh.
But the way I'm treated by stewards and police at away matches makes my blood boil. I'm treated like an animal to be herded around with nonsensical 'stewarding'. I hate it!
Where else are we, as customers,  paying not insignificant amounts of money, are treated like this. It's disgusting and we shouldn't have to put up with it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 25, 2012, 12:48:12 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"tommy toes\" post=222249
I agree with you there hoola.  I'm nearly always a placid, good natured chap who put's up with life's day to day frustrations with merely a sigh.
But the way I'm treated by stewards and police at away matches makes my blood boil. I'm treated like an animal to be herded around with nonsensical 'stewarding'. I hate it!
Where else are we, as customers,  paying not insignificant amounts of money, are treated like this. It's disgusting and we shouldn't have to put up with it.

As part of my role with the FSF I get to deal with all the fans complaints that come in about poor Policing and Stewarding, which means I get to see much more of it than most football fans. I could show you stuff that you wouldn't believe possible in a so called free society such as ours. And then when fans make complaints to clubs or the authorities the arrogance with which those clubs then treat the complainant beggars belief. Its a long hard slog, but times as they say are changing.

If anybody is in the Manchester area next Thursday then you could always pay a visit to this that we are staging;

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/FSF-event-in-Manchester-Watching-Football-Is-Not-A-Crime.php

Trent_Rover

« Reply #21 on March 06, 2012, 04:12:34 pm by Trent_Rover »
A link to my survey can be foundHERE.

Trent_Rover

« Reply #22 on March 06, 2012, 04:16:57 pm by Trent_Rover »
Big thank you to everyone who has filled out my survey so far.

For those interested id be more than happy to share my conclusions when iv finished writing them up. The section of my dissertation this survey will be used for is purely to find out what opinions football fans have towards the issue, ill also be looking into the history of it and how its changed over time, leading up to recent events such as The arrests made prior to the Ajax vs Man Utd game in Amsterdam.

Ill be be analysing my results on March 15th so if anyone else could please take the time to fill in my survey so I have a few more results it would be very much appreciated.

A link to my survey can be found HERE.

On a different note, going to uni in Nottingham means i have met a fair few Forest fans, a win tonight would really give me some much needed bragging rights!

C'mon Rovers! :scarf:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 06, 2012, 07:49:39 pm by River Don »
Done.

I'm another who'd be interested to read what conclusions you'd draw. You still see the occasional bit of disorder but it's very limited in this country these days. A combination of new stadiums, CCTV, and banning orders has seen an end to it.

There's nothing  compared with what I have seen abroad, Milan was the worst when they played Roma, though it's quite a while back since I was there too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012