Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:43:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Second half  (Read 3153 times)

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
Second half
« on February 20, 2021, 05:09:37 pm by Chris the Rover »
What a second half that was. My faith has been restored. Bostock was outstanding and as for Sir James Coppinger - what can i say? More of that on Tuesday night please.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Second half
« Reply #1 on February 20, 2021, 05:11:12 pm by DonnyOsmond »
That second half was the best we've performed in nearly a month.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 20, 2021, 05:12:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bostock did look very good but Hull sat right back for most of second half and gave him acres of space. Likewise they didn't push on much in second half, so they saved us making a defensive mess from balls into the box. We certainly picked up in second half and that was an improvement but Hull were poor. A better side would have punished us in second half as we chased the game.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 20, 2021, 05:15:57 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Played with 10 men and then Gomes got replaced. Truly awful player and that prick Mccann left us with him.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 20, 2021, 05:19:07 pm by goalkick »
Bostock coming on made a considerable difference.,should have been on from the start.what a second half you could not have written the ending.upwards and onwards.not sure of our defending of set pieces.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 20, 2021, 05:22:55 pm by Padge_DRFC »
He needs to play. Will free Smith up. Gomes subbed twice first in both games he's started needs to be out the squad he isn't good enough.
Taylor poor again. Fej comes in for me when he's fit. Sims on the right.
Bogle put a shift in today. James quality as ever.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 20, 2021, 05:23:50 pm by StocksArmy »
I read Copps interview during the week regarding his lack of game time and I felt every word when that ball hit the back of the net. The feeling at HT. The feeling at FT. That is what football can do to you and its the reason we love it dearly.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 20, 2021, 05:24:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bogle has made a big difference. The equaliser came from a ball coming in to Bogle and then Bogle being able to control it tightly and then bring a foul. If that was Fej the ball would have bounced off him.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 20, 2021, 05:25:22 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Bogle has made a big difference. The equaliser came from a ball coming in to Bogle and then Bogle being able to control it tightly and then bring a foul. If that we Fej the ball would have bounced off him.

I just want them to have a run of games together could be something great

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 20, 2021, 05:26:09 pm by drfchound »
Bogle has made a big difference. The equaliser came from a ball coming in to Bogle and then Bogle being able to control it tightly and then bring a foul. If that we Fej the ball would have bounced off him.

It did actually bounce of Omar at first but he then got it back down.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 20, 2021, 06:18:46 pm by bobbymax »
Bogle has made a big difference. The equaliser came from a ball coming in to Bogle and then Bogle being able to control it tightly and then bring a foul. If that was Fej the ball would have bounced off him.
To be fair, Fej is a better player when moving on to the ball. Hopefully, back in training next week. I'm sure he'll make an impact again if playing off Bogle.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 20, 2021, 06:24:34 pm by Chris the Rover »
I think Fej and Omar will be a right pairing when they are both fully match fit.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 20, 2021, 06:28:13 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Agree i look forward to Bogle and Fej playing together. It will be with Fej playing out wide and Bogle as a lone striker but i'd like to see them both centrally in a 442. Not sure we have the players in midfield to do it though

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 20, 2021, 06:30:28 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
agree with this. Bogle offers something completely different up there to fej and he was brilliant again today with his hold up play fully deserved the goal. That goal can only give him more confidence aswell

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 20, 2021, 06:31:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That second-half performance was proof that we're good enough to be up there with the leaders in the league. It was the first time we'd been better than the opposition in half a dozen games.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 20, 2021, 06:36:43 pm by Campsall rover »
Played with 10 men and then Gomes got replaced. Truly awful player and that prick Mccann left us with him.
He was today but in Sept he was our best player.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 20, 2021, 06:39:00 pm by RugbyRover »
Bostock is getting better and better with each pound he loses, if only he hadn't been tucking into those bloody peanut butter and jam sarnies  :crying:

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 20, 2021, 06:40:59 pm by Butchers Red »
He was today but in Sept he was our best player.
Yes - he's a lot to offer - BUT only in a No 10 role and of course Taylor Richards is way,way ahead of him in that position

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 20, 2021, 06:45:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We shouldn't write Gomes off or make him any kind of scapegoat. Nor should the same apply to Cameron John. Both will probably be needed and they deserve to be encouraged.

