Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:07:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Are we paying more so others have to pay naff all?  (Read 1289 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Are we paying more so others have to pay naff all?
« on March 04, 2011, 06:14:15 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Wales and Northern Ireland have free Prescriptions. Scotland will have free prescriptions from 1st April

News today states Presciption charges in England will increase 20p to £7.40 per item for the same day our Scottish chums can get their treatment for free....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12646111

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-12612623

Can't help thinking we are being hit in the pocket for others to get a free service. Hugely unfair system if yu ask me.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Re: Are we paying more so others have to pay naff all?
« Reply #1 on March 05, 2011, 02:29:19 am by Viking Don »
It's not just NHS treatment that costs more in England.

And who did you vote for TWD? I know there wasn't much of an alternative, and it was already a done job. United Kingdon my arse, give them what they really don't want, independence!

Thankfully I get all mine for nowt just because one of my glands gave up the ghost.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 05, 2011, 08:35:12 am by Barmby Rover »
People in these places have devolution, they choose to distribute their money to the ill, we didn't vote that way in our elections. That, my friend, is democracy.

Highland Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 11, 2011, 12:28:46 pm by Highland Rover »
We are exceptionally lucky where I live in that we have a cottage hospital attached to the local GP's practice .
Ideal for respite care , people recovering from operations etc . Our 2 nearest major hospitals in Aberdeen and
Inverness over 50 miles away .
I do get free prescriptions ( over 60 ) and I'm pretty sure it was an issue in the SNP election campaign and
continues to be so .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012