Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:39:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next season  (Read 2390 times)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
Next season
« on May 24, 2023, 12:01:42 am by Ryaldinhio »
Seen a few on here worrying about Wrexham and Notts County and their quality of player etc.

When McShef left we were 3pts outside of playoffs with an amateur manager and a second rate squad. That got worse by appointment.

Out of all the home games I have watched this year King's Lynn were the best opponents, so that shows the quality of opponent in this league.

IF Wrexham and Notts County BOTH went up again (highly unlikely) there is still 2 places for promotion spare.

With McCann on board and Terry Brammells investment, FU all you negative lot. 2 good signings, another 4-6 to come, I am all aboard the promotion party already!!!!!!!!

Going up, going up, going up!

Good times coming back, let's enjoy it!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Next season
« Reply #1 on May 24, 2023, 02:53:11 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Notts County need to recruit a defence, they won’t get away with Bostock at centre half.
Both will be in the top half but I don’t see either being as dominant as many seem to think.
We have a good chance, if McCann gets the right ones in. I fear nobody in this league including those two teams.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 24, 2023, 07:04:35 am by Ryaldinhio »
Notts County need to recruit a defence, they won’t get away with Bostock at centre half.
Both will be in the top half but I don’t see either being as dominant as many seem to think.
We have a good chance, if McCann gets the right ones in. I fear nobody in this league including those two teams.

Exactly my view!

Really looking forward to this season for the first time in a long time

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 24, 2023, 07:45:40 am by Arsenal Of The North »
Last season for how poor we were at times, we touched the play offs, apart from the disaster run at the end, we always kept in touch, just consistency let us down.

Orient over 2 games were poor v us.
Stevenage also poor,
Northampton we beat
Salford won/lost
Stockport we’re as bad as us at their place,
Carlisle give us a hell of a beating at their place, but we turned them over at ours

You get the idea, this league doesn’t have quality football sides, they have consistent teams that can grind out results, that’s what we need next season.

The league is there for the taking in my eyes 

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 24, 2023, 07:48:15 am by Alan Southstand »
Not to be under-estimated, the 2 promoted sides have momentum, which can carry you along (ask Stockport).

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 24, 2023, 07:57:56 am by In the box »
L2 will be the most competitive it’s been for years with Wrexham and Notts County add Mansfield , Bradford ,Tranmere , Salford , Gillingham , Swindon Grimsby etc . It may take signings like Richard Woods and a outrageous bid for  Billy Sharp to get us over the line .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 24, 2023, 08:18:01 am by Campsall rover »
Need a good right back, 2 very decent midfielders and 2 front men signed.
Get them and top 3 is definitely there for the taking.

I am not going to get carried away just yet. Our squad is well short at present.
When we get those players in then I will start getting ahead of myself.

I predicted last August, Bradford, Stockport & Rovers would be top 3 last season.
None of those were correct. Only Stockport can go up in the play offs and they may get beaten by Carlisle.

So very difficult to predict the final outcome in this league.
As has been said I wasn’t impressed with any team last season in our league.
Kings Lynn were the best team we played at home.

It’s wide open. Wrexham and Notts County will be strong but again as said they wont run away with this league.
Won’t be getting over 100 points each that I am 99.9% certain of.
Will be very surprised if either of them get 90 points
Only 1 team will do that and the name begins with a D   :)  I hope.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 24, 2023, 10:54:31 am by In the box »
Momentum is a great asset. Luton Bournemouth Brentford proved that . Wrexham and Notts County will want to push on . Rovers are at least a full season away  from being competitive for a top three place .24/25  McCanns target has to be the playoffs as he’s going to be platting sawdust with some of the squad he has ! Imo

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 24, 2023, 11:29:11 am by dickos1 »
Momentum is a great asset. Luton Bournemouth Brentford proved that . Wrexham and Notts County will want to push on . Rovers are at least a full season away  from being competitive for a top three place .24/25  McCanns target has to be the playoffs as he’s going to be platting sawdust with some of the squad he has ! Imo

Orient and Stevenage proved last season that a new season can mean a completely new level of success.
No reason why we can’t do what those two have just done

