Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:04:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: George Friend.  (Read 5635 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
George Friend.
« on October 24, 2011, 08:08:44 pm by Nudga »
What's all the fuss about this guy? Nearly every goal conceded has got this clown in the thick of it. How many goals have we conceded where the ball is play around him or over the top and he is caught flat footed and chasing shadows? His timing, decision making and marking are bloody aweful. It's been said many times that we need a centre back and when we get one, he has to take this muppets place.

Benaldo, Sam Hird is soooooooooooo 2010.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: George Friend.
« Reply #1 on October 24, 2011, 08:26:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
Another helpful contributor.

What about Wilson? This guy has got to take blame as well. And Lewis Guy. And Dennis Souza. What about Adam Hughes and Nic Priet? They have a lot to answer for.

keith1979

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 24, 2011, 08:30:45 pm by keith1979 »
I agree martis is much better

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 24, 2011, 08:41:32 pm by Nudga »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=194018

What about Wilson? This guy has got to take blame as well. And Lewis Guy. And Dennis Souza. What about Adam Hughes and Nic Priet? They have a lot to answer for.

WTF? I post as I see it pal, I have kept watching replays of the goals conceded for a few weeks before I posted.

Edit. By the way, see the little green box in the bottom right corner? that says I contribute.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 24, 2011, 08:58:12 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=194021

WTF? I post as I see it pal, I have kept watching replays of the goals conceded for a few weeks before I posted.

Edit. By the way, see the little green box in the bottom right corner? that says I contribute.

What do you actually get for being a VSC member? Except a 'cool' green logo thing. Lets be honest it looks shit.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 24, 2011, 09:02:50 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=194026
What do you actually get for being a VSC member? Except a 'cool' green logo thing.

Amongst other benefits, we get to fondle each others bits at monthly get-togethers.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 24, 2011, 09:06:47 pm by Nudga »

What do you actually get for being a VSC member? Except a 'cool' green logo thing. Lets be honest it looks shit.

Inside info.
Life time membership in the Free masons.
We get to fondle each others bits at monthly get-togethers.
Sleep overs at JR's.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 24, 2011, 09:06:51 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=194027
What do you actually get for being a VSC member? Except a 'cool' green logo thing.

Amongst other benefits, we get to fondle each others bits at monthly get-togethers.

Where do I join? :clapping:

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 24, 2011, 09:14:21 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=194031

There's a small hole in the side wall of one of the bogs in the South Stand. Push a tenner through it at half time of the Coventry game and I'll see what I can do.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 24, 2011, 09:15:33 pm by Filo »

It`s not about what you get, it`s about having fan representation at the club

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 24, 2011, 09:16:58 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=194036
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=194031

There's a small hole in the side wall of one of the bogs in the South Stand. Push a tenner through it at half time of the Coventry game and I'll see what I can do.

Should he push anything else through, just to sweeten the deal? :laugh:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 24, 2011, 09:32:22 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=194037

It`s not about what you get, it`s about having fan representation at the club

Actually, you get a share in the club, and we are discussing strengthening the benefits of membership for next season.  We have yet to agree them with the club, but watch this forum for updates nearer the time.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 24, 2011, 09:51:54 pm by Berkshire Rover »

Discount in the club shop, entry into free draws for a seat in the VSC hospitality box a number of times a season, the cahnce to ask JR any question you like at the AGM, a share in the club, a chance to change the way the club is run, the opprotunity to contribute to the community, the opportunity to get your voice as a supporter heard.:)

oh and a cool green logo ;)

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 24, 2011, 10:06:21 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=194047

Discount in the club shop, entry into free draws for a seat in the VSC hospitality box a number of times a season, the cahnce to ask JR any question you like at the AGM, a share in the club, a chance to change the way the club is run, the opprotunity to contribute to the community, the opportunity to get your voice as a supporter heard.:)

oh and a cool green logo ;)

Id do anything for this cool green logo....... Except from shove 10ners in holes.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 24, 2011, 10:13:26 pm by mushRTID »
I rate George. I dont suppose it helps having a shite midfield in front of him.

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 24, 2011, 10:26:30 pm by VixDRFC »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=194053
I rate George. I dont suppose it helps having a shite midfield in front of him.

