Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:12:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Childrens Heart Surgery @ LGI  (Read 1485 times)

danrover82

• Forum Member
Childrens Heart Surgery @ LGI
« on March 05, 2011, 12:33:48 am by danrover82 »
Some of you on this forum may remember a my son, young lad a few years ago fighting for his life needing life saving Heart Surgery. Having only been given 10% chance of survival then reduced to 1% during his surgery  (Rovers wrote about it on the main site). Well having needed two operations on his heart within the last 4 years and being on a life term of Warfarin medication, which is monitored via Leeds and endless trips to DRI for blood tests, sometimes 3 to four times a week!

Well as some of you may know that due to the ConDem cut backs they are looking to shut the surgery part of LGI for young children. Which means that families like mine are likely to have to travel to Newcastle for any operations. In what is an already stressful time for any family, such trips are unthinkable.

Please can you view this link and sign the petition, as well as making anyone you can think of aware of it. If the target of 20,000 is reached then the Government have to look at the situation in more detail and hopefully stop the closure. With 4 proposals for closures of different hospitals, only one is recommending the LGI heart Surgery remains in operation. So anything we can so will vastly increase the percentages of its survival.

Not that any of you would be in two minds but this is also what it means to thousands of familes CHSF

Thanks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Townender

• Forum Member
Re: Childrens Heart Surgery @ LGI
« Reply #1 on March 05, 2011, 12:43:28 am by Townender »
Done, the very best of luck with mate, all the best to your son.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 05, 2011, 01:15:23 am by RedJ »
Signed and passed on. Very best of luck to you both, and every other family affected. It simply isn't fair how the vulnerable are being targeted.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 05, 2011, 02:53:02 pm by jucyberry »
Signed, and my love  to your little man too.. This is too vital a service to let slip away.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 05, 2011, 07:10:37 pm by Sandy Lane »
Done.  I've signed as well.  Best wishes to your son and family, and hope this helps the unit be saved from closure.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 05, 2011, 10:41:53 pm by BobG »
Also signed - with a suitably revolutionary message.

BobG

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 11, 2011, 09:17:29 pm by danrover82 »
Just like to thank all the people who have signed the petition.

Just wondered if you could also help spread the word amongst friends and family and your online community, facebook twitter etc.

Now that its looking good for our 20,000 tagert to get the government to look again we are trying our best to push to 50,000 which I think is reachable.  Bradford City are allowing paper petitions to be signed before their next home game and this maybe something that we will try and get with Rovers.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 11, 2011, 10:19:43 pm by RedJ »
Already passed it around for you mate :-) but I'll do it again :-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012