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 24, 2023, 01:00:35 pm by Campsall rover »
I think you will be surprised. Some of this squad will be unrecognisable under GM
Play offs has to be the min acceptable achievement next season.
GM said he wants top 3 and promotion. Aim high. If you aim for the 2nd best solution then the chances are you end up getting nowt.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 01:28:12 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 24, 2023, 01:25:42 pm by Campsall rover »

Orient and Stevenage proved last season that a new season can mean a completely new level of success.
No reason why we can’t do what those two have just done
We will have a problem finishing 1st AND 2nd though. I will settle for just 1st.   :)

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 24, 2023, 01:49:38 pm by Petche »
I think you will be surprised. Some of this squad will be unrecognisable under GM
Play offs has to be the min acceptable achievement next season.
GM said he wants top 3 and promotion. Aim high. If you aim for the 2nd best solution then the chances are you end up getting nowt.

Agreed, some of the current team will shine under McCann, Hurst, Miller, Moly will be different players!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 24, 2023, 05:59:11 pm by scawsby steve »

I'm pretty sure Grant and Terry will strongly disagree with that last sentence.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 24, 2023, 07:13:17 pm by IDM »

“Squad he has”

No more incomings this summer, eh.?

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 24, 2023, 11:26:13 pm by Canadian Rover »
Well I have it scheduled in my Google calendar already. A trip to the UK for the playoff final.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 25, 2023, 01:39:43 am by Tiddysdad »
Bostock centre half. Your having a laugh. He as come into his own at Notts in midfield running the show. At Notts he has the players around him that he didn't have at Donny. He's able to slow the game down when needed and then with a pinpoint cross field pass quickly change the game. I was very critical of him dropping back to pick up the ball from the goalkeeper at Donny but at Notts he doesn't need to. He as clever players around him and a manager in Luke Williams that as put a team together that works as a unit. I was really cheesed off when John Bostock signed for Notts having turned down Donny but I feel he's found a manager and a team that suits his style of play. I watch Donny most games on ifollow and watch Notts live when I work there and I feel that Notts would have walked division 2 this year. So now they are in it and recruiting I feel they will be the main threat. Wrexham will be caught out, to much diving. but I just hope Grant will get things going at the eco and challenge Notts for the top.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 10:12:20 am by Tiddysdad »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 25, 2023, 09:53:02 am by ncRover »
Bostock centre half. Your having a laugh. He as come into his own at Notts in midfield running the show. At Notts he has the players around him that he didn't have at Donny. He's able to slow the game down when needed and then with a pinpoint cross field pass quickly change the game. I was very critical of him dropping back to pick up the ball from the goalkeeper at Donny but at Notts he doesn't need to. He as clever players around him and a manager in Luke Williams that as put a team together that works asu8 a unit. I was really cheesed off when John Bostock signed for Notts having turned down Donny but I feel he's found a manager and a team that suits his style of play. I watch Donny most games on ifollow and watch Notts love when I work there I feel that Notts would have walked division 2 this year. So now they are in it and recruiting I feel they will be the main threat. Wrexham will be caught out, to much diving. but I just hope Grant will get things going at the eco and challenge Notts for the top.

I bet you Wrexham finish above Notts

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 25, 2023, 10:19:29 am by Tiddysdad »
Bostock centre half. Your having a laugh. He as come into his own at Notts in midfield running the show. At Notts he has the players around him that he didn't have at Donny. He's able to slow the game down when needed and then with a pinpoint cross field pass quickly change the game. I was very critical of him dropping back to pick up the ball from the goalkeeper at Donny but at Notts he doesn't need to. He as clever players around him and a manager in Luke Williams that as put a team together that works asu8 a unit. I was really cheesed off when John Bostock signed for Notts having turned down Donny but I feel he's found a manager and a team that suits his style of play. I watch Donny most games on ifollow and watch Notts love when I work there I feel that Notts would have walked division 2 this year. So now they are in it and recruiting I feel they will be the main threat. Wrexham will be caught out, to much diving. but I just hope Grant will get things going at the eco and challenge Notts for the top.

I bet you Wrexham finish above Notts

You may be right as they will spend on recruiting players from higher divisions. But the team they have now I feel wouldn't do as well.
But I'm excited to see how we progress once Grant has sorted the spine of the team out. It looks to me that he's going in the right direction fetching in experience at the back. We just need a little bit of flare up front not just a runner

TinyPortal © 2005-2012