Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:49:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Are Coventry Next????  (Read 2394 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Are Coventry Next????
« on March 02, 2012, 11:40:34 am by Donnyjim »
Cov's transfer embargoAt this rate there could be no relegation....Dare to Dream!  :woot:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Re: Are Coventry Next????
« Reply #1 on March 02, 2012, 11:49:08 am by The L J Monk »
Is there an echo in here?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 02, 2012, 11:49:21 am by Donnywolf »
:chair:
Quote from: \"Donnyjim\" post=223615
Cov's transfer embargoAt this rate there could be no relegation....Dare to Dream!  :woot:

...at the risk of enraging most of the Posters on here - who would be the third team that we need to occupy the 3 Automatic Relegation places AND

with points deductions some teams would still have more than us and could still score more than us anyway :chair:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 02, 2012, 11:52:36 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=223617
Is there an echo in here?

Yes - its a pity that the Forum now blocks duplicate posts but cant as yet block duplicate Threads

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 02, 2012, 12:31:01 pm by DRNaith »
Blocks duplicate posts?

I must be wasting my time deleting them manually then.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 02, 2012, 12:54:23 pm by jonnydog »
Blocks duplicate posts?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 02, 2012, 01:13:49 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"DRNaith\" post=223626
Blocks duplicate posts?

It does do if I accidentally try to post exactly the same post. \"It\" probably thinks that nobody wants to read one post from me let alone a second one

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 02, 2012, 02:41:27 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=223630
Blocks duplicate posts?

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 02, 2012, 07:30:53 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Staying up because of 2 other teams misfortune would be awful. If we dont deserve to stay up then we should go down. Not just stay up because Pompey and Coventry are in financial trouble.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 02, 2012, 07:41:58 pm by andysly »
I'll take staying up however it happens, I heard at the weekend that the Florists could be in s*** street if Nigel Doughty's family decide they want his loans to the club back...I have no idea of any truth in this, so please don't shoot me.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 02, 2012, 07:45:12 pm by RoversAlias »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=223729
Staying up because of 2 other teams misfortune would be awful. If we dont deserve to stay up then we should go down. Not just stay up because Pompey and Coventry are in financial trouble.

I have to say if we finish 21st purely because of the financial woes of other clubs then I won't give a damn. I will be thankful that we have been presented with a second chance to get our act together in the Championship, and definitely won't mind the 'shame' of staying up on a technicality.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 02, 2012, 07:55:20 pm by Akinfenwa »
For me, staying up as a result of other clubs' bad finances will be just as satisfying as staying up without. Afterall those clubs gained an advantage on the pitch by spending money they didn't have. I think it is fair that that advantage is then taken away by deducting points. If we stay up as a result then it will be on merit.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 02, 2012, 08:16:02 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=223734
For me, staying up as a result of other clubs' bad finances will be just as satisfying as staying up without. Afterall those clubs gained an advantage on the pitch by spending money they didn't have. I think it is fair that that advantage is then taken away by deducting points. If we stay up as a result then it will be on merit.

Agreed.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 02, 2012, 08:46:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Quote from: \"Standanista\" post=223736

Agreed.

An a long overdue redressing of the imbalance that blights this game.  We can but hope.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 02, 2012, 10:43:59 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"i_ateallthepies\" post=223746
Quote from: \"Standanista\" post=223736

Agreed.

An a long overdue redressing of the imbalance that blights this game.  We can but hope.

Exactly, this is about survival and how we do it is irrelevant. ;)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 03, 2012, 07:25:40 am by RobTheRover »
Spot on.

Now where did I put that dossier on Birmingham's owner....

;-)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 03, 2012, 07:38:30 am by Barmby Rover »

So it is fine then if we are relegated by teams who are paying way over what they can afford for players of a high ability so they can gain more points even if it means everybody who works for them never get paid, (except for the greedy players of course) that sounds a good idea! If teams are cheating financially they deserve to be eliminated from the competition. If that means a tight ship like Rovers stay up......GOOD!

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 04, 2012, 07:16:22 am by aidanstu »
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=223791

So it is fine then if we are relegated by teams who are paying way over what they can afford for players of a high ability so they can gain more points even if it means everybody who works for them never get paid, (except for the greedy players of course) that sounds a good idea! If teams are cheating financially they deserve to be eliminated from the competition. If that means a tight ship like Rovers stay up......GOOD!

Would that include ourselves who have countless players being paid massively by their parent clubs whilst we pay peanuts ? I'm not against the policy per se but just trying to view it from other clubs view?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 04, 2012, 09:01:39 am by hoolahoop »
Point is are we pouring millions in a year on our accounts, do we have creditors under every nook and cranny, loans at levels that were never going to be repaid.....the answer is NO and BR is right. Many are 'buying' their points whilst destroying local businesses.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012