Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:51:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: San Siro Vespa  (Read 1282 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
San Siro Vespa
« on March 09, 2011, 07:23:25 pm by Filo »
Right, how the hell can you smuggle a moped into the top tier of a football stadium?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Nu6HKVSmk[/video]

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: San Siro Vespa
« Reply #1 on March 11, 2011, 01:16:50 pm by River Don »
I went to the Guiseppe Meazza stadium around that time.

It was unusual in that there was a very wide open square between the stadium and the ticket kiosks. You bought a ticket, and then had to go through a policed corden and walk up to the stadium, which I don't think actually had turnstiles. Basically all they would have to do is smuggle the bike past the coppers and through the corden somehow.

Then the huge towers in each corner of the ground are spiraling ramps going up to the top of the ground, you could ride a moped up it.

http://www.milanofootballfestival.it/Info/images/touris2.jpg

I would imagine they have improved security by now.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 12, 2011, 02:56:08 pm by Sandy Lane »
That is terrible! What are people thinking???  Or not, obviously.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 12, 2011, 03:53:27 pm by VivaRovers »
I presumed someone had just ordered a pizza for the top tier, then mugged the delivery guy.

I went to the San Siro for the Wales v Italy game in 2003 and the Wales fans were located behind the goal on the bottom tier. With not enough room for all Wales fans to get beneath the overhang we spent the entire period having all manner of crap rain down on us from above; coins, lighters, spit, other fluids you didn't want to think too much about. At one point a length of piping bounced off the seats in front of us, and one delightful Italian fan even chose to vomit over the balcony onto the Wales fans. It remains the worst experience I've ever had at a football game.

Thankfully UEFA were able to deliver retrospective justice... and fine BOTH the Italian and the Welsh FA.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012