Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:20:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 2nd to 6th in 10 months!  (Read 5151 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: 2nd to 6th in 10 months!
« Reply #30 on March 05, 2011, 10:52:11 pm by BobG »
I've been disenfranchised for well over a decade now. What's a bloke who thinks voting should be compulsory supposed to do? There's no Anarchist Party round here. There's not even a Communist Party. There's a nice, cosy Green Party of course - but I happen to believe that humanity en mass does so much harm to the planet and every other citizen of Planet Earth that the vast, vast majority of its inhabitants would be infinitely better off if mankind is allowed to kill itself off entirely. So I ain't voting Green either.

What should one do eh?!

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 06, 2011, 01:56:54 am by Viking Don »
Smash up old fridges and use lots of aerosols Bob. CFC's R US. At least we'll all go to heaven with a tan.

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 06, 2011, 08:12:23 am by Ian H »
Smash up old fridges and use lots of arseholes Bob.
... well that's what I saw at first glance ..

BST Wrote

What we are witnessing is utterly unprecedented in modern British politics. There has never been a case of a party forming a Govt and losing so much support so quickly. At the last Election, there wer upwards of 3.5-4 million or so people who voted for the Lib Dems without really having any idea what they stood for.

Sorry BST, I fully accept that. If you never read what our political spin merchants laughingly put forward as a manifesto, and you think along the lines of not wanting Labour back in again 'cos Brown has \"f**ked things up\", but you can't envisage voting for a party led by Clammy Cameron you may just swing to that Nick bloke who seemed quite nice in the Telly 'debate' .... it is just possible that you would be lining up to make sure that you don't make that mistake again.

I'm just not sure how Barnsley stacks up as a yardstick for the nation.

PS: Jucyberry wrote
Our Labour candidate had made such a t**t of himself
... no, no, no ... he'd made a bas**rd of himself .... even tho' it doesn't sound quite right

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 07, 2011, 01:52:55 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=145437
I've been disenfranchised for well over a decade now. What's a bloke who thinks voting should be compulsory supposed to do? There's no Anarchist Party round here. There's not even a Communist Party. There's a nice, cosy Green Party of course - but I happen to believe that humanity en mass does so much harm to the planet and every other citizen of Planet Earth that the vast, vast majority of its inhabitants would be infinitely better off if mankind is allowed to kill itself off entirely. So I ain't voting Green either.

What should one do eh?!

BobG

Wouldn't an \"Anarchist Party\" be something of a contradiction in terms, unless you're thinking of it as a social event rather than a political vehicle?

Love your take on the Green Party, mind! B)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 07, 2011, 09:46:31 pm by BobG »
Agree about the status of an 'Anarchist party' John. It's more a muffled and muddy concept, a conceptual rebellion of ideas, than a real possibility. As I seem to be 'against' all sorts of things these days I thought I ought to work out what I am 'for'. That's not so easy. Anarchism sort of filled the gap!

Cheers

BobG

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 08, 2011, 06:24:17 am by Ian H »
Right .... lets get the Anna Kissed Party thing going

How do we start? We can't have a leader, can we? ... How about Nick Clegg to start us off ..... actually Neil Kinnock's leadership qualities would have fitted too  .... or Brian Laws ..... anyone ?

How can we get the manifesto going ... oh let's invent one that we can all ignore - I think that there's a precedent.

Anarchy in the UK

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 08, 2011, 02:50:48 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=145437
There's a nice, cosy Green Party of course - but I happen to believe that humanity en mass does so much harm to the planet and every other citizen of Planet Earth that the vast, vast majority of its inhabitants would be infinitely better off if mankind is allowed to kill itself off entirely. So I ain't voting Green either.

What should one do eh?!

BobG

lmao, love it bob.

personally, i'm not a politics man, i like to follow bits, but i never vote, basically because i believe i have a stronger moral fibre than anybody in politics (or in laymens terms i think they are all a bunch of lying w**kers). my own personal rule is \"never believe anything a party said before winning, or after losing\"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012