Me too - at the moment show me any of our squad who haven't made mistakes. Friend always gives 100%, is prepared to put his body on the line to block shots, will put a tackle in and has saved us 2-3 goals by clearing off the line. OK he's far from perfect but there's a lot more players ahead of him I'd drop if I had to and a couple of central defenders too

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 24, 2011, 10:28:02 pm by GazLaz »
Friend is overrated. I don't deal in opinion I deal in facts. He is good in one on one situations, comfortable on the ball (which is why he used to look goof under Sean) and has got great endevor BUT his positioning is woeful, he gets dragged around and if he has people running in behind him he is clueless. Shelton is by far our best CH but is always lame. Shame dat.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 24, 2011, 10:31:47 pm by bobjimwilly »
I think it speaks volumes when you see the current man of the match table: http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=1000003&id=174328&Itemid=108

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 24, 2011, 10:35:08 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=194057
Friend is overrated. I don't deal in opinion I deal in facts. He is good in one on one situations, comfortable on the ball (which is why he used to look goof under Sean) and has got great endevor BUT his positioning is woeful, he gets dragged around and if he has people running in behind him he is clueless. Shelton is by far our best CH but is always lame. Shame dat.

Overrated is an opinion.

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 24, 2011, 10:46:51 pm by VixDRFC »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=194058
I think it speaks volumes when you see the current man of the match table: http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=1000003&id=174328&Itemid=108

I like those green arrows showing players who are climbing the table

And I agree with the sentiment, surely so many people can't be wrong

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 24, 2011, 11:51:15 pm by Surrey Rover »
George Friend is just one of so many of the current squad that are not quite good enough for the Championship. I wouldn't question his work rate or application for one minute but at this level that's not enough. 23 points from the last 37 games tells its own story about the players we have at the moment sadly.

Having watched Gordon Greer again tonight I feel he is better than any of the centre backs we currently have at the club.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 25, 2011, 12:02:01 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=194070
George Friend is just one of so many of the current squad that are not quite good enough for the Championship. I wouldn't question his work rate or application for one minute but at this level that's not enough. 23 points from the last 37 games tells its own story about the players we have at the moment sadly.

Having watched Gordon Greer again tonight I feel he is better than any of the centre backs we currently have at the club.

No case to answer for me a fantastic player!

Sometimes you have to look how much pressure the midfield is putting on the whole team. The games I have seen he has the MOTM by mile but maybe only Jesus Christ could stop the waves of attacks that happen cos sure to hell our midfield dont!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 25, 2011, 12:59:59 am by GazLaz »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=194060
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=194057

Overrated is an opinion.

It's a fact that people rate him as a better player than what he actually is. Like I said some parts of his game are excellent. Some are poor.

Is that so? :blink:

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 25, 2011, 07:31:35 am by inSODwetrust »
If he couldn't tackle he wouldn't be a proffessional footballer.

Mark Mccammon

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 25, 2011, 08:06:42 am by Mark Mccammon »
Martis the best centre back. hahahahahahahahahahaha. He runs round like hes carrying someone on his back and seems to have a satellite delay for balls hit over the top.

The 2 best centre halfs we have, have played the last 2 games.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 25, 2011, 08:14:52 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=194086

Says a lot about our midfield then doesn't it? Not many of them can tackle yet they get paid a damn site more than I do. Would you class them as professional footballers?

Mark Mccammon

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 25, 2011, 08:27:57 am by Mark Mccammon »
We should also ask Ferguson if we can have Berbatov and Carrick to play centre half. Leeds didn't score then.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 25, 2011, 08:29:33 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=194094
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=194086

Says a lot about our midfield then doesn't it? Not many of them can tackle yet they get paid a damn site more than I do. Would you class them as professional footballers?

Trust me, after Blackpool scored their last minute winner last Tuesday I really did question our midfield's ability and their 'professionalism' and whether they warranted thousands of pounds a week! In fact when I walked into work Wednesday morning and some Rovers fans who couldn't make the game asked for a match report I simply said \"I wish I got paid all of that money to just give in easily and not do the basics of my job right\".

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 25, 2011, 08:49:49 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Glad it's not just me who blames the midfield.  The defence can only hold out for so long and it's harsh on them when the opposition get forward much quicker than our guys track back.

VikingJames

« Reply #29 on October 25, 2011, 09:20:40 am by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=194106
Glad it's not just me who blames the midfield.  The defence can only hold out for so long and it's harsh on them when the opposition get forward much quicker than our guys track back.

I agree the midfield is part of the problem, but they can hardly take responsibility for a route one kick over the top by the goalkeeper which is allowed to bounce by the defence, and one toe-poke later is in the back of the net!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012