Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:04:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brentford or Fulham  (Read 2385 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Brentford or Fulham
« on August 04, 2020, 05:42:58 pm by the vicar »
To get the big jump I think Brentford

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Brentford or Fulham
« Reply #1 on August 04, 2020, 06:30:52 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I hoping it will be Fulham

I was thoroughly disgusted by the Brentford manager's very accurate impersonation of Mark Wright - kicking the ball away in added time when the Swansea player was trying to reach it for a throw in, and then inserting himslelf between the ball and said player. Melee followed. Swansea player booked, Brentford manager booked, no Brentford palyers punished. A cynic's job well done.   

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 04, 2020, 06:49:50 pm by the vicar »
I’m in the belief that a team that finishes 3 and it was close to second should go up. Further to the other points you make, I would expect DM to do the same

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 04, 2020, 07:00:04 pm by Janso »
I’m in the belief that a team that finishes 3 and it was close to second should go up. Further to the other points you make, I would expect DM to do the same

This is how it's done in Italy, I think. Only if the gap is more than a certain amount of points do they have playoffs.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 04, 2020, 07:18:31 pm by silent majority »
The play-offs are a major money spinner (normally) and create interest right at the end of the season. I can't see it being changed anytime soon.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 04, 2020, 07:41:32 pm by the vicar »
No nether can I but I still prefer the higher team to go up other than it being us and leeds

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 04, 2020, 07:53:46 pm by selby »
  I have not been a fan of Fulham since Jimmy Hill took my heroes to pieces when I was a schoolboy at Belle Vue, Brentford would be my preference because I hold a grudge for a long time.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 04, 2020, 08:43:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm hoping Brentford as they are run very well and it's someone different.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 04, 2020, 10:16:40 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Brilliant free kick for the 1st.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 04, 2020, 10:18:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Wanted Brentford to win but it’s Fulham who have won & have been the better team on the night.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 04, 2020, 10:19:40 pm by Campsall rover »
Well almost as now 2-1 with seconds left

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 04, 2020, 10:29:13 pm by Alan Southstand »
Brentford the bottlers!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 04, 2020, 10:31:29 pm by Campsall rover »
Brentford the bottlers!
That’s the 10th play off failure for them. Semi finals and finals. They haven’t won any.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 04, 2020, 10:43:50 pm by scawsby steve »
  I have not been a fan of Fulham since Jimmy Hill took my heroes to pieces when I was a schoolboy at Belle Vue, Brentford would be my preference because I hold a grudge for a long time.

All about memories Brian. I was there as well when Jimmy Hill and Johnny Haynes pumped us 6-1, but I was also at Craven Cottage in 1969 when we drew 1-1.

I loved the atmosphere at that ground, right at the side of the Thames.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 04, 2020, 10:44:52 pm by idler »
I hoping it will be Fulham

I was thoroughly disgusted by the Brentford manager's very accurate impersonation of Mark Wright - kicking the ball away in added time when the Swansea player was trying to reach it for a throw in, and then inserting himslelf between the ball and said player. Melee followed. Swansea player booked, Brentford manager booked, no Brentford palyers punished. A cynic's job well done.   
I remember a Nottingham Forest European game where they were hanging on in a game. The ball went out for a throw in to the opposition near the Forest bench late on.  Brian Clough bent down scooped the ball up and quickly gave it to the opposition player to take the throw. I think that if the opposition had scored Forest would have been out.
Clough's words after the game were it was up to his team to defend and what a cracking game it had been or something along those lines.
What a statement to sportsmanship and it's a shame that it seems to be drifting so far the other way.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 04, 2020, 10:56:38 pm by phil old leake »
Having seen this game tonight there will need to be some major investment in players
Both sides looked well off the pace of a premiership club

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 04, 2020, 10:58:54 pm by IDM »

I couldn’t agree less.  DM is a better man than that.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 04, 2020, 11:17:46 pm by Janso »

Wouldn't say brilliant, but very clever. Bit like Cotterill against Oldham yonks ago.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 04, 2020, 11:18:27 pm by roversdude »
Well it was hardly a spectacle

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 04, 2020, 11:25:58 pm by IDM »
Fulham were the better side on the night..

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 04, 2020, 11:28:26 pm by RoversAlias »
Ludicrous goalkeeping for the opening goal. Brought back memories of Raya going rogue for Blackburn when we beat them 3-1 at Ewood off the back of three errors at the back.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 05, 2020, 07:55:40 am by graingrover »
Is Ryan Murrant still on the Brentford  staff .He was.doing  a good job with Community affairs there having introduced a lot of what he learned doing his time with us .Liam Scully likewise at Lincoln.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 05, 2020, 08:53:14 am by silent majority »
Is Ryan Murrant still on the Brentford  staff .He was.doing  a good job with Community affairs there having introduced a lot of what he learned doing his time with us .Liam Scully likewise at Lincoln.

No he's not. Independent photographer or something similar these days.

It's amazing how critical of fan engagement people can be and yet how they adopt it wholeheartedly when they're being measured.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 05, 2020, 09:54:47 am by Monkcaster_Rover »

Wouldn't say brilliant, but very clever. Bit like Cotterill against Oldham yonks ago.

I'd put it into the brilliant category down to the fact they were 105 minutes into a play off final in a 12 month season.

Cairney said after the game they highlighted the keepers 'aggressive' stance but he'd literally forgot at that point.

Precise as well!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 05, 2020, 01:58:50 pm by ravenrover »

All about memories Brian. I was there as well when Jimmy Hill and Johnny Haynes pumped us 6-1, but I was also at Craven Cottage in 1969 when we drew 1-1.

I loved the atmosphere at that ground, right at the side of the Thames.
Remember that game, we were on the Traccie bus but got stuck in traffic, think Arthur was driving, managed to drop us off right outside ground just before kick off. You are right abour the Thames side, when the game was slow or half time just turn round and look what was happening on the river

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 05, 2020, 02:26:03 pm by bedale rover »
Fulham!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 05, 2020, 07:13:21 pm by NickDRFC »

You know Brentford only finished 3rd on goal difference right? It’s not like they were well clear of Fulham!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012