Good signs from Bostock. At the mo probably best suited to a, slower paced game but if he carries on improving then we have plenty to be optimistic about.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 20, 2021, 06:47:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Gomes was out a long time, it will take him time to get there. Also a huge confidence player.  There's a player in him, just wonder if he will get there consistently.

Overall I thought we played ok first half, but the goals conceded were very very poor. General play was decent though.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 20, 2021, 06:53:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Gomes has good vision to spot a pass but he doesn't always have the technique to pull it off.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 20, 2021, 06:59:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bostock did look very good but Hull sat right back for most of second half and gave him acres of space. Likewise they didn't push on much in second half, so they saved us making a defensive mess from balls into the box. We certainly picked up in second half and that was an improvement but Hull were poor. A better side would have punished us in second half as we chased the game.

"A better side"? They were second in the table this morning and we have barely let them have a sniff of the ball for 45 mins.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 20, 2021, 07:00:27 pm by Spud »

Agree 100%. Great second half but Hull should have pushed for the killer fourth goal at 1-3 or even 2-3, we were fragile & they thankfully took their foot off our throat.
Great game, you just couldn't make up Copps getting that goal, but lots of work to be done defensively, every ball into our box is time to cover our eyes.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 20, 2021, 07:14:46 pm by Campsall rover »
Don’t know what has happened to our defending crosses and corners.

Some serious work needs doing on the training ground because we will not win many games if we keep conceding 3 goals.

That is 3 of last 4 games we have conceded 3 & 4 goals in a match.
Must get back to being a hard team to score against.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 20, 2021, 07:31:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
First and foremost, the keeper has to be dealing with balls in the 6 yard box. He's obviously taken a knock in confidence and needs to be encouraged. It was good to see Anderson put his arm round him after that c*ck up in the 2nd half that we got away with.

If he takes more of those balls the seeds of doubt that spreads to the centre halves diminish as they need to know when he's coming and when it's their responsibility to clear. That said, Anderson was at fault for the second goal which should have been his.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 20, 2021, 07:42:47 pm by Bessie Red »

Agree 100%. Great second half but Hull should have pushed for the killer fourth goal at 1-3 or even 2-3, we were fragile & they thankfully took their foot off our throat.
Great game, you just couldn't make up Copps getting that goal, but lots of work to be done defensively, every ball into our box is time to cover our eyes.
Dont think the Snake helped their cause by putting Malik down the centre after taking McGennis off!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 21, 2021, 09:35:19 pm by Alan Southstand »
There’s not a lot wrong with Gomes, just don’t play him in that defensive 2!

His confidence will have taken a knock, no doubt, but a few weeks back on the training ground will sort it. In the meantime, he’s worth a spot on the bench, if only to cover any injuries.

My other concern is the form of Taylor (not Richards). He’s becoming a bit of a luxury player at the moment and his form has dipped quite a bit. He only ever seems happy when going forward and, even then, doesn’t seem to create an awful lot. Maybe he’s due a rest?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 21, 2021, 11:33:19 pm by GazLaz »

His confidence will have taken a knock, no doubt, but a few weeks back on the training ground will sort it. In the meantime, he’s worth a spot on the bench, if only to cover any injuries.

My other concern is the form of Taylor (not Richards). He’s becoming a bit of a luxury player at the moment and his form has dipped quite a bit. He only ever seems happy when going forward and, even then, doesn’t seem to create an awful lot. Maybe he’s due a rest?

I think Taylor generally works pretty hard. His attacking output is minimal at the minute. Is his contract up at the end of the season? Looks like a player who may be leaving to me.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 22, 2021, 12:08:02 am by Monkcaster_Rover »

I think Taylor generally works pretty hard. His attacking output is minimal at the minute. Is his contract up at the end of the season? Looks like a player who may be leaving to me.

It is. I've been saying it for a while I wouldn't be too arsed if he didn't renew. Won't be good enough for the Championship if we went up.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 22, 2021, 08:18:09 am by godlike1 »

Not sure you were saying that at the start of the season when he was scoring for fun

TinyPortal © 2005